Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolm@ster 2 on PS3  (Read 282694 times)

Ghift

• View Profile
Re: Idolm@ster 2 on PS3
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2011, 10:17:30 pm »
So this might just be wishful thinking on my part, but in the full PS3 commercial about 40 seconds into the video does that dance in the bottom left corner of the screen before Iori does her rival burst look like the Overmaster dance arranged for 3 idols?

The dance is familiar but I can't place it. I think it might just be a currently-in-game song.

Kovu

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2011, 10:28:33 pm »
I thought that it looked familiar as well, so I've been watching all the dances trying to spot that particular move. No luck as of yet on placing the dance. I'm going to feel really stupid if it ends up being a dance that's already in the game.

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2011, 10:37:04 pm »
The dance is familiar but I can't place it. I think it might just be a currently-in-game song.
I don't recognize that dance at all (it isn't Overmaster unless they changed parts of the coreography for trios like they did LOBM). I'm not thinking into the DS category because what are the odds of those songs showing up anywhere but it could just be a new song...either way, hooray, something new.

I really wonder how DLC is going to work from here on out...it'll be really cost-inefficient to own both versions of the game. While I doubt Xbox360 DLC will drop in prices any because of this (unfortunately), if they charge 1200MSP for READY!! I will personally swim to Japan and smack the NBGI CEO in the head.

Katsuyuki-P

• Ufufu...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2011, 12:10:06 am »
Hmm, speaking of, who wants to bet that READY will be the DLC for this month?

As for the dance, I don't recognize it. Or maybe it's a song I don't use as much.
Days! Just a few days away!

Ufufufu...

Ghift

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2011, 12:19:26 am »
Hmm, speaking of, who wants to bet that READY will be the DLC for this month?

As for the dance, I don't recognize it. Or maybe it's a song I don't use as much.

It might be the month after/couple of months to try and keep it mildly exclusive or something.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2011, 02:59:19 am »
You know, the most disturbing thought occurred to me the other day.

Really, how long does it take to port a game? I've wondered this since I was a kid, and the answer then? ... About a year.

Well, times have changed a bit since then, but I still kinda wonder how long it takes, programmatically speaking, to port a game. I remember Bayonetta had some problems with this, and I can't remember how long that delayed things... but if I were to guess at the amount of time required to port a game given no previous effort to do so, six months seems rushed. Eight months, maybe at the minimum. But I think I'd be comfortable with ten at least. I mean, I'm no insider by any means, so I don't know for sure, but still...

Eight months since release, and we're getting a port. How many of those months will be spent developing the PS3 version? Did they set aside the full eight months to complete it?

... Did they set aside more?

I mean, even the release date is set in stone. To compare, 7th Dragon 2020 is slated for a Fall release but they haven't set a date for it. Namco's hitting the same season, but what makes them so confident they'll make it by this date?

Something about me wants me to say that maybe, just maybe... a PS3 port was always part of the plan.

Well, it's just a thought that occurred to me, and I know I have nothing to back up my guesses, but still...

No, you are quite correct - even the fastest porting is usually 9.

Then again I've been busy (and sitting on, for legal reasons) a fair bit of information. As I said earlier, the date they picked was VERY, VERY specific. They don't like being sued for breech of contract either.

I still expect the knives to come out either way.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2011, 03:32:53 am »
Session Start: Mon Jan 10 00:00:00 2011
Session Ident: #Idolmaster
[22:11] <~AmamiHaruka> http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-326.html
[22:19] <~AmamiHaruka> this pv is a troll
[22:20] <~AmamiHaruka> the anime will have miki and stocking cartoon network artstyle
[22:30] <~AmamiHaruka> ANN says Aniplex, which is still good.
[22:31] <%BT2> aniplex
[22:31] <%BT2> wasnt that a company under sony?
[22:31] <ScottyT14> iM@S 2 PS3 port confirmed then.
[22:32] <%BT2> :|
[22:32] <~AmamiHaruka> Aniplex Inc. (株式会社アニプレックス Kabushiki Gaisha Anipurekkusu?), formerly known as Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) Visual Works Inc. and Sony Music Entertainment (SME) Visual Works Inc., is a Japanese anime and music production and distribution enterprise owned by Sony Music Entertainment Japan and established in January 1997.
[22:33] <~AmamiHaruka> X360 is already dead in japan then
[22:35] <~AmamiHaruka> <DeadHouseParty> aniplex isn't an animation company
[22:35] <~AmamiHaruka> <DeadHouseParty> animplex is like bandai
[22:35] <~AmamiHaruka> <DeadHouseParty> they're producers
[22:35] <~AmamiHaruka> gainax still in the game then?
[22:39] <ScottyT14> Shut up and take my money!
And on 1/27 we learned from hamuzou961 that A-1'd animate the thing in the anime topic.

Session Start: Sun Jul 24 00:00:00 2011
Session Ident: #Idolmaster
[03:16] <BT2> so liek
[03:17] <BT2> NBGI announced the anime before iM@S2 got released on the 360.
[03:17] <BT2> iM@S anime is animated by A-1.
[03:17] <BT2> A-1 is a subsidiary of Aniplex.
[03:17] <BT2> Aniplex is owned by Sony.
[03:17] <BT2> Sony has a console called the PS3.
[03:18] <BT2> Anime aired on tv.
[03:18] <BT2> PS3 game announcement a bit after the anime first aired.
[03:18] <BT2> Anime and PS3 rage/hype 'cheaply' promotes eachother.
[03:18] <BT2> The PS3LE comes with BD vol 1 of the anime.
[03:18] <BT2> So suspicious
[03:18] <[1]Kyo> :|
[03:18] <BT2> NBGI intended to betray MS from the start, or during production of the 360 game, in favor of Sony.
[03:18] <Magenta> it's not suspicious in the slightest
[03:18] <Magenta> nbgi always does this
[03:18] <Magenta> i dunno if you follow the tales series
[03:19] <BT2> i know
[03:19] <[1]Kyo> gg bumco
[03:19] <Magenta> but both vesperia and graces had releases on other consoles before going to ps3
[03:19] <Magenta> both were planned from the start
[03:19] <Magenta> vesperia literally even had hooks that basically said "there's meant to be content here, but we're saving that for the next version :D"
[03:19] <BT2> steal MS's money by being an exclusive first
[03:19] <BT2> sasuga bumco

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2011, 05:04:33 am »
Do you think it will work on the PS3 for the US?
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

nyachan

• Resident Photoshop Monkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2011, 05:12:19 am »
as we've said quite a few times in this thread, it SHOULD.
unless namco decides to be a bunch of jerks and region lock it for silly reasons or something.

Saturos

• Producer
  • Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2011, 07:41:36 am »

*looks at avatar*

ಠ_ಠ
MAKO MAKO RIIIIIIIIIN!!

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2011, 08:35:39 pm »
*looks at avatar*

ಠ_ಠ

LOL I'M SORRY!! Don't hurt me!!! DX

XD I'll change it if you would like.
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

Saturos

• Producer
  • Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2011, 11:45:05 pm »
LOL I'M SORRY!! Don't hurt me!!! DX

XD I'll change it if you would like.

Lol it's ok. It's no big deal.
MAKO MAKO RIIIIIIIIIN!!

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2011, 12:26:45 am »
Disturbing thought number 2. From CEDEC 2010 (31 August - 2 September).

7:50 - Clockwise, from top left: new shader, post-processing, self-shadowing, five idols, 4x multi-sampling anti-aliasing, 60 fps. The caption: To reduce increasing load, all these systems must be redone... and he adds the fact that they scrapped them completely. As an aside, the details will not be in next month's Gemaga, even if they say they're revealing secrets.

9:00 - Pretty much everything changed. I think he says they stopped using the middleware they were using, and data formats for models and such changed around. Some people are saying this is why the game isn't coming out on the PS3, which I think is... not entirely right.

Maezawa: "We couldn't call this Idolmaster 2 if we didn't remake the everything from the ground up!"
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11972169 (~9:20)

All those comments that said the complete system overhaul was why the game couldn't be ported to the PS3? ... I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it could be the exact reason it could be ported instead...

Also, some comments around Nico point to the official page's artwork.
http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs/list/idolmaster/im2/ps3/

They say there's some very suspicious screen real estate not being used right smack dab center of the pic. Nobody's in the center - Ami and Mami are to either side of the center line, and so are Iori and Haruka. It's like you could stick a face right under Haruka's arm...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:42:16 am by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

JohnNiles

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2011, 12:45:56 am »

They say there's some very suspicious screen real estate not being used right smack dab center of the pic. Nobody's in the center - Ami and Mami are to either side of the center line, and so are Iori and Haruka. It's like you could stick a face right under Haruka's arm...

Whoa, you're right!  You could stick an idol in there... a small one, at least.  Can't wait to see what kind of speculatory images Nico will come up with.

Ghift

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2011, 01:01:54 am »

I...can't unsee it and now it looks really odd. I think it might just be funky/not thought out artwork or something and people are thinking too much into things.