Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolm@ster 2 on PS3  (Read 284811 times)

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Idolm@ster 2 on PS3
« Reply #975 on: November 23, 2011, 06:06:28 am »
I haven't gotten the game yet but I was planning on having Yukiho as my leader on the first playthrough but since I want to go for the true ending with Yukiho I decided to pick someone else as the leader for my first playthrough. Mainly because most people I see playing im@s 2 don't get a very good end on their first playthrough.

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: November 23, 2011, 06:18:54 am »
Wow, the Ryuuguu Komachi extra episode is HARD.

I barely won their first performance, but I just cannot win their second. What makes it worse is that each time I lose I have to reload that week and watch all that story text again. There's a lot of it. >.>

Anyone have any tips?

On the other hand, since your gear/stats are constant in the extra episode, you won't fall behind others.  The middle match is a weird one, and I keep forgetting how I manage to pass it.  (Since I lost my data, I'm gonna have to do it 4 more times. -_-)  You've got 3 memory appeals to work with.  You're either going to get far enough in front of the opponent so that they won't counterappeal your bar, or provoke them into using up all their appeals early and then trying to control the rest of the match.

If I don't succeed right away, I try shifting the time when I start using the appeals- "early", "middle", or "late" match.

nyachan

• Resident Photoshop Monkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #977 on: November 23, 2011, 06:29:31 am »
I haven't gotten the game yet but I was planning on having Yukiho as my leader on the first playthrough but since I want to go for the true ending with Yukiho I decided to pick someone else as the leader for my first playthrough. Mainly because most people I see playing im@s 2 don't get a very good end on their first playthrough.
Of course it's damn near impossible to get better than maybe a normal and at best a good ending on your first run. You don't have the money or the equips to handle much higher than that. The normal ending I've gotten (Miki's) was fairly okay from what I could understand so! Always realize you can go back for her true end too, so there's always that if you want to do your first run with her.

also, these tips for the RK episode are nice since I'm gonna start it in a few minutes haha

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: November 23, 2011, 06:32:03 am »
Thank you TheTanStar and JNiles. I appreciate the tips!

I managed to beat the second performance (finally), but  only by 40 points! Phew!

Funnily enough, I thrashed Jupiter by nearly 5,000 in the 3rd performance. Go figure.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 23, 2011, 07:32:21 am »
Extra mode is extremely easy imo seeing as how you just need to apply the usual Fes strategies and seeing as how you have more mem appeals than people normally have in their regular playthroughs you can easilly counter the AI's mem appeals.
Iirc the AI has the same amount of memories as you.

Also unless you spare a mem appeal before you decide to burst, for w1 its best to burst with Mami, w2 Azusa, 3 Iori iirc.
Same reason as with dual appealing; lowest stat> highest multiplier.
All RK idols have a 5/3/2 burst, Mami for Da, Azusa for Vi and Iori for Vo.

Just imagine playing with dual appeal but start out a bit with tertiary or even out the scores at the start and build up tertiary multiplier and counter a mem appeal with one of your own.

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 23, 2011, 08:08:15 am »
I still don't really understand some of the burst and memory appeal stuff.

I know using a memory appeal increases your voltage and using burst or memory will deplete your opponents gauge in a Festival. I always just thought the ability to switch between idols for appeal with L1 was just for aesthetics. I didn't realise their stats came into it.

On that note, in the general story mode, when is the best time to use memory appeals in non-festival situations?

Edit: Actually, I had another question before I start my next playthrough... is there a maximum level for your idol unit? In my first game my level went up after lessons at a pretty rapid rate until I hit lv. 16. After that, I did a bunch of lessons (for small stat increases), but never went up another level.

Oh, and what's a 'Keep'? I'd heard it's choosing not to do an encore, but I don't quite understand how that benefits you.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:17:20 am by DereDereAngel »

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: November 23, 2011, 04:32:59 pm »
I didn't realise their stats came into it.
It's more about the type of burst they have, though it doesnt matter too much for extra seeing as how you have rediculously high stats.

On that note, in the general story mode, when is the best time to use memory appeals in non-festival situations?
Assuming one plays with dual appeal and/or don't have an absurd amount of memories, there isn't. You're just weakening your chain and multipliers.
Assuming one plays for score or normally: Before bursting and/ or after a burst depending on if you can use the multiplier.

Edit: Actually, I had another question before I start my next playthrough... is there a maximum level for your idol unit? In my first game my level went up after lessons at a pretty rapid rate until I hit lv. 16. After that, I did a bunch of lessons (for small stat increases), but never went up another level.
16, though you can continue training untill everything reaches the 60'ish% cap for all 3 stats.

Oh, and what's a 'Keep'? I'd heard it's choosing not to do an encore, but I don't quite understand how that benefits you.
http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1136.0.html

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 23, 2011, 10:12:29 pm »
Thanks!

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 23, 2011, 11:14:04 pm »
So, what's with the double/triple appeals? I know they're associated with memory appeals, but what purpose do they serve?

And I'm not quite sure on what a Keep, Break, and Revival are used for. From what I've read, a Keep has something to do with lives and fans, and a Break and Revival have something to do with the current song your unit is singing.
--Under Construction---

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 23, 2011, 11:30:57 pm »
So, what's with the double/triple appeals? I know they're associated with memory appeals, but what purpose do they serve?
You gain more voltage and drain more of the opponent's bar than doing multiple individual ones. Outside Fes's it'd be pointless most of the time.

And I'm not quite sure on what a Keep, Break, and Revival are used for. From what I've read, a Keep has something to do with lives and fans, and a Break and Revival have something to do with the current song your unit is singing.
In a nutshell any of the special conditions will increase your sales by a significant amount. Conditions for and the effects have been explained a lot of times in the gameplay thread already so search around. Also, the PS3 version's manual has a much better explanation of those than the 360 one so it shouldn't be too hard to find out either.

Corinth

• Greenhorn
  • Currently Producing Miki, Makoto, Yukiho
    • View Profile
    • Bilingual Gamer
« Reply #985 on: November 24, 2011, 01:37:18 am »
Now on group 3:

Unit name: Sleepytime   (my groups are named after teas...)
Leader: Miki
Support: Makoto and Yukiho

Now, Miki is one of my favorite characters but man.... some of the stuff she says!

During the morning meeting time, I asked her if anything had changed and she implied that the other two girls had gotten fatter.  Oh Miki, you are so cruel!  Another time, she replied that she was sick and tired of being with the other girls in the unit.  This is just during regular morning meeting time with no bad unit statuses or anything. 

This is my third unit in a row with Yukiho.  To be honest, I always found her quite annoying before.  However, as I play IM@S 2, I'm really starting to like her attitude a lot!  Sure, she has her wimpy side, but when you put your foot down, she gets up her courage and takes charge.  I never expected to grow to like her so much. 

Rihsa

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 24, 2011, 07:09:25 am »
Pardon me if I missed it, but did anyone else post this? http://imas.ath.cx/~imas/cgi-bin/src/imas92528.jpg

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 24, 2011, 07:53:20 am »
Finally! Actual info on the DLC! (And by actual, I mean proven. XP)

I'm a bit worried with that picture of the new Extend on Mami, Miki, and Yayoi, 'cause Miki and Mami have the same one on. I was hoping for something more like in L4U!, where the dress was unique to each girl.

Meanwhile, the new Floral and Luxury look absolutely AMAZING. <3

DereDereAngel

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 24, 2011, 12:50:53 pm »
Oh, I forget to mention this the other day:

Ami's legs

I am not a 'leg-person', but she looks stunning in the outfit Ryuuguu Komachi wear for Nanairo Button in the extra episode. Iori is my favourite character, but my eyes kept wandering back to Ami's pink stockings. I prefer Mami though, so once I unlock that costume I will be putting it on her in S4U.

That probably just sounds super creepy, but I had to express my feelings on the matter!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:57:29 pm by DereDereAngel »

iWant

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 24, 2011, 03:22:59 pm »
Pardon me if I missed it, but did anyone else post this? http://imas.ath.cx/~imas/cgi-bin/src/imas92528.jpg

I expected Kamisama no Birthday to come out, since Christmas is near, but not Jibun Rest@rt. Can't wait.