Username: Password:

Author Topic: iDOLM@STER in the new generation  (Read 14918 times)

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
iDOLM@STER in the new generation
« on: June 07, 2011, 07:08:38 pm »
What do you think the possibility is of iDOLM@STER making its way on to the new consoles/handhelds announced at E3? (Wii U, PS Vita, Kinect(not announced but they could make compatibility), Nintendo 3DS, etc.)

Saturos

• Producer
  • Ha!
    • View Profile
Re: iDOLM@STER in the new generation
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 08:15:03 am »
What do you think the possibility is of iDOLM@STER making its way on to the new consoles/handhelds announced at E3? (Wii U, PS Vita, Kinect(not announced but they could make compatibility), Nintendo 3DS, etc.)

it sure as hell aint going to the wii.
MAKO MAKO RIIIIIIIIIN!!

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:20:37 pm »

Possible. The new-gen systems has something to offer that can tempt developers to take it to their advantage. Namco could use the edge, and seeing as time is one thing on everyone's side, I won't be surprised if they took the chance.

That said, I wanna actually see iM@S for the Wii U. I can already see the controller acting like a clipboard/binder one usually carry around in the office and input all commands from there. XD

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 05:48:39 pm »
Possible. The new-gen systems has something to offer that can tempt developers to take it to their advantage. Namco could use the edge, and seeing as time is one thing on everyone's side, I won't be surprised if they took the chance.

That said, I wanna actually see iM@S for the Wii U. I can already see the controller acting like a clipboard/binder one usually carry around in the office and input all commands from there. XD

I was thinking it could be like the arcade version because of the touch screen, but yeah I think that's actually a cool idea.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 07:23:53 pm »
SP2 on PSV.

Anything else would make my head hurt.

Benpc91

• View Profile
    • IMMWS
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 12:03:20 am »
SP2 on PSV.

Anything else would make my head hurt.
Seconded.  Though, they better not split it in 3 again.

The iDOLM@STER MAD World Service
The Gentlemen's Guide to THE iDOLM@STER

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 12:57:36 am »
I'm hoping for the PSV because it would be easier to import with it being region free.  Plus with the 2-4gb flash cards they could shove a game on there without having to split it up 3 times like with SP.  I can't see it being on the Wii U since that's coming out 2012, and most likely if they were to develop a title for it, we wouldn't see something until 2013 I bet...I would hope they steer clear of 3DS, due to lackluster sales and interest, but then I read articles like this-
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/35128/E3_Namco_Bandai_Says_Keep_3DS_Faith.php
I would be sad if they had something planned Im@s related for it =/

The PSV if I remember correctly was shown about in it's development stages, I wouldn't be surprised if Namco saw it and is already developing an Im@s title for it.  Especially with the touchscreen aspect, which could be integrated nicely into the game since it harks back to it's arcade roots.  With the PSV coming out later this year, it would make sense to see a title released next year for it, if they keep to releasing an Im@s title each year (which they seem to be doing).

So my guess is...
-A PSV title next year
-Maybe a Wii U title in 2013 if Im@s isn't dead by then
MCDONALDS x YAYOI FANFIC PLZ

ikuto-sama

• Producer
  • ぜったいトップアイドル♥
    • View Profile
    • Check me out on Tumblr!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 05:54:45 am »
I'm hoping for the PSV because it would be easier to import with it being region free.  Plus with the 2-4gb flash cards they could shove a game on there without having to split it up 3 times like with SP.  I can't see it being on the Wii U since that's coming out 2012, and most likely if they were to develop a title for it, we wouldn't see something until 2013 I bet...I would hope they steer clear of 3DS, due to lackluster sales and interest, but then I read articles like this-
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/35128/E3_Namco_Bandai_Says_Keep_3DS_Faith.php
I would be sad if they had something planned Im@s related for it =/

The PSV if I remember correctly was shown about in it's development stages, I wouldn't be surprised if Namco saw it and is already developing an Im@s title for it.  Especially with the touchscreen aspect, which could be integrated nicely into the game since it harks back to it's arcade roots.  With the PSV coming out later this year, it would make sense to see a title released next year for it, if they keep to releasing an Im@s title each year (which they seem to be doing).

So my guess is...
-A PSV title next year
-Maybe a Wii U title in 2013 if Im@s isn't dead by then

Personally, I would love an iM@S for the 3DS. /hugenintendofangirlatheart The only problem would be that it's not region-free, and the 3DS is already expensive enough. I'd enjoy seeing a 3D iM@S, though, and it would at least show Nintendo can host something more than the lackluster Dearly Stars. Also, Namco is encouraging faith in the 3DS since they will be porting Tales of the Abyss to it, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw another Tales-of game in the future.

The PSV seems more likely though, considering it has the space for game size and because of SP. And since it's region-free, it would be good for everyone  :D

It would be cool to see a Wii U title as well. Considering iM@S's popularity, I don't think it will be "dead" in 2013, and all because the Wii U's release is in 2012 doesn't mean game companies necessarily have to rush in and create games. I suppose they may sell more copies because of the new-system buzz and frenzy, but even a year later it should be fine. iM@S has a pretty niche following, but I don't think it will disappear completely by then. With the larger touch-screen control, it could be used as a board and for commands, which would be really cool.

Or Bamco should just port iM@S 2 to the PS3 already.

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 05:40:13 am »
Or Bamco should just port iM@S 2 to the PS3 already.

That would be a blessing since Sony is so anal about having more content included in a game ported to it.

I should revise my guess...
Looking at how past games got released, I'd assume after 12-15 catalogs there will be a new Im@s game out or in production.  They could port to PS3 and we have a PS3 release next year and moar DLC for a year while something new gets put into production.  Or they do what they did last year and spend a year focusing on the new title.  So maybe we have to wait until 2013 for anything new no matter what...
MCDONALDS x YAYOI FANFIC PLZ

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 09:24:34 pm »
IM@S on the PS3 actually seems highly likely considering the treatment of Tales of games. Also I think Bamco would gain more fans and sales this way, but maybe thats just me.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 01:49:24 am »
IM@S on the PS3 actually seems highly likely considering the treatment of Tales of games. Also I think Bamco would gain more fans and sales this way, but maybe thats just me.

Well they could also directly compete with Project Diva. Which I'm sure they would want to do.

nublet765

• Apprentice
  • Reporting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 07:41:03 am »
Looks like they did eventually go to the PS3.

As to other new generation consoles/hardware, or future titles, I don't care what it's on.
As long as it's not region locked.
Must learn Japanese one of these days ... T_T
Concert Challenge - http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1599.0.html

~Lyssa~

• Apprentice
  • ★ídσl príncєss★
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 05:29:26 pm »
Looks like they did eventually go to the PS3.

As to other new generation consoles/hardware, or future titles, I don't care what it's on.
As long as it's not region locked.

Agreed! The more Im@s games -the better! (Atleast, for me XD) I wouldn't mind seeing all ideas mentioned, and I think the Wii U idea would be pretty cool! :D I just wish they would take the region lock OFF of the 3DS... x3x

Roba-P

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 02:39:36 pm »
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/5970995.html

New game content is coming out in a week

Lets wait and see what it is going to be  :D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:59:38 am by Roba-P »

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 12:11:25 am »
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/5970995.html

New game content is coming out in a week

Kets wait and see what it is going to be  :D

So, is this going to be another game on the cellphone or is this going on a handheld? Seems to me it's going on a cellphone.
--Under Construction---