Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Anime Ep: 06 discussion  (Read 5442 times)

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
The iDOLM@STER Anime Ep: 06 discussion
« on: August 13, 2011, 05:36:30 am »
Since Scotty said it was okay I decided to post the discussion for this week. So what did you guys think about this week?

I thought it was a pretty good episode. But the best part of it was Smoky Thrill. Episode 5 is still my favorite episode though.

Also it seems that Yukiho has gotten a little closer to the producer considering she kindly offered him some tea. XD

It also looks like Miki has become more serious as well. I'm thinking she might have some interest in the producer if you know what I mean.

So overall I give this episode a 7.5/10

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: The iDOLM@STER Anime Ep: 06 discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 05:48:20 am »
I "skee'd" when I saw smoky thrill. I was thinking they were only going to partially animate it like The World Is All One. That was freaking amazing!

Mikimiki was adorable as always.

Although...Harurun should have poisoned those donuts. ^^ It would have fit her perfectly.
I laughed when I saw the drawing of Harurun on the board. XD

Ch@osM@ster

• Apprentice
  • Writer, Gamer, hyper....o wait that's not a hobby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 05:56:57 am »
So far, this is one of the better episodes in the series so far. (IMO)

This one had better character development than episode 3 (Again...IMO), and we got to see a new side of Miki and the Producer.

I guess my only compliant is that they should've saved this for a couple more episodes, and give Iori, Ami, and Azusa more chemistry with each other. And possibly more drama with the twins now that they have to compete against each other. Otherwise, the whole new group thing comes out of nowhere and is just plain ol' random. (AGAIN IMO.)

I'm noticing a ship tease in this anime.

So far we have:

KotoriXProducer
AzusaXProducer
MikiXProducer
YukihoXProducer

Let's see which one comes true.
Hi I'm back its been years LOL

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 06:03:04 am »
So far, this is one of the better episodes in the series so far. (IMO)

This one had better character development than episode 3 (Again...IMO), and we got to see a new side of Miki and the Producer.

I guess my only compliant is that they should've saved this for a couple more episodes, and give Iori, Ami, and Azusa more chemistry with each other. And possibly more drama with the twins now that they have to compete against each other. Otherwise, the whole new group thing comes out of nowhere and is just plain ol' random. (AGAIN IMO.)

I'm noticing a ship tease in this anime.

So far we have:

KotoriXProducer
AzusaXProducer
MikiXProducer
YukihoXProducer

Let's see which one comes true.

Don't forget the yuri couplings
YukihoxMakoto
HarukaxChihaya

jk~ jk~

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 06:15:19 am »
It was okay.

Don't call it a Miki episode though, since it wasn't. It just merely showed what everyone knew all along, and that was the fact that Miki is basically the best idol of the bunch.
I seriously hope the BD release has smoother animation, because frankly, the dancing was horrid. In terms of how fluid the animation was.

I like episodes that get right to the point and have a nice plot for the rest of the 22 or so minutes. And this is one of them. So it was alright.

7.5/10

Nope

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 06:31:04 am »
I seriously hope the BD release has smoother animation, because frankly, the dancing was horrid. In terms of how fluid the animation was.

Are you serious? As far as TV anime is concerned, animation doesn't get more fluid.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 06:32:07 am »
Yeah. I'm serious.

Which is why I'm hoping the BD release is better. By the way, I've seen better.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:36:24 am by Scotty »

Nope

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 06:36:52 am »
Yeah. I'm serious.

Which is why I'm hoping the BD release is better.

No, no. The problem is that the animation can't get more fluid. The entire dancing sequence was shot in "twos". "Twos" means 12 fps and it is as fluid as character animation gets in TV anime. The Lucky Star OP was shot in "twos". The Hare Hare Yukai was shot in "twos". Hell, ignore TV anime; Ghibli movies are shot in "twos"! Outside of Akira or specific sequences, such as CG or Mushishi's mushi, TV anime isn't shot in "ones", 24fps, which means that it doesn't get more fluid than the dancing in IM@S ep 6, which, like I said, was shot in the already uncommon "twos".
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:39:29 am by Nope »

Saturos

• Producer
  • Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 06:37:44 am »

I'll just leave this here...
MAKO MAKO RIIIIIIIIIN!!

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 06:40:22 am »
No, no. The problem is that the animation can't get more fluid. The entire dancing sequence was shot in "twos". "Twos" means 12 fps and it is as fluid as character animation gets in TV anime. The Lucky Star OP was shot in "twos". The Hare Hare Yukai was shot in "twos". Hell, ignore TV anime; Ghibli movies are shot in "twos"! Outside of Akira or specific sequences, such as CG or Mushishi's mushi, TV anime isn't shot in "ones", 24fps, which means that it doesn't get more fluid than the dancing in IM@S ep 6, which, like I said, was shot in the already uncommon "twos".

None of that matters. Like I said, it was horrid.

Edit: Actually, let me expand.

The majority was good. Great. But there were bits and pieces throughout the routine which grabbed my attention so much, it made me think it was mostly horrid.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:43:05 am by Scotty »

Nope

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 06:43:27 am »
None of that matters. Like I said, it was horrid.

Why was it horrid? I don't get it. It looked pretty amazing to me and the overall reception with both IM@S fans and animation fans has been rather positive.

Edit: Oh, I see.

Actually, the sequence had one little problem that the KyoAni dancing sequences I mentioned didn't have: the moving background. The CG moving background was animated how you would expect CG to be animated in ones, 24fps. The combination of 24fps and 12fps may have made the character animation look ocassionally "less fluid" due to the contrast between the different frame rates.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:48:40 am by Nope »

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 06:48:00 am »
Yeah, sorry. I say too little sometimes~!

afu.

SalemJeanette

• (ლ╹◡╹)ლ 彡┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 06:59:48 am »
It's just the designs what make it look bad.
The animation was good
Join the Idolmaster irc channel on Rizon #Idolmaster

DJStarstryker

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 07:05:08 am »
Producer-san made all of us im@s game producers look a little bad in this episode. Not very good at balancing his girls there at times, is he?  :P

Overall, pretty good episode. I am curious how much of the im@s 2 storyline we're going to touch on. Is Producer-san ever going to put together a dedicated trio, or is he just going to keep managing the girls individually? I think the latter is a potential path towards disaster.
GIZA!

nyachan

• Resident Photoshop Monkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 05:12:13 pm »
Producer-san made all of us im@s game producers look a little bad in this episode.
How does his mistakes make the game producers look bad? Anyone can make a mistake, he just was in a panic (and a bit jealous of Ricchan's success) that he did a lot of things without thinking. That isn't implying all producers/players do that kind of thing (though we probably will sometimes make mistakes or what have you from time to time... thankfully there's the reset button haha).

I actually really liked the fact he was, well, jealous. He was jealous that Ryuuguu Komachi was so busy and their schedule so full and then there's his half with drawings to fill in the massive spaces. He felt like he was incompetent in comparison because he wasn't able to get the amount of jobs Ritsuko was getting. It showed a part of the producer we hadn't seen yet, and it was interesting in my opinion.

So yeah, long ramble short: I enjoyed the episode. The dancing looked nice as well, which is good. :>

I also finally showed the episodes to my boyfriend the other day and, while he still thinks there's more "dating sim" to they series than there really is, he says the show itself is okay. He said the animation was pretty good (which you have to admit, compared to a lot of other anime it is), and at some point he said he liked Ami/Mami. He can't remember any of their names though haha.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 05:14:42 pm by nyachan »