Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolm@ster 2 on PS3  (Read 336923 times)

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
Re: Idolm@ster 2 on PS3
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 07:39:51 am »
I love being right. All the time.

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 07:40:19 am »
I hope you all still remember this is still just a leaked rumor. Won't know officially until the actual magazine comes out.

Cien Laguoire

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 07:57:46 am »
If this turns out being legit, I'm definitely down with importing a copy! ;D

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 10:30:15 am »
I've been busy (Between study and, well lots of asking around) and there's been a few developments which have been worrying me a little bit.

Granted, ironically, this event doesn't REALLY shift my focus on the project that got stalled (CCNA might ring a bell for those that study computing) although I'm REALLY hoping to get my stuff in order for next week.

Yes, I acquired yet another piece of equipment, which in turn means I'm as prepared as I can get if I have to do a partial platform switch.

From the people I asked, the leaks weren't commented about but I did get told a few things that concern me a lot. Part of the reason for the focus was actually due to some of the developments happening with the 360 version. Namco Bandai weren't too happy with some of that. I don't think that's the entire reason, but the fact it came up in a conversation I had by them flagged something.

However, I understand MS's little upset has to do with the eventual release date of the game, although they can't do anything about it. (Yes, the date is VERY, VERY specific. In fact, it's the earliest they can do so contractually). Apparently they're sort of doing some interesting dancing around in regards to the date.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

JohnNiles

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 01:53:50 pm »
Looks like I'll finally be joining the console edition IM@S brigade.  I'm a little nervous though- I don't really like the strategy parts of the games.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 02:59:44 pm »
Bumco'd better add at least 2 of these

* Line editor for songs
* New vocal track for (M)Ami
* Actual L4U'ish, stat-unbound, mini game
* More after commus, after week 20, and other stuff so that your 2nd and 3rd member feel more active instead of being a slightly better iM@S1 mime
* More lessons, though I'm sure nobody'd bother with new lessons neways
* Randomly bumping into one of your rival 765 members during lessons, just like in DS and get an increased stat raise. It'll make one feel the unity between fellow 765pro idols
* Tweaking how the amount of fans affect sales early on in game or just increase the amount of sales the top 20 have.
* Actual lipsynch outside songs, wakawakawaka
* 13 idol songs, THE iDOLM@STER or Ready!!, WaO plx
* More commus for an idol
* Story free, free produce mode, spare me with the jupiter, ryuugu komachi and i cant do it emo nonsense
* Losing in a FES still giving half the rewards, that's just silly. Though I understand the reasoning; Forced losing in FES's. Getting tons of money for doing nothing in Vesperia is just stupid.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:51:30 pm by BT2 »

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 04:28:12 pm »

Well, you got your wish.. sort of.

I don't think anyone will agree that iM@S2 is better than iM@S1, it's just not the same.

A PS3 port and all they add is difficulty levels and attach DLC? There's so many things they could have done to improve this game. Like removing mandatory rigged events, balancing amulets, removing rubber banding AI and so on.

I'm not buying it again since there's way too much wrong with the game, but it's still nice that some people will finally get to play. I still can't help but think Namco are getting desperate, and with so much DLC coming to the PS3 version, I wouldn't be surprised if the 360 users who actually bought the DLC were put off by the news. I think this is what they call, "selling yourself short".

But.. I think anyone buying DLC for iM@S2 is deluded. I bought 90% of L4U's DLC. What the fuck for? There's no reason to cry/gloat over a half-assed 8 month late full priced port of a game that wasn't that great to begin with.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:32:50 pm by Elixir »

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 04:48:01 pm »
Bumco'd better add at least 2 of these

* Line editor for songs
* New vocal track for (M)Ami
* Actual L4U'ish, stat-unbound, mini game
* More after commus, after week 20, and other stuff so that your 2nd and 3rd member feel more active instead of being a slightly better iM@S1 mime
* More lessons, though I'm sure nobody'd bother with new lessons neways
* Randomly bumping into one of your rival 765 members during lessons, just like in DS and get an increased stat raise. It'll make one feel the unity between fellow 765pro idols
* Tweaking how the amount of fans affect sales early on in game or just increase the amount of sales the top 20 have.
* Actual lipsynch outside songs, wakawakawaka
* 13 idol songs, THE iDOLM@STER or Ready!!, WaO plx
* More commus for an idol
* Story free, free produce mode, spare me with the jupiter, ryuugu komachi and i cant do it emo nonsense
Seconded (sans the money for losing, I'm no game master and like getting 40,000 money for losing Vesperia :3c)

To be honest, I'm rather surprised that the PS3 release is happening so SOON. Didn't GamiP say he wanted to keep it 360-only?

Nonetheless, it's pretty cool. I just hope that the article (posted here, some time ago, I think) I read that said they found a way to region-lock PS3 discs doesn't come into play, here.

If they add better PV-customizability like the original and L4U had, this would be a must-buy. But, since there's not any DLC that's been released so far that I'm simply -dying- to own, the tacked-on DLC isn't so much of a bribery factor. Neither is Gravure4U.

I don't think anyone will agree that iM@S2 is better than iM@S1, it's just not the same.
I agree with that. Even when I look at it from a (nitpicky) non-storyline standpoint; the lipsynch cuts out early in some songs (you've seen it), in "my song" duos, one of the characters lipsynchs when she isn't even singing, and the voice glitch with Smoky Thrill is just terrible, to me XD "Minor", but definitely audible.

I miss the liberty of the first game's storyline, too...Takagi isn't popping in being like "you wanted to do a promotion today? Too bad, gotta go fight Jupiter", taking up a bunch of time with storyline cutscenes you've seen in every game, and still can't skip...

I love the new graphics, stages, and songs, though...and the Dance lessons. Those are good :D Not to mention the money/store idea for unlocking the ingame costumes is better than iM@S1's system (in which my idols are always in good tension, so I almost never get new stuff XD)

Hitsuji-chan

• Amagase Touma & Jupiter Fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 05:34:49 pm »
I hope so much that this rumor is true!! T_T Then I'm going to import it (and then I try to make a JP PSN Account on my PS3 for future DLC! :D)

currently (re-)playing: Haruka naru Toki no Naka de 5 (PSP), Jyuuza Engi (PSP)

Sanger _somvold

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • otakuv2.exteen.com
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 05:36:59 pm »
Now, famitsu confirm 'the idolm@ster Special Box' for PS3
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/21047052.html

MissDeidara

• Afuu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 06:24:28 pm »
It seems too beautiful to be true...And yet, it is!
I already can't wait until October 27th. I'm gonna finally enjoy the game on my own <3
There's no need to buy a japanese ps3 or anything like that, right?

While being a fangirl of Touma, MissDeidara really enjoys beating this latter in Fes.

Rihsa

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 06:29:07 pm »
Nope, unless what TweenDoriru said comes true, you can use an America PS3 to play it.

Man, EVERY GAME I want is coming out this fall. :c Although October 27th for Idolm@ster isn't that far away in comparison to when every other game's release date was announced.

Hitsuji-chan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 06:56:55 pm »
Let it be region free!! T___T

Ch@osM@ster

• Apprentice
  • Writer, Gamer, hyper....o wait that's not a hobby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 07:12:03 pm »
We still can't produce the four missing girls?

Not getting. >.>

Well...I can't get it anyway...I don't have a PS3 DX
Hi I'm back its been years LOL

Hitsuji-chan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 07:24:23 pm »
We still can't produce the four missing girls?

Not getting. >.>

Well...I can't get it anyway...I don't have a PS3 DX

That's really a shame ;_; They could do at least an "After Story" or like that, where you can produce the four missing girls... or three, if Ritsuko doesn't want to be an Idol anymore DX *shot*