Username: Password:

Author Topic: Custom iM@S Homepages (Taking Requests!)  (Read 4291 times)

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Custom iM@S Homepages (Taking Requests!)
« on: November 21, 2011, 03:33:19 am »
In the last few years I've taken to making my own custom homepages for my browser with custom links and images. I'm looking for some opportunities to practise my skills and thought this might be a good chance. If anyone would like me to make an iM@S homepage for them, just let me know here! Here's a few pages I've done:

(Iori Theme. I personally use this one.)

(Haruka Theme. Made on request.)

(Ryuuguu Komachi Theme. Made on request.)

I don't have enough free time to take on anything super complicated at the moment, but if you'd like one just use this template:

Request Template
Resolution: What is your monitor's resolution?
Browser: What browser do you plan to display yours on? I can't guarantee a working homepage for anything other than Firefox. I'm willing to try, though.

Character Theme: Pick any character, pairings or groups that you'd like. I'll colour co-ordinate the theme around them.
Background Image: What style of background image do you want? Cool? Cute? Sexy? Or, give me a link of one to use.
Page Layout: How do you want the content on your page positioned? If you don't know/don't care I'll come up with my own design.

Extra Content: Do you want Youtube videos (or something else) embedded? What about any text?
Other Details: Is there anything else specific you want/don't want?

Don't worry about including what websites you want linked, I'll give you simple instructions once the page is done on how to put all that in yourself.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:48:44 pm by DereDereAngel »

Reosaur

• Amami Haruka is MY top idol. ;D
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Re: Custom iM@S Homepages
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 06:59:56 pm »
This sounds like a great idea and you're generous to offer. Since I seem to be the first one who'll post I'd like to request a Haruka homepage! :D I'm not too familiar with the whole webpage making process so I'm glad you'll include instructions lol. ;P

Request Template
Character Theme: Haruka
Image Style: I have two pictures here you could use that I like. Feel free to use whichever one would be easier for you though!
1. http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/aniblo02/imgs/6/8/68b652b6.jpg
2. http://quiescent.spiderwalls.net/png/20.png
Buttons: Buttons would be cool, like the ones you've used for example.
Page Layout: Let's go in-between! :P
Resolution: 1280X800

Extra Content: Hmmm.. Just because I'm curious, I'd like to see a youtube video of Haruka performing "I Want." Of course this is greatly appreciated whenever you get around to it! :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:11:54 pm by Reosaur »

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 02:49:29 am »
Haruka Request by Reosaur

Done! Now, hopefully this will all look ok on your PC. My monitor resolution is quite different from yours, but I think I've adjusted it all okay. If it looks funny, take a screenshot and send it to me so I can see what it looks like for you and how I can fix it. Also, it may look funny if you don't use FireFox. If you don't use FF (again) take a picture if it looks funny so I can see what I need to fix.

You'll notice I didn't use either of the images you requested. The extremely large one you linked, even when resized, just didn't look all that great as a background. The screenshot of Haruka on stage you linked was a bit too small and I didn't want to stretch it as it made it look funny. However, if you'd prefer to sub that one in, I can explain to you how to do it.

Preview

I went with a whole 'I WANT' theme; mostly red and black. I picked out three YouTube videos and put them down the side. The top one if the one you requested, the others were just for fun. Again, if you'd prefer different videos, I can explain to you how to change them.

Instructions
-- Unzip the folder and you can access the homepage by opening page.html. You can set it as your homepage just like a regular
website. Keep in mind if you move the folder around on your PC the 'address' will change.
-- To set your own custom links, right click 'page.html' and open it in NOTEPAD. Scroll down until you see:

Code: [Select]
<a href="LINK HERE" class="button red">WEBSITE NAME</a>
Put in the website URL where it says 'LINK HERE'. Put in the text you want on the button where it says 'WEBSITE NAME'. You can add/delete buttons by clearing those identical lines of code below it. Buttons can be also set to blue or pink by changing class="button red" to: class="button blue" or class="button pink".

You can also change the CUSTOM CATEGORY HERE title, by just finding it in the notepad file and changing the text to whatever you want.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:41:10 am by DereDereAngel »

Reosaur

• View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 05:08:51 am »
Wow! I REALLY appreciate this! It looks amazing! :D
And I don't mind that you didn't use the links I sent, this picture you picked yourself is just... Great. I couldn't have picked a better one! The "I want" theme looks great overall too!

I can't wait to try it out, I'll reply back here after "installing" it and let you know if the resolution is funky or not. If you don't mind though, I DO have my desktop as well with a different resolution and I'd like to apply this homepage to that computer as well... But you could do that whenever you're free. Again, thanks a ton for this!

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 05:40:09 am »
Glad you like it! I hope it will work on your PC okay.

I was really worried when I started working on it. I tried so many different layouts and it just looked ugly. Took me a while to figure out a good way to get the YouTube video(s) in there without blocking the background image. It shouldn't be too hard to adjust it if you want to use it on a different PC too.

Edit: I just removed the download link. Since these are custom, I think I'd prefer to just give them out to people who requested/want them rather than just for public download. If you need to download it again, just ask and I'll PM you the address.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:53:47 am by DereDereAngel »

Reosaur

• View Profile
    • Twitch
Re: Custom iM@S Homepages (You Can Request!)
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 12:31:22 pm »
I LOVE it!

It works great on my pc but there's only one thing I'm not sure of. When I set it to my homepage it doesn't fill the entire space, there are small white bars on both sides I don't know if that was intended or not but would it be possible to cover the entire thing? If you want, you could tell me how to adjust it for my desktop just so you don't need to do any extra work. I just remembered that I took a course in high school for htmls and stuff so maybe my little knowledge will suffice. >XD

The PM-ing idea sounds good to me!

Here's a picture, of the page, btw. It's a little hard to see the white bars because it's on a white background but just look at the top of the page and you could see where it cuts from the red.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad16/reosaur/HarukaHP.jpg

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Custom iM@S Homepages (You Can Request!)
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 12:38:51 pm »
Ah yes, I see. That's just my bad. I misjudged the image size for your resolution, but it should be amazingly easy to fix.

Go here:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/harukan.png/

and just save the image somewhere on your pc. Then simply drag it to "C:\wherever you put your homepage folder\images" and replace the old background with this one. You'll need to rename it to 'haruka.png', for some reason imageshack renamed it. The only downside to that image is that (just because of the natural image) it will shift Haruka slightly to the left on the homepage. It's not that noticeable though.

If you want to use it on your other computer, it will "hopefully" just work as is. The only thing that may look weird is the white bars on the side of the screen. If the size still isn't quite right... just open it up in paint and resize it a little or cut off the extra. Then just save it and you should be good to go.

If you're still having problems, let me know and I'll PM you the full image. Then you can just chop and change it yourself.

Edit: Oh, also, I don't think I mentioned it before... you can also add as many buttons as you want on the bottom there. Just duplicate the button code I mentioned a couple of posts ago and paste it directly under the others. You can change that 'CUSTOM CATEGORY NAME HERE' text too just buy replacing it with something else/deleting it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:23:41 pm by DereDereAngel »

Reosaur

• View Profile
    • Twitch
Re: Custom iM@S Homepages (Taking Requests!)
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 03:49:32 pm »
Ah! Thanks a lot! I edited it for my laptop and it worked like a charm, no more white bars! I'm going to try it on my desktop in a little bit. You're awesome, man. If only there was a rep system or something on here I'd give you +1.

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 05:55:08 pm »
just wondering, do you do youtube pages as well?

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 11:55:12 pm »
Ah! Thanks a lot! I edited it for my laptop and it worked like a charm, no more white bars! I'm going to try it on my desktop in a little bit. You're awesome, man. If only there was a rep system or something on here I'd give you +1.

Thanks! I had fun making it too, so it's all good. :D

just wondering, do you do youtube pages as well?

I've never done one before, but I suppose I could give it a shot. I wasn't aware you could use HTML and CSS on a YouTube page though.

CStar123

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 05:32:50 pm »
Hi! Could I request one?
Resolution: 1280x1024
Browser:Internet Explorer
Character Theme: Ryuuguu Komachi, please. In their Palace of Dragon or Princess Melody outfits. I don't mind.
Background Images: I dont mind, just something that goes with the color of the outfits, please.
Extra: Can I have a video of them performing Smoky Thrill, and also one of them performing Nanairo Button?
Thanks so much!

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 10:51:29 pm »
Not a problem! Will start working on it in a bit!

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 11:45:55 pm »
Ryuuguu Komachi Request by CStar123
Ta-da!

This page made me hate the differences in coding for Firefox. Trying to align some of the content as an absolute pain! Haha. Got both the videos you requested and I hope you like the background image ok. If not, it's fairly easy to sub in one of your own. Simply go to the /images folder and replace the background image with one of your own. Just make sure it's the same file type and rename it to the same name.

Instructions
I have PM'd you the link to the download.

-- Unzip the folder and you can access the homepage by opening page.html. You can set it as your homepage just like a regular
website. Keep in mind if you move the folder around on your PC the 'address' will change.
-- To set your own custom links, right click 'page.html' and open it in NOTEPAD. Scroll down until you see:

<a href="LINK HERE" class="button blue">WEBSITE NAME</a>
Put in the website URL where it says 'LINK HERE'.
Put in the text you want on the button where it says 'WEBSITE NAME'.
You can add/delete buttons by clearing (or duplicating) those identical lines of code below it. Buttons can be also set to red or green. Just change the colour name where it says: class="button COLOURNAME".

The top purple buttons can be changed too. Just use the same instructions as above, but this time you need to find the code:

<a href="http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php" class="button purple">Project-iM@S</a>

CStar123

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 04:03:46 am »
I love it! I am having problems with it though.  :P  The two videos appear fine, but the rest of the page is white. I'm not sure how to take a picture of it, though.

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 05:06:38 am »
The whole page is white? As in, the background image isn't there?

You can take a screenshot by pressing the "PRINT SCREEN" button on your keyboard. It's often abbreviated to "PRTSC" or something similar. Then just upload it to somewhere like imageshack and link it here.