Username: Password:

Author Topic: An iM@S fanfic by Neko-P  (Read 1700 times)

Neko-P

• Just another fan. Sort of.
    • View Profile
An iM@S fanfic by Neko-P
« on: May 09, 2011, 05:30:22 am »
So... I've had this idea for an idolmaster fanfic. It's been a while, but the impulse to write has been pretty strong lately. So I wrote this up tonight. Uhh.... Yeah. I'm not sure if I'll be continuing it much, but the AU parts pertain to where certain idols are actually their gender-bent counterparts rather than their usually ones. (It... really doesn't make sense, but it only applies to three idols, so there's that.) Without any further adieu, the fic:

The iDOLM@STER: Fire Flower

A mixed-AU self-insert fic

“Hold the door!” A man asked, running towards the elevator I was in. It was my first Anime convention ever, and while I had neglected the opportunity to cosplay(I didn’t know where to start, much less who to go as), I was having a great time. At the moment, I was heading towards a panel on idol units, which Ryuuguu Komachi was slated to be at. Excited as I was, I noticed no one else had made a move to hold the elevator door. So obviously, I stopped the door. It was the polite thing to do.

“Thank you,” The man said. I noticed that he had light brown hair and similarly colored eyes. He looked vaguely familiar, as if I knew someone related to him. An odd thought. I’d give it more thought, if only I could place who he reminded me of. Oh well. It probably didn’t matter.

“You’re welcome,” I responded politely. He smiled, but turned to the door, possibly avoiding conversation. Or maybe he was just in a hurry. The load of books he was carrying seemed to imply that. He also had a clipboard. An assistant, perhaps? A student? I had no proof of either, but it was fun to speculate. I also had no intention of asking. Not only would that be rude, I’m not exactly the kind of person to ask people random questions.

The elevator’s tell-tale ding interrupted my line of inquisitive thought. The crowd in the elevator consisted of a few cosplayers(in matching Kingdom Hearts outfits, no less!), a pair of girls giggling in the corner over a manga they had purchased(my guess, it was most likely yaoi), and a professional-looking guy in a suit and glasses(I had no idea, but maybe he ran a panel?) Every single one of them, sans myself and the man who had rushed in earlier, shot out of the elevator as if it was a life-or-death situation. Unfortunately, this rush ended up knocking over the man from earlier, sending his books and things everywhere. And of course none of them stopped to help him.

“Here, let me help,” I said, grabbing some papers and the clipboard. I noticed the name “Minase” scrawled in English. A realization hit me. Was this guy related to Iori Minase? Of Ryuuguu Komachi?

“Thanks,” He said, giving me time to notice his, surprisingly slight, accent. I remembered reading somewhere that Iori had a brother studying abroad. I took a leap of faith. If it didn’t work then, well, at least I’d never have to see him again.

“Hey, are you related to Iori Minase?” I asked, completely innocently, “I noticed the name Minase on this clipboard, under the name section…” The thought trailed off, but thankfully the man picked it back up rather quickly.

“Yes, actually. I was headed to see her panel. Are you a fan?” He said. Obviously, he was more sociable than I. (Not that that was hard…)

“Yeah, that’s how I noticed…” I said, handing over the clipboard and some other papers, “I’m a fan of all of 765’s groups- I’m even excited for that new group of theirs, Tsunami if I remember correctly.” While my forwardness would have surprised me, I did that a lot when I was talking about something I was a fan of.

“Oh! Then did you hear about the contest?” He asked. Apparently, he kept plenty of tabs on his sister’s business. (Not that I didn’t understand that completely, what with having a little sister of my own.)

“The one to find a fourth member? Yeah. I’d love to be able to audition, but I’m a bit handicapped by only knowing conversational Japanese and not living in Japan,” I stated, sighing. I pushed back my hair; brown and curly, about the only thing I liked about my appearance, and even then it had its days. The only other thing I liked about my appearance were my blue-green eyes, which had commented on in the past.

“Oh! I can hook you up!” He replied, to my surprise, “My name is Katashi, by the way.” He continued, realizing he’d forgotten to introduce himself. I shook his hand, simultaneously handing him the last of his forsaken books.

“I’m Trevor. Trevor Hess. Nice to meet you,” We both got up, with me trying to keep his stack of books steady as we did so.  “And thanks for the offer, but that’d be too much to ask…”

“No, no, you’re the only person who’s been nice to me all day. It’d be my honor,” He said, smiling. We were both walking towards Ryuuguu Komachi’s panel room, but there was no hurry. The panel wasn’t going to start for some time; I had started early in order to get a good seat. (I hoped my detour wouldn’t squelch the chances of that.)

“No, really, it’s a lot. Besides, what about when school starts back up?” I responded, trying not to burden him with more work. (Obviously he had enough on his plate.) He didn’t seem to be having any of it.

“I can get you into the exchange student program,” He responded, “And get you a tutor for written Japanese.” I stared at him, wide-eyed. He smiled at me. “Besides, I’ve seen your face before,” I stared at him again. “This morning.” I thought back. Oh!

“You mean when we were getting in? I was just giving some advice. Standing under things is rarely a good idea,” I responded, realizing where my memory had failed me. I had told him that he was standing directly underneath a chandelier that a few guys were repairing. It had been only for a split second, and I’d gotten into the elevator to go to the video game championship room. (For the record, I lost in the second round.)

“The chandelier fell when you had left the room,” He responded, “The only reason I wasn’t under it was your advice.” I looked at him, wide-eyed. I’d saved his life?! That was a pretty big shock, but it explained why he was so willing to pull some strings for me.

“That’s… Wow. Well… You know, you don’t have to do anything…” I said, even though I really, really, really wanted him to continue insisting. Luckily for me, he did.

“Oh, but I do. I owe you my life,” He said, “I insist.” I looked at him, in complete and utter shock. I was really going to become an idol? For 765’s first boy group? Well, that was still aiming a bit high, but… I didn’t want to stop fantasizing about it. Not for a second.

“Well… I have to say, you’ve repaid that and then some. Thank you…” I said, “Thanks so much!” Then the thought occurred to me that my parents might not be so down with it. “But I have to see what my parents say first…”

“That’s fine! Better now than at the airport,” he said, laughing. It was kind of funny, causing me to giggle a little, too.

“I’ll call them after the performance,” I said, noticing that we were at the room already. The place did have quite a few seats taken, but there were still some good seats open. I flashed my badge at the guy standing in front, who nodded, and Katashi(-san? -kun? I wasn’t sure what he’d like me to address him as…) did the same.

“I’ll be backstage. Here…” He took out a business card, “My number.”

“I thought you were an exchange student yourself,” I said, a bit confused. At least, that’s what I’d remembered reading back on one of the blogs for Ryuuguu Komachi.

“Yes, but you never know what you might need,” He said. And with that, he maneuvered himself to the stage on the far side of the room, where, presumably, either Ryuuguu Komachi was or where they would be quite soon. I took my seat, still somewhat in a state of shock. Was my dream going to come true? Or was I dreaming? No, despite the circumstances, this was pretty logical. To a degree, anyway.

Little did I know where this was going to lead me…

End of Prologue.

.... try not to be too brutal...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:58:39 am by Neko-P »

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: An iM@S fanfic. (WARNING: A slightly-AU self-insert fic...)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 07:13:09 am »
Not bad, can't really judge much from prologue alone. But keep going, I'm interested in seeing how interaction with the idols will be.

Neko-P

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 10:51:11 pm »
Before I continue, I have to ask: Does anyone have any reservations about who I genderbend into Tsunami?

Originally, I planned on using Mitsuki, Chiharu, and Hibiki-kun. While it might be that I could just not care what you think and write what I want, I've decided to let you guys put in some input. Obviously, Ibuki, Azuki, and Ao are ineligible as of this point because of their status of being in Ryuuguu Komachi. I'd also rather not use Haru or Yukinojo, 'cause I'm a bit like the both of them... That leaves:

Mao(It's not like the Half-Identical twins thing hasn't been done before.)
Male!Makoto(But then we lose our reverse trap idol...)
Male!Yayoi(Forgot his name...)
Takuma(Then again, I'd be doing the whole exotic thing for the group...)
Mitsuki
Chiharu
Male!Hibiki(I might just default to him anyway, even if you guys pick three other guys. XD)

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 04:55:21 am »
Anyone? I guess I'll say something.

That's a tough one deciding who to put into it. Depends on what you're aiming for in all this. I'd say a good mix of ages among them, but better up to you. Good luck! :)

Neko-P

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 11:22:36 pm »
I was actually thinking to keep the ages pretty close, 'cause I'm going for a sort of best friendship element. But I might keep in Mao, for the half-identical twin thing, while Haruka, Yukiho, and Makoto will probably form the "main female" unit. Anything past that... I have no clue, to be honest. I'll try to get the next chapter written up over the weekend. ^_^

Haldo

• ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
Re: An iM@S fanfic by Neko-P
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 09:37:42 pm »
It'd be cool if you did Mao. I love half-identical twins for some reason :P
Yattaaaa! The forum is back!!!

Neko-P

• View Profile
Re: An iM@S fanfic by Neko-P
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 11:58:04 pm »
 Okay, making some headway into Chapter 1. I'm nowhere near finished, but I've arrived in Japan, at least. And met both Ritsuko and Iori. Also, finalized the unit formations, so here they are, (Spoilered in case you want it to be a surprise.)

Ryuuguu Komachi:
Iori       
Azusa   
Ami       

Tsunami (Tentative):
Mitsuki   
Chiharu   
Hibiki-kun
Trevor     

Jumpstart:
Yukiho   
Haruka 
Makoto 

M.Y. Child (Tentative):
Mao     
Yamato

Takane (Solo)

Also, I do have a few questions: From the name, it should be obvious that I'm adapting Len Kagamine's Fire Flower to be my image song. (Or, if it wasn't, it is now.) I'm also thinking of turning DREAM into a song for "Tsunami"(Still don't like that name...) Any other song suggestions?

I do know that Takane's going to have Aoi Tori, Mata Ne, Tsuki no Waltz(I don't care if it was a request song), and Kyun! Vampire Girl. Any other suggestions on who should have what song should be brought up.

Also, Jupiter will be showing up, and be more of Tsunami's rival than Jumpstart's(they kind of represent the unit the player would be producing...) I might include Maoh Angel, but I'm not sure I know them well enough. (I might be able to pull off Tomomi by channeling Minami of Lucky Star... Not sure about Reika or... what's-her-name...)