Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolm@ster 2 on PS3  (Read 276264 times)

ProjectAria

• Do your work or else!
    • View Profile
Re: Idolm@ster 2 on PS3
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2011, 04:40:16 pm »

Hitsuji-chan

• Amagase Touma & Jupiter Fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2011, 05:31:17 pm »
And what is about other sites like Play-Asia or Yesasia?

currently (re-)playing: Haruka naru Toki no Naka de 5 (PSP), Jyuuza Engi (PSP)

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2011, 05:53:42 pm »
Why, you like paying more money for the same thing?

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2011, 06:16:16 pm »
On play asia the regualr edition is $89.90 US ($86.16 CAD, woot) limited edition isn't priced yet. On amiami limited edition is about $280 US.

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2011, 06:21:48 pm »
Official site. Not much on it now.

http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs/list/idolmaster/im2/ps3/
Ritsuko doesn't look too happy about this.

But I have to say...finally, moar new art! \o/ I want the absurdres version of that to go with the iM@S anime "wallpaper" and the iM@S2 wallpaper Raestloz made~

Since TweenDoriru said something about it being possible to region lock PS3 games I decided to do some checking and found this.

http://www.ps3hax.net/2010/10/sony-to-region-lock-future-games-via-3-50-sdk/

My expectations have sunk. Since this is Namco Bandai I will not be surprised if they use this.
That would be the article I read. I found the link on the forum originally, but I have no idea where so I didn't reference it in my post. However, if NBGI isn't using it, iM@S does indeed have great hope :> Don't let us down, NBGI.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2011, 06:29:58 pm »
Ritsuko doesn't look too happy about this.

But I have to say...finally, moar new art! \o/ I want the absurdres version of that to go with the iM@S anime "wallpaper" and the iM@S2 wallpaper Raestloz made~
That would be the article I read. I found the link on the forum originally, but I have no idea where so I didn't reference it in my post. However, if NBGI isn't using it, iM@S does indeed have great hope :> Don't let us down, NBGI.

The only problem is that NBGI pretty much stated that im@s wasn't considered an export title.

Or more accurately, no intention of translating, strictly internal to Japan only. There were a few notices, but one was a reply via twitter (I think) concerning im@s's export. One of the reasons they went to the X360 in the first place as the fact they could shut in the game (And did so quite successfully) to just Japan as a whole. They did so intitially because of brand recognition issues. (You know, underage girls, the ability to do what's seen as inappropiate... you get the idea.)

(Yes, you can always get the hardware and the game out of the country, but that's considerable expense, and is consequently not done often.)

I guess I've done gaming journalism for too long, (And other journalism besides) because I see the possiblity of them shutting it out to anyone not in their core regions (Asia) and I do know about the quiet implementations. Essentially at the moment there's two layers of region coding available, neither which are enforced yet.

You also got to keep in mind that the SDK for 3.5 wasn't rolled out all that long ago - if we were to see any implementations.

Of course, big if, and I've not seen anything to suggest that they definitely have, but I don't think I've been asking hard enough yet. I do however know they would have definitely considered it in their meetings though, so I'm not going to jump up in the air and do a happy dance just yet either.

The timing and the logistics are worrying me A LOT, due to timings (And I've already scored 1 for 1, which isn't making me feel much better)  I'm trying what time I have to confirm if it's all just coincidence or not.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2011, 07:19:54 pm »

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2011, 08:00:29 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZbO9FhwFF8
That was actually a pretty scary commercial...nice to see clips of READY!!, but not enough to overwrite that voice orz

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2011, 08:08:59 pm »
>Watchs the comercial
The fuck was that 8I

Evila

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2011, 08:30:45 pm »
The only problem is that NBGI pretty much stated that im@s wasn't considered an export title.

Or more accurately, no intention of translating, strictly internal to Japan only. There were a few notices, but one was a reply via twitter (I think) concerning im@s's export. One of the reasons they went to the X360 in the first place as the fact they could shut in the game (And did so quite successfully) to just Japan as a whole. They did so intitially because of brand recognition issues. (You know, underage girls, the ability to do what's seen as inappropiate... you get the idea.)
Well, all that considered, seems odd for them to suddenly give permission to Crunchyroll to stream the TV series in North and South America just now, doesn't it?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-724630/new-summer-titles-morita-san-wa-mukuchi-and-the-idol-mster

I know this link is probably better off in the anime topic, but figured it was relevant here too. I'm sure that even now they'll never have plans to translate the game into English or any other language (and that is totally okay with me) but they might as well be happy to take importer money, as anyone who watches the official English simulcast of the anime may end up being tempted to try the game too.

So yeah, after seeing that, I'm really doubtful we'll have to worry about a region lock here. Especially on a console well known for being region free.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2011, 08:42:02 pm »
BT2 confuzzled why the game still uses 360 colored choiceboxes; blue, yellow and red, whereas vocal lesson and everything else uses playstation buttons and their associated colors.
Also, hurray for killing Da/Vi/Vo button line-up. Now I'd need to pick up a 360 controller to remind myself which appeal primary works with which burst.

Though I guess it's still better than the remapping they did in SP.

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2011, 10:59:48 pm »
BT2 confuzzled why the game still uses 360 colored choiceboxes; blue, yellow and red, whereas vocal lesson and everything else uses playstation buttons and their associated colors.
Because it has to do with the stats, not the Xbox. Blue=Dance, Vocal=Red, Visual=yellow. It's kind of a thing, I dougt they would change it.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2011, 11:29:26 pm »
You mean... It could possibly be region locked?

*cries*

I understand that it could have a bad rep for having underage girls in it, but the only people who would be willing to import it would be FANS. By region locking, they're locking out buyers. Money, Namco, money? Don't you want money?

Rihsa

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2011, 11:48:57 pm »
We also mean it has a good chance of NOT being region locked.

Ghift

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2011, 02:03:25 am »
I understand it's fairly unlikely that it will be region locked, but it only takes one game to start a trend.