Username: Password:

Author Topic: Has anyone bought "The Idolmaster Official Magazine"?  (Read 2581 times)

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Has anyone bought "The Idolmaster Official Magazine"?
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:59:01 am »
I'm just trying to figure out what's actually in it and if it's any good! Here's a link:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10166307

It looks like it's an art book and comes with some clear posters or something? If anyone can clear that up for me, I'd really appreciate it!

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
Re: Has anyone bought "The Idolmaster Official Magazine"?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:42:38 am »
It looks like it's an art book and comes with some clear posters or something? If anyone can clear that up for me, I'd really appreciate it!

Looks that way, except they're bromides: photograph thingies. Okay, large clearish ones, but you get the picture.

Thank you, Sakura Taisen, for telling me what those are.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 07:45:59 am by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 07:47:57 am »
Ah, thanks!

I wonder how big they are; doesn't seem to be listed anywhere...

Funkies

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 09:17:21 pm »
The magazine itself is printed on fairly large glossy stock, I'm not exactly familiar with Japanese magazines.  I imagine, deriving this from English Newtype standards, it's printed on the same size paper.  200 pages, so a fair amount to flip through.  It includes quite a bit, though I would imagine it would be mostly considered "fluff" for many.  The first half has Character Profiles, Anime, Game, History, and Extra sections.  Basically the Game section is a fancy game manual.  It seems to be more PS3-centric, as the "DLC" info includes only what's on that console currently.  Info up to G4U Vol.3, so that's nice to see in print.

It does include an explanation on Rock/Paper/Scissors, with Yayoi as the example.  Right on!  Lots of artwork/screenshots for the appropriate sections.  History has a half page each dedicated to the past games, more summary information than anything.  Also an interview with Naomi Wakabayashi (Ritsuko) and Azumi Asakura (current Yukiho).  Extra section is for the music CDs, figures, and other merchandise (such as that handed out at concerts).  Some of it I've never seen before myself, so it's interesting to see what's been offered over the years.

The last 100 pages (Comic section) are dedicated to chapters of the latest iM@S manga tanks.  There's some info on the 6th Anniversary from over the summer as well in one section (can't remember which), it may cover the Blu-ray comin' out in December.  I can't quite remember at the moment, and I really can't dig it out at the moment.  At any rate, it's a lovely thing to have for an iM@S fan... even if the information's present elsewhere.  Otherwise it's not must have by any means.

The bromides included are nice, about a fourth of the size of the magazine.  They're packed inside of a plastic bag tucked into the magazine, and they're all semi-transparent.  All 13 idols are included, and it appears all of the images can be reproduced in G4U! Vol.1.  Signatures, a little blurb from the voice actress, it's all good.  Overall a nice thing to have, but not absolutely "new" by any means.

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 12:53:02 am »
Wow, thanks for all that info! I really appreciate it! :)

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 11:05:00 am »
Uh yeah, I just bought it. It costs around $40 WITH shipping included. What I do and spend for iM@S...

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 11:18:40 am »
Uh yeah, I just bought it. It costs around $40 WITH shipping included. What I do and spend for iM@S...

What do you think of it?

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 11:20:33 am »
What do you think of it?
Uh sorry, it hasn't even shipped yet. 2-3 weeks...orz

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 11:24:17 am »
Oh right. I read your first post as: "Just got it", rather than "Just bought it." My mistake. :P

Reosaur

• Amami Haruka is MY top idol. ;D
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 03:01:59 pm »
Ah, this is great I've been looking at this for a while now and been wondering if I should get it. Thanks for the info.

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 11:14:21 pm »
My magazine finally came today! All I can say is if you're an imas fan. GET IT.