Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolm@ster 2 on PS3  (Read 275742 times)

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
Re: Idolm@ster 2 on PS3
« Reply #990 on: November 25, 2011, 12:28:18 am »
I wonder if the Christmas outfit changes depend on what character is where o nthe stage or if that's just how the screenshot was arranged.
Also I really love the color for that floral outfit, it's very fetching.

Corinth

• Greenhorn
  • Currently Producing Miki, Makoto, Yukiho
    • View Profile
    • Bilingual Gamer
« Reply #991 on: November 25, 2011, 02:06:52 am »
Pardon me if I missed it, but did anyone else post this? http://imas.ath.cx/~imas/cgi-bin/src/imas92528.jpg

Interesting extra bit of info from that image:  Jibun Restart will work for quintets as well.   

nyachan

• Resident Photoshop Monkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #992 on: November 25, 2011, 02:22:15 am »
Interesting extra bit of info from that image:  Jibun Restart will work for quintets as well.
yes. this is good.
definitely will make it worth the money. : P

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 25, 2011, 06:07:22 am »
During dialogue sequences in promotions were you have to touch one of your idols... does it ever actually tell you where you should be touching? My Japanese is decent, but not great and I can rarely figure out what I should be doing. I'm sure it changes from girl to girl and event to event, but anyone have any tips for getting it right?

Crisu

• Filled with danketsu
    • View Profile
    • ISML
« Reply #994 on: November 25, 2011, 06:16:06 am »
I think you're supposed to figure it out on your own, based on the current conversation.  It's much like dialogue choices, except now you have a whole lot more than just 3 choices (usually).

I recall in one promotion scene, I was backstage with Haruka and she was hesitant to step out.  So I had the option to 'touch' her back, which shoved her forward onto the stage.  In retrospect, I wonder if I could have touched her head and caused her to trip and fall.  Or gave her a good-luck slap on the bum.

Of course, I'm sure there are always terrible results if you try to touch your idol's private parts.

I think other selections are not necessarily "touching" but simply identifying a body part, such as the eyes or fingers or ears.
くっー

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 25, 2011, 06:33:28 am »
Jibun REST@RT can support quintets? That's great! Man, pretty soon, Change!!!! is going to be out, and I'm gonna have those three set for the singles you assign to your unit.

As for the touch, Crisu got it right. It does depend on the conversation, and where you touch your idol/point out. When the icon is a outstretched hand, that's signifying a touch. The hand with a finger pointing outward is, well, pointing out stuff.
--Under Construction---

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 25, 2011, 06:45:48 am »
Huh, I hadn't even noticed the differences in hands. I was probably too busy panicking! Haha.

Thanks guys, that's a big help!

One more (probably stupid) question. Once you clear an audition (or win a Fes etc.) and your Unit simply performs. When you hit SELECT to bring up the camera controls, I noticed you can 'Appeal' with X. Seems like if you do it in time it's a success, off the beat and there's an accident. Does this actually do anything useful? Or is it just for taking pictures?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 06:48:55 am by DereDereAngel »

Reosaur

• Amami Haruka is MY top idol. ;D
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #997 on: November 25, 2011, 04:42:38 pm »
Whew! Received my copy this morning. I can't wait to try it out and finally join in some conversation here. :P

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #998 on: November 25, 2011, 09:04:17 pm »
Grats.
You know while helping my brother play the game, I realize all the mistakes I've made on my first produce.

iDOLM@STER 2 has a lot of really different elements than the other games in the series which made it extremely difficult. I found boxm@s and SP extremely easy to do well on your first produce.

Except for accidents. I don't know how I feel about the exclusion of accidents.
The only two times I got an accident was in the forced festival with Jupiter and one time in S4U for no apparent reason.
It makes watching lives more enjoyable, but still, it doesn't feel the same as seeing your first accident free show.

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 25, 2011, 09:20:43 pm »
@Reosaur: Have fun playing the game! I'm still stuck with schoolwork and other games, so I haven't had time to play it.  :'( Watching my brother and helping him play through it is fun in itself, though.

Grats.
You know while helping my brother play the game, I realize all the mistakes I've made on my first produce.

iDOLM@STER 2 has a lot of really different elements than the other games in the series which made it extremely difficult. I found boxm@s and SP extremely easy to do well on your first produce.

The only two times I got an accident was in the forced festival with Jupiter and one time in S4U for no apparent reason.
It makes watching lives more enjoyable, but still, it doesn't feel the same as seeing your first accident free show.

Yeah, I can really see that, but at least there's things that make the game easier like how the morning greetings aren't randomized anymore. And how the lessons are fairly easy to accomplish.
--Under Construction---

LadyMaria

• Greenhorn
  • ~I Want..~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 25, 2011, 09:53:29 pm »
The Christmas outfits are cute...but I can't help but notice they look really similar to Chihaya's cute and girly from the first game ^^; I'm loving the white with the red trim though, super adorable.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #1001 on: November 25, 2011, 10:43:22 pm »
Well at least they're different from the ones from L4U and not just cheap reprints.

Reosaur

• View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #1002 on: November 26, 2011, 12:18:24 am »
Grats.

The only Idolmaster I played prior to this would be SP so would you be referring to the money and the cd sales and stuff that make Idolmaster 2 more challenging? I only had the chance to play about 5 weeks in 2 so far so I guess I haven't been able to feel any pressure yet. As for the accidents, that's kinda cool, I never knew they took them out.

Reosaur

• View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #1003 on: November 26, 2011, 12:21:56 am »
@Reosaur: Have fun playing the game! I'm still stuck with schoolwork and other games, so I haven't had time to play it.  :'( Watching my brother and helping him play through it is fun in itself, though.

Thanks! I do have other games to play as well... But I couldn't resist popping in Im@s 2. >XD I kind of envy how some of you have other people to watch, it sounds like a lot of fun being able to just look and comment at their progress.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #1004 on: November 26, 2011, 03:01:59 am »
FINALLY!

I printed the commu guide. This is so helpful ;~; ~~