Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolmaster Cinderella Girls  (Read 531719 times)

JLam

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
Re: Idolmaster Cinderella Girls
« Reply #2505 on: May 31, 2015, 10:08:40 am »
Thanks to everyone that replied. You help is much appreciated.

Seems like I am kinda playing this game correctly. Kinda.

Here is my team for this event.

I bought a bunch of cheap SRs that I liked. Not sure if this was the way to go.
Are those numbers okay? Or am I actually doing something very wrong? What are the next step I should take to improve?
I have about 100 stamina drinks left over from way back after buying the SRs. I don't mind spending them but am a little reluctant to because all the ones I get now are untradeble...

Steve

• Mirei <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: May 31, 2015, 10:21:09 am »
Well I was giving advise for the Live Royale event but that has now concluded so let me also give my take on how to play this Dream Festival one.
PS to JLam, my current attack is 288,583 so we are pretty much even.

First let me start with resources you need to aim for:
- Team forming bonus reward - well its already too late if you missed it xD
- Round specific drinks - well these are obvious and you get them without doing anything
- Dream point reward drinks and Emerald Coin reward drinks, better the result = more drinks
- Round rank - S rank is guarantee but getting SS rank gives a lot more drinks, aiming for that is good (cinderella ticket for top 3 but that depends on the group you get, there will pretty much always be someone taking those)
- Team victory - gl on getting a good team, pretty much random. But getting 180k points for S-rank gives a good bonus of drinks
- Rare medal: 50 rare medals will give you 10 full drinks and 10 1/6 ones, that is total of 70 points, spread throughout the event when you are missing that bit of boost for the next reward/position

Now onto when you use your stuff. It is a lot of math on the fly (just addition and subtraction though so its easy).
All stuff from the BR strategy as far as unit composition applies here, one type with good boosts + those cards with multipliers.

There are 2 stages in the event:

1 - During Fever:
Everything moves really fast during fever so getting unit discovery or last hit is really hard, but not impossible. However your focus should be on something else, not wasting time trying to get these.
Wait for when battles are 30-100 mil points (before that you can focus on last hitting or unit discovery for some extra spare points).
Then you want to aim for these 2 goals.

a) You aim for the first place
You will only do this once or twice since it consumes lot of drinks, but the reward is sweet if you can pull it off.
To snag a first place you often will be the "solo runner" as I call them, you will be the only one in the battle log mixed with few random participants and your aim will be to get about 30-50% of the total value of the unit (so lets say it 30 mil one, you need like 12mil to get first place, 15 to get it guaranteed).
What you need to do is do the 3 drink attack, back, refresh, repeat until you dealt the desired amount of damage (check combat log and quickly add the numbers). While aiming for this you also need to be adding the total damage of other people and subtracting it from the total unit value, so let say you see someone getting 2.5 mil times 2, that's 5 mil, now you only need 12.5 mil (still on the 30mil example) to get first place as he already reduced the requirement from 30 to 25. That is unless he is the one getting it all, but you will see that someone is competing with you for the first place, in which case you either let him be the solo runner really early (if he has better attack value than you) or you continue and get it for yourself (if you have better attack values).
Like this you need to be adding and subtracting values of all people individually, I usually just remember the idol he has as a leader, luckily there is lot of idols that seeing someone use the same one is rare, but I mean if you are better remembering his name then do that xD
While going for this it is worth trying to get the last hit since you are using 3x drinks, you have a pretty good chance to get last hit if you know your output is 2.5mil you then wait for when there is like 2mil left and take it.

b) You aim for the second place
This time you are the sidekick for the solo runner, if you see a really good solo runner without much competition, you can easily snag a second place, what you have to do is ignore the solo runner's score but pay very close attention to everyone else. The solo runner with often be the only thing in the battle log and thats a sign of a good chance to get second place. Other people will participate like once or twice at which point you just add their values and shoot over it. If you can get away with using only 1 drink and still getting 2nd or 3rd place it is the best value but often that is not the case (only when the solo runner goes even over half, which happens sometimes). Otherwise you will probably need to use 6-9 drinks on a 30+mil unit. You still get points 1000 for every million you deal, so if you go twice for 5 mil, that's 5000 points, and if you get second place that's usually extra 6000 points making your investment more than doubled.

1 - Outside of Fever:
The only thing you use however, are the naturally refreshing APs, don't use any drinks (not even round specific) unless you really have to (such as you see that only 2 people participated in this unit but you don't have AP to do anything, its worth using a single drink to get 3rd place)
There are again 2 things you want to be aiming for outside of fewer.

a) Unit discovery : for a little bit of stamina you can get like 300-600 points without using any drinks, if you have time to check for it do it whenever you can (good activity while pretending to be working or at school and such xD)

b) Last hit: much more difficult to pull off since you need to constantly refresh and its really slow outside of fever, if your work/school really lets you do that then go for it xD You want to use your APs anyways so its often good to use all 3 + production assist for that. If you can get 1.5 times your investment (so lets say 2000 appeal for 2000 points and 1000 for last hit), its fairly averge result.

If you don't really have time to do any of these then just check every 2 hours (thats how long it takes to get 6APs) and just use it on whatever, it can usually be like 8-10k points for just using the 6, participation, maybe 3rd place or something (or first place on low value units). Checking every 2 hours is pretty easy with whatever other things you have to do so not missing on that is fairly important.

well, that's my strategy at least, if you have any more tips for this event, please share them :)
And good luck on the Ayame SR, really cute girl xD (I think I'll once again get 5% ticket and once again get Master Trainer but we will see xD).

Steve

• Mirei <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: May 31, 2015, 11:12:44 am »
I have about 100 stamina drinks left over from way back after buying the SRs. I don't mind spending them but am a little reluctant to because all the ones I get now are untradeble...
Oh were the regular stamina drinks from like work rewards instead of what is now the My Stamina drinks? :O Damn I wish I was playing in those times and then took a break xD
Yeah with trading and rewards from events and all that stuff I now earn about 30 stamina drinks a week so pretty low.
Since you have a pretty good line up, I would probably just get your favorite girl now xD No idea who that would be but I spend most of my stuff on Rika and Miria and cute passionate girls like that xD
Like I wouldn't really spend more than 20 drinks on a girl that doesn't have a voice for example.

On one hand I minmax the event and all that, but on the other hand I get weaker stat idols just because they are my favorite girl and have a voice.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: May 31, 2015, 04:03:17 pm »
T-That Ranko SR+...

(faints)

I'm glad I can't make any purchases in mobage, otherwise I would be soooo broke lol. Bridal gachas are my weakness. >_>

Also I officially hit the cap for FP and they're piling up in my present box lol

Steve

• Mirei <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: May 31, 2015, 04:52:14 pm »
T-That Ranko SR+...

(faints)

I'm glad I can't make any purchases in mobage, otherwise I would be soooo broke lol. Bridal gachas are my weakness. >_>

Also I officially hit the cap for FP and they're piling up in my present box lol

Yeah the Ranko SR+ is indeed nice, but I am still more of a passion P so not that interested xD

also I am just going to throw this here
http://www.play-asia.com/mobage-prepaid-card-2000-yen/13/708h9t

But don't blame me when you don't have money for food next month xD

Zhlink

• Greenhorn
  • : S
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr page-
« Reply #2510 on: May 31, 2015, 05:55:35 pm »
Yeah the Ranko SR+ is indeed nice, but I am still more of a passion P so not that interested xD

But don't blame me when you don't have money for food next month xD

Oh gosh, I forgot about these things-

Also, dang. Stop throwing poison straight at him like that, a man's gotta eat too-

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: May 31, 2015, 06:55:28 pm »
Noooo! Curse you!

I already spend food money on ML so I think I'm good... Hopefully. Lol.

I don't like Shin a ton but her SR+ is gorgeous too. Arghhhh

also I'm a girl B] no prob though!

JLam

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: June 01, 2015, 02:14:09 am »
Oh were the regular stamina drinks from like work rewards instead of what is now the My Stamina drinks? :O Damn I wish I was playing in those times and then took a break xD
Yeah with trading and rewards from events and all that stuff I now earn about 30 stamina drinks a week so pretty low.
Since you have a pretty good line up, I would probably just get your favorite girl now xD No idea who that would be but I spend most of my stuff on Rika and Miria and cute passionate girls like that xD
Like I wouldn't really spend more than 20 drinks on a girl that doesn't have a voice for example.

Yea, but regular gacha SRs back then were like 75+. Original Rin SR was like 200. Was pretty crazy.
unforunately, I already spent like 50+ drinks on some idols. Hope they can carry. But all is good. 
Thanks for the help.

It is cheaper to buy mobacoins through the mobile app via google play, not sure if itunes has one but I think it does. There is no mark up and its actually cheaper then 1:1. was like 97 yen per 100. Only got it once so not sure it is a first time thing.

Steve

• Mirei <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: June 01, 2015, 03:16:28 am »
Ah yeah that makes sense. I wonder why that change happened.
As for the idols, the price will probably not go down if its already so low so you can always sell those back for the same or usually more (that's what I did to some of those I got bored of xD). I often just randomly go through the shop, check what is cute and cheap and get it, it gets into my album and then few weeks later I just sell it sometimes with profit, sometimes for like one less drink but then you can take it that you like rent the idol for that one drink for few weeks which is still fair.

All my years of online gaming from wow to like pso2 and all the free to play games in this age have taught me to not hoard currencies and consumables and just spend it. Unless you have a very specific goal you are saving for it's not really worth it because otherwise you will be saving and saving and saving and then you stop playing the game xD So instead I now enjoy little things, waste drinks on all the Rika cards (well my goal is to get all of them eventually but some of those SRs are insane price like 1000 drinks xD). I had a moment when I liked Mirei (I still do) so I got lot of her cards too and they are just sitting there useless in dorms and stuff since I don't really have good compatibility with cute idols as a passion focused producer. But I had a great time collecting her and have no regrets, if I need to I can always sell all that back.

(Come to think of it it reminds me the age of Pokemon that happened like 15 years ago or so, except now instead of some weird looking animals I am collecting cute girls xD)

Oh and as for google play, I did try to use that but they don't allow paypal in some countries. I did managed to bypass that restriction with a tor proxy however when I finally managed to get the prompt to input my paypal account, it said something about that account not having a valid payment method setup (even though I had enough balance there). Later I found out that you still need a credit card linked in that account and google just takes it from that card and not from the balance, but I only have balance (I get paid on paypal and I just transfer it to bank account when I need cash, I dont have a card to top up. I could maybe ask in bank to get one but I'm too lazy since what's the point if I can just use the balance for all other things). + I would be paying double currency conversion fee which always sucks.

JLam

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: June 01, 2015, 06:39:49 am »
Oh and as for google play, I did try to use that but they don't allow paypal in some countries. I did managed to bypass that restriction with a tor proxy however when I finally managed to get the prompt to input my paypal account, it said something about that account not having a valid payment method setup (even though I had enough balance there). Later I found out that you still need a credit card linked in that account and google just takes it from that card and not from the balance, but I only have balance (I get paid on paypal and I just transfer it to bank account when I need cash, I dont have a card to top up. I could maybe ask in bank to get one but I'm too lazy since what's the point if I can just use the balance for all other things). + I would be paying double currency conversion fee which always sucks.

That is strange. I know you can pay with paypal balance. Only thing is you need a balance that is much higher then what you are buying for whatever reason. Took a few tries to get it to work for my friend as he doesn't have a credit card for PSO2 AC. Buying 1000 AC needed about 4000 yen Paypal balance to make the purchase, the amount actually spent was still regular price of ~1100 yen. There is a markup for AC when buying it from ES unlike mobacoin thus the ~10% increase. But other then that, I had no problems buying mobacoins through Google Play using Paypal. Google automatically selects bank transfer payment method unless I have a paypal balance, which google selects in that case. But yea, my friend has nothing linked to his paypal. Hope you find success in buying cheap Mobacoins.

Steve

• Mirei <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: June 01, 2015, 02:43:34 pm »
Hm that's interesting. I was trying to buy the 500 coins for 515 yen so that's like $5 and I had $150 balance, I mean I can wait for my paycheck and try then with like $500 xD
In pso2 times I still had my mastercard and I did waste like 300 bucks on there :/ The card expired and I never bothered to get a new one though as everything else worked with paypal (I guess Japanese games usually don't it seems).
And actually I also let about 1000AC expire as I didn't read that if you don't spend all of it in a year it will just go away... that can srsly only happen in Japan that real money currency expires... In other western games I used to play I still have tens of dollars worth of currencies sitting there not doing anything (well I guess for currencies like Station Cash that I got for Planetside I can always use in some new game from the company).

On a side note, I managed to get the 360k points for the 5% SR ticket in the event and SS rank... I thought that was a big achievement as I used almost all of my green drinks but there were still 6 people above me just in the round group AND 5700 people above me overall! I guess lot of people spend everything on day one or something, we'll see if I can even hold top 7000 rank.

I guess I did miss few naturally refreshing AP as I was away for few hours but still how do people have like 1,5mil dream points?!? (the first place in my group has that)

At leats I got this Kaede from the ticket, with chibi and clothes, thats always nice http://i.imgur.com/bA2R9OF.png

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:49:36 pm by Steve »

Eab1990

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: June 01, 2015, 03:13:26 pm »
Chieri in a wedding dress fulfills all of my fetishes.

Mary and Shin look great too. And Shin actually looks her age in her SR+.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: June 01, 2015, 06:36:12 pm »
Found a comprehensive list of all the slang and injokes used by CG players. It hasn't been updated for a year but it's an interesting read?

http://nicoten.web.fc2.com/mobamas/yougosyu.html

JLam

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: June 01, 2015, 06:51:25 pm »
On a side note, I managed to get the 360k points for the 5% SR ticket in the event and SS rank... I thought that was a big achievement as I used almost all of my green drinks but there were still 6 people above me just in the round group AND 5700 people above me overall! I guess lot of people spend everything on day one or something, we'll see if I can even hold top 7000 rank.

That is pretty crazy. I only got ~80000 points with just the free drinks. Do you remember how many drinks you spent after the round specific ones? Now knowing that we have about the same attack, I am sure that I am doing something wrong. And congrats on your SR!

Steve

• Mirei <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: June 01, 2015, 07:20:49 pm »
That is pretty crazy. I only got ~80000 points with just the free drinks. Do you remember how many drinks you spent after the round specific ones? Now knowing that we have about the same attack, I am sure that I am doing something wrong. And congrats on your SR!
About 90 more, only have 45 for today's round (+whatever I get from the emerald coins) so I don't think I can repeat yesterday's score.

(oh and lot of the drinks are from the point rewards too)