Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolm@ster 2 on PS3  (Read 275460 times)

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
Re: Idolm@ster 2 on PS3
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2011, 01:28:08 am »

Also, some comments around Nico point to the official page's artwork.
http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs/list/idolmaster/im2/ps3/

They say there's some very suspicious screen real estate not being used right smack dab center of the pic. Nobody's in the center - Ami and Mami are to either side of the center line, and so are Iori and Haruka. It's like you could stick a face right under Haruka's arm...

It does seem kind of strange to have a space like that there, but I think people are just putting too much thought into things. Mere speculation.

...Unless Bamco decides to throw something unexpected into our faces in the PS3 version, like an additional scene at the end foreshadowing a new idol joining 765pro. Just an idea.

Benpc91

• View Profile
    • IMMWS
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2011, 02:44:50 am »
I'm now getting a Vesperia Patty vibe from that now...

The iDOLM@STER MAD World Service
The Gentlemen's Guide to THE iDOLM@STER

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2011, 03:28:14 am »
I dunno. I think they just wanted some symetry, well the most you can get with an odd number of Idols. Okay, Symetry may not be the word I'm looking for, but I'm not sure what a term to use would be...

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2011, 03:56:54 am »
Also, some comments around Nico point to the official page's artwork.
http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs/list/idolmaster/im2/ps3/

They say there's some very suspicious screen real estate not being used right smack dab center of the pic. Nobody's in the center - Ami and Mami are to either side of the center line, and so are Iori and Haruka. It's like you could stick a face right under Haruka's arm...
Now, this...I would normally be like "squeee! a new PS3 idollll!!" and be kinda excited but my only issue with that related to this artwork is, well...to make a new character in a franchise, and make them worth the effort of making a new character, you need to put them in a very main / noticeable position. (i.e. how Miki is the "second main" character, Takane and Hibiki were introduced along with a whole new rival company/system/whatever, very flashy and hard to 'ignore', per se...actually, that's 961 for you in a nutshell)

The more I stare at it, the more I do see -just- enough space for an idol there but it seems like no matter how I think of it, unless she's pretty small she'd block out part of Haruka or Iori or maybe if she's big she'll block out both! Even then, there's not much space for her on the box, unless they put her on the side with Makoto, Yukiho, etc. etc. or redesign the whole box anyway since it probably isn't a final design...

...of course, they could've put the idols in off-center circles because the new game is all about Danketsu, too. Depending on what they did with her, a new idol could be fun, though~ I wonder what she'd be like.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:01:15 am by TweenDoriru »

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2011, 05:02:26 am »
Interesting thought, although I suppose wouldn't they have just put a silhouette there?  If they were to have a new character anyways.

I think the pillow is just being used as negative space to highlight Haruka in that image, to remind people that she's the flagship idol.  Since she has a pillow on both sides of her, your eyes are drawn to where she is in the image amongst all the idols.
MCDONALDS x YAYOI FANFIC PLZ

DJStarstryker

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2011, 05:46:40 am »
If there really was another character, wouldn't they already be talking about it? You know, sort of the benefits as to why to buy the PS3 version on top of the ones they've already announced? There's also the fact that there's 13 girls in that picture. That's an odd number and there isn't really a way to create perfect symmetry. I don't think that space in the middle is that large either.

Of course, we ARE talking about Bandai Namco so you never know, but I'm skeptical until I hear otherwise.
GIZA!

Rihsa

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2011, 05:51:37 am »
Nope, with the Tales series they announced all the major extras for the PS3 port from the get go. For Vesperia it was Patty and Flynn, two new playable characters, and for Graces f it was extra end game content with new costumes and a playable Richard.

The only way I'd reason a new character if it was DLC, but really, it'd be unrelated to that picture.

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2011, 05:56:03 am »
 As an extra note: If they really add extra characters through DLC, they have quite a few that would need to be added first and/or would sell better than a new one; namely, Kotori, Eri, Ai, Yumeko, Cineria, and maybe Ryo. Sure, the game wasn't as good as the others, but their inclusion in the anime, to a degree, shows that the characters(at least, the main ones of the game) haven't been forgotten.

Also, I'd really want to see the Maou Angel girls as DLC, even if as a rival group a la Project Jupiter, with only one or two songs. Just having Tomomi in the idolmaster 2 graphics would be worth it, no matter the price.

Ch@osM@ster

• Apprentice
  • Writer, Gamer, hyper....o wait that's not a hobby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2011, 06:00:12 am »
As an extra note: If they really add extra characters through DLC, they have quite a few that would need to be added first and/or would sell better than a new one; namely, Kotori, Eri, Ai, Yumeko, Cineria, and maybe Ryo. Sure, the game wasn't as good as the others, but their inclusion in the anime, to a degree, shows that the characters(at least, the main ones of the game) haven't been forgotten.

I would love to see Kotori or 867 productions as DLC idols. <3 Although, it would be cool to create your own idol. But...that's just wishful thinking.
Hi I'm back its been years LOL

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2011, 06:01:39 am »
...wait wait, what did I miss? Were any of those characters besides Kotori in the anime? o_0

If they actually did include 876 characters in some sort of iM@S console game, it would be a definite-buy...I know the DS game itself was a flop but the very idols who introduced to us 2nd Vision have been buried XDD That being said, Ryo might not float as well with the dating-sim-esque-ness of the game. I don't think many male producers would want to have that trap falling over them...but I've been wrong before. :D *shot*

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2011, 06:24:02 am »
 They haven't shown up but, apparently...
according to a leak, Jupiter won't be featured in the anime. Instead we get a lil' bit of 876.

I included Yumeko and Cineria for the sake of politeness/completeness, and that the two seem to be pretty popular despite being bit characters. (I know that Cineria has hacks including her for SP...)
 I sort-of doubt Ryo would be featured, but maybe the DLC will have him included in a few events or something? Maybe running errands for his cousin or something? I don't know. I'd like to see him sing the Jupiter songs, though. XD
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:25:48 am by Neko-P »

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2011, 06:34:14 am »
...wait wait, what did I miss? Were any of those characters besides Kotori in the anime? o_0

If they actually did include 876 characters in some sort of iM@S console game, it would be a definite-buy...I know the DS game itself was a flop but the very idols who introduced to us 2nd Vision have been buried XDD That being said, Ryo might not float as well with the dating-sim-esque-ness of the game. I don't think many male producers would want to have that trap falling over them...but I've been wrong before. :D *shot*
They weren't.
Some people are deluding themselves and assumed there was a cameo of the 876 trio just because a certain article had a balloon with "hello" in it. Just because it says "hello" doesn't make them 876Pro, it's just some random english. That and/ or people don't know how the DS chars look like.
Also, for some reason traps are quite popular in area 11 and there's still the Ryo eternal pierrot bad end..

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:38:33 am by BT2 »

Hitsuji-chan

• Amagase Touma & Jupiter Fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2011, 03:38:27 pm »
Hmm... I want a second outfit for Jupiter in the PS3 Version! X3 Something that suits to Koi wo Hajimeyou.... *shot*

I said nothing!

currently (re-)playing: Haruka naru Toki no Naka de 5 (PSP), Jyuuza Engi (PSP)

Clear Blue

• Producer
  • Omigosh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2011, 04:24:32 pm »
Hmm... I want a second outfit for Jupiter in the PS3 Version! X3 Something that suits to Koi wo Hajimeyou.... *shot*

I said nothing!
(*imagines Jupiter G4U version.*)

Hahaha...Well, I heard that people are now demanding for Jupiter to appear more in the PS3 version. (That also includes many theories of R.K. being able to produce again and additional Jupiter related- *shot*)
"My name's Amagase Touma, A-ma-ga-se To-u-ma, got it?" - Amagase Touma

Hitsuji-chan

• Amagase Touma & Jupiter Fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2011, 04:50:42 pm »
(*imagines Jupiter G4U version.*)

Hahaha...Well, I heard that people are now demanding for Jupiter to appear more in the PS3 version. (That also includes many theories of R.K. being able to produce again and additional Jupiter related- *shot*)

Jupiter in G4U... *imagines it too* Holy shit... *nosebleed + shot*

Oh let's pray for it that Bamco does this! *shot again*

currently (re-)playing: Haruka naru Toki no Naka de 5 (PSP), Jyuuza Engi (PSP)