Username: Password:

Author Topic: The idolm@ster 2 Request Engine - In beta, require testers  (Read 2415 times)

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
The idolm@ster 2 Request Engine - In beta, require testers
« on: October 31, 2011, 04:28:55 pm »
If you haven't figured out the images I posted in the request thread by now, well, now you know. Sometimes the best way to ensure everyone does it right is... well, to make the tools to help them yourself.

That and I got tired of losing requests because a forum isn't really the best of places to track what's been done and what hasn't been done. I'm hoping that requests will be streamlined on both ends, where both requesters and request fillers can have an easier time at it.

I figured after long enough that I'd just bite the bullet and write the code myself, even though I'm actually a novice web programmer. Yes, I know that using php with a very expensive SQL server is unusual. You use what you have basically.

You can find images of the current prototype here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t8v75vg756bsazs/imasonlineprototypeimages.rar

This will eventually be attached onto a database, which I'll be maintaining myself.

Currently:
- All logic for the Xbox 360 version of im@s2 has been written and confirmed working. Currently on Catalog 4 (last version of the compendium)

- All logic for the PS3 version of im@s2 has been written and confirmed working.
Currently on prebeta Catalog 1 (Not released yet)

- English Translation -> im@s Compendium shorthand AND longhand completed.

- First iteration online for online tests - If you want to make X360 requests, you can use it and it'll give you exactly what the other person needs to fill a request.

To do:
- Attach to database after all features work. It currently works as an online paper compendium.
- Login/Logout (I figure tracking who asked for what could be useful.)
- Save drafts of requests prior to submission.
- email notification when picked up by someone else.
- email notification of completion
- Full image insert for referencing
- RSS feed of completed requests.

Requests:

- People to volunteer to try the initial system phase. You won't be able to submit requests, but you WILL be able to via a GUI (but at the moment, words only) create a request, and furthermore, get given the code to copy and paste. No errors ever again.

- If you want the compendium to be placed online for PS3 requests, I need someone who can confirm the first 16 spots of costume (in the grid ORDER - This is important) for all catergories and the first 28 slots on all 4 accessory slots.

This is so I can finalise the item order. I know what the items are and have screenshots (they're the X360 items) but the PS3 shuffles them around and I need to know exactly where each item is to confirm its order.

(Yes, I've been so busy coding and with work/life, I haven't played the game in two weeks. You can wait for me if you like, it just means that I don't fill any requests at all until I'm done 100%ing it.)

Anyone who is any good at HTML would be greatly appreciated, because I'd like to talk templates. (Currently all the HTML is generated depending on the scenario, but You can probably guess that it's very modular. Nothing like learning more efficent ways to code.)

Same goes for anyone with skill in Javascript -  I would like to change the images on the fly, and although I DO know how it  works, my javascript  manipulation skills are abysmal (mostly due the fact I suck at debugging.)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 06:11:11 pm by Setsuna »
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: The idolm@ster 2 Request Engine.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 05:09:42 pm »
My brother is a fantastic web developer I could ask him if he is interested.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 02:15:16 am »
My brother is a fantastic web developer I could ask him if he is interested.

Well, if you need to give him details, I need javascript to detect which character has been selected, then dynamically change the lookup directory to change the picture.

Bear in mind that all the logic is done via php before the page is rendered (and currently it's just using very simple html, as per the picture) so it makes all the data you need to see before the page is rendered. Yes it was a pain, but fortunately I only need to make the framework once.

Namely, if say the active character was Takane, and I changed it to Yukiho, it'd change part of the filepath to look at Yukiho's set of images. The DB (and php) know what characters have been selected, so it can tell Javascript which ones it should show the option to switch to.

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Crisu

• Filled with danketsu
    • View Profile
    • ISML
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 05:13:32 am »
Are you looking for something like this?

http://www.765-pro.info/request/

I'm not 100% sure on the exact purpose of the compendium.  Is it supposed to be a visual aide/guide to requesting videos?  Or does it serve a greater purpose (e.g. a FAQ or strategy guide for the game complete with visuals)?  I've been slowly going through older threads since joining the forum, so I haven't read everything yet, but your project has been very intriguing thus far, Setsuna.

I registered this domain name about a month ago for fun for myself, but it's nicely convenient for this application.  I have some webspace on a server that runs PHP and MySQL.  I wrote the above form based on the screenshots provided in the RAR file.  It is pretty much all JavaScript on the front end.  The PHP backend reads data from text files to populate the lists and menus.  I can upgrade it later to pull from SQL, but for now doing file I/O is much simpler for me.

If you think I'm heading in the right direction, the form can be improved in many ways.  More logic can prevent you from choosing an idol more than once.  I also want to replace the drop-down menu with the images of each idol.  Does anyone know where I can get graphics of the square avatars used in the game?  I think they're also being sold as PS3 avatars in Catalog 1.  Those look the best for this application.

If I'm interpreting the rest of the requirements correctly, what you want is a job tracking system for imas video requests.  Users can submit jobs, and 'producers' can login to claim a job, update its status, and later mark it as complete.  I work with something similar at my job (it's at the enterprise level, though), so I think it's possible to flesh out one here on a smaller scale.
くっー

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 07:54:49 am »
Wow, something like that would be a nice start.

Yes, it's a visual guide (Although I need to add in additional data) as well as a tracking system. Basically a one stop request and filling stop.

What can I say, I like being accurate. I also got really tired of guessing and getting it wrong.

Thing is, it's designed as a visual aid - so it's graphical as well.

I wrote most of my transactions via MSSQL - but that's because it's the first SQL database I've ever used, and for some reason, I can't make head or tail out of MYSQL's stored proceedures. (I've tried comparing my written examples with MYSQL syntax, and I just can't quite get it right.)

(I'm somewhat security conscious, and directly talking to the DB always scares me, which is why I rather have a stored proceedure set than a direct statement.)

I've written some of the base php code at my end and added logic, although bear in mind HTML was never my strong suit (and I utterly dispise javascript) so it's pretty primitive. It also has significant locks on order and the like - I don't want rogue requests going into the system.

I've been behind on the work though - I haven't had a chance to play the game to unlock most of the items, although if someone else HAS got everything in game, I can begin work using a composite PS3/X360 screenshot set. (I know where the PS3 ones sit but  need to check if the PS3 regular items shuffled the base PS3 game items' order.)

Drop me a PM, and we'll talk live I think. I think we can seriously get somewhere here, since I'm by all definitions a novice coder (And consequently very slow at it) and if you're better at it...

I can send the code I have at the moment, if you want a quick walkthrough.

Eventually I'd like to expand the system, but one step at a time.

I can confirm I have the square avatars - They're actually not new by any definition of the word, since they were distributed on the X360 version as well, and (interestingly enough) are the same images as the character select. It's a cut and paste job, really.

Are you looking for something like this?

http://www.765-pro.info/request/

I'm not 100% sure on the exact purpose of the compendium.  Is it supposed to be a visual aide/guide to requesting videos?  Or does it serve a greater purpose (e.g. a FAQ or strategy guide for the game complete with visuals)?  I've been slowly going through older threads since joining the forum, so I haven't read everything yet, but your project has been very intriguing thus far, Setsuna.

I registered this domain name about a month ago for fun for myself, but it's nicely convenient for this application.  I have some webspace on a server that runs PHP and MySQL.  I wrote the above form based on the screenshots provided in the RAR file.  It is pretty much all JavaScript on the front end.  The PHP backend reads data from text files to populate the lists and menus.  I can upgrade it later to pull from SQL, but for now doing file I/O is much simpler for me.

If you think I'm heading in the right direction, the form can be improved in many ways.  More logic can prevent you from choosing an idol more than once.  I also want to replace the drop-down menu with the images of each idol.  Does anyone know where I can get graphics of the square avatars used in the game?  I think they're also being sold as PS3 avatars in Catalog 1.  Those look the best for this application.

If I'm interpreting the rest of the requirements correctly, what you want is a job tracking system for imas video requests.  Users can submit jobs, and 'producers' can login to claim a job, update its status, and later mark it as complete.  I work with something similar at my job (it's at the enterprise level, though), so I think it's possible to flesh out one here on a smaller scale.