Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Idolm@ster 2 Guide Book  (Read 3086 times)

~Lyssa~

• Apprentice
  • ★ídσl príncєss★
    • View Profile
The Idolm@ster 2 Guide Book
« on: July 14, 2011, 12:04:13 am »
I just ordered a copy from playasia to go with the game which I'm waiting for in the mail and I was wondering if anyone has the guidebook themselves? I was looking all over for scans or videos of someone showing the contents of the guide book (I'm obsessed with guide books and I like to see the interior - and what info/pictures it contains). And I couldn't find any besides 2 pictures on google. Does anyone have a copy and are willing to maybe film flipping through the book or upload some scans for it? Or even just navigating me to a site with what I'm asking for would be of great help too D:

Thanks in advance!! :)

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
Re: The Idolm@ster 2 Guide Book
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:17:25 am »
Lessee, from the front to the back we have the cover, some stickers, pages with stuff nobody cares bout.
Page 6-68, interviews, photos of the cvs, useless in game images, chart on how characters call eachothers.
69-87 useless game info nobody cares about, seriously it's mostly the basics and useless lists
88-97 blatant ads; images of some figs, cds, the 5th live dvd/bd, animu
Back cover.

Awful as a guide but nice to own if you're more interested in the people behind the game.

~Lyssa~

• Apprentice
  • ★ídσl príncєss★
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 12:23:39 am »
Lessee, from the front to the back we have the cover, some stickers, pages with stuff nobody cares bout.
Page 6-68, interviews, photos of the cvs, useless in game images, chart on how characters call eachothers.
69-87 useless game info nobody cares about, seriously it's mostly the basics and useless lists
88-97 blatant ads; images of some figs, cds, the 5th live dvd/bd, animu
Back cover.

Awful as a guide but nice to own if you're more interested in the people behind the game.

Haha XD Thanks I appreciate the quick reply and you summing it up for me :) I'm sure I'll still enjoy it despite all the "useless" stuff XD something to constantly flip through while I wait for my games I guess.

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 11:51:18 pm »
I don't know if you still want it, but otaku.com has a few pictures of the inside of the book: http://www.otaku.com/products/31430

I personally could buy this book solely for the fact that it has pictures of the costumes & full accessory sets~

~Lyssa~

• Apprentice
  • ★ídσl príncєss★
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 05:40:00 am »
I don't know if you still want it, but otaku.com has a few pictures of the inside of the book: http://www.otaku.com/products/31430

I personally could buy this book solely for the fact that it has pictures of the costumes & full accessory sets~

Oh thank you!!!! I'm still getting it so this helps!!! :D :D :D

Pizzaman

• Will sell pizza to Makoto.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 05:02:03 pm »
Its not a guide book by any means, more or less a fan book.
It's like the "guide" for the first game, but much more watered down.
A professional amateur.

Soth

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • Soth's Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 09:34:51 am »
I did a blog entry about it, taking a few photos of it: http://blog-soth.blogspot.com/2011/07/idolmster-2-official-guide-book.html

Personally I don't think is worth getting, since the only vagely useful thing are the pictures and those are not very good. For me, the best part are the interviews with the cvs, but it's totally useless without Japanese knowledge.

airgeneralpong

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 12:16:29 pm »
I did a blog entry about it, taking a few photos of it: http://blog-soth.blogspot.com/2011/07/idolmster-2-official-guide-book.html

Personally I don't think is worth getting, since the only vagely useful thing are the pictures and those are not very good. For me, the best part are the interviews with the cvs, but it's totally useless without Japanese knowledge.
So it fail as an artbook as well?
Very well. I shall take your advise and let that book be on its way...

~Lyssa~

• Apprentice
  • ★ídσl príncєss★
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 11:48:12 pm »
Thanks for all the replies!! :D I'll definitely wait till I have money to "throw away" before I buy the other ones @_@ though I do like collecting these kinds of things at the same time.. @_@ I'll take a look at your blog though!