Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello World  (Read 2405 times)

Ku Yong

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Hello World
« on: April 21, 2011, 12:35:06 pm »
Hi everyone,

Being a fanof the Idolm@ster franchise for something like 2 or 3 years now, I've finally found this forum (well, I've been looking the wiki for some time now, and found out there was forum link quite recently) and decided to register here...

I guess I'll start with an introduction...
I'm studying in maths and informatics, and will graduate soon (or at least, I'm supposed to). Since it seems we are in 2011, I guess that I'm 22 years old or something like that. Oh,and I'm from France (currently living near Paris)... which means that I speak French, and some Engrish too (and like every non native speaker, sorry for the bad english)...

Now, let's move on to the next topic... since it's an Idolm@ster forum, I guess I'll have to tell how I got to learn from the game... 3 years ago (when I entered College) I tried to join the Comic Club... but since I was the only member here, and that the clubroom was the same that the anime/manga club, I was somehow dragged into that stuff... being a newcomer at the time, I read/watched a lot of thing to catch up (well, being a student, and therefore having a lot of free time, surely help)... During some blind test in the club room, there was that song from an anime called Idolm@ster Xenoglossia... never heard of it, and I was told it was something about mecha, adapted from a video game franchise about idols, music and other great stuff.... not interested in the mecha stuff, I skipped the anime (watched it after, and probably shouldn't have...)  but looked for further information on the franchise... and then, it was too late...

I don't speak Japanese, so I didn't play the game, but enjoyed what I was able to find on that vast thing called the Internet, from video to various songs (actually, I found the wiki while searching for some Im@s video since I was timing some karaoke for the club), and recently decided to buy the game (finally graduating, so I decided to use my first wage on something I've looking for for several years now)... I guess I'll have to wait for it to be shipped

So that's it for the Im@s stuff, let's see what I didn't tell about my other hobbies : I'm into manga/anime, watching all kind of stuff, and tend to like especially colorful things, such as mahou shoujo and/or idol anime, and dislike fanservice (I discovered that I had the same taste that a 7 years old girl, ...), visual novel (got into that quite recently, at the expense of other video games) and roleplaying (the one with paper and dice, not videogames)

Well I guess that's enough for now, but feel free to ask if you have a question.

And by the way, pleased to meet you all,

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
Re: Hello World
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 12:57:13 pm »
Pleased to meet you too!

What a nice way to come across iM@S~

Which game did you get exactly? iM@S 2?

YayoiTakatsuki96

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 02:23:23 pm »
Oh, welcome here!
Enjoy your stay, also, yeah. It's usual. People visit the Wiki first, when they see the forum link, they click on it, they see how it's interesting, and decide to join it.
But yeah, enjoy your stay!

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 03:18:54 pm »
Hi, welcome to Project IM@S forums!

Who are your favorite idols by the way?

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 03:32:58 pm »
Oh... nice to meet you. And welcome.

Ku Yong

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 05:16:06 pm »
Which game did you get exactly? iM@S 2?

Yep, I decided to start with the last one

Who are your favorite idols by the way?

Well... from what I've seen (which means, without any knowledge about the routes/storyline, and purely on a visual/voice acting basis), I'd probably say that my favorite idols are Chihaya, Hibiki and Miki, and the one I tend to dislike are Makoto, Takane and Iori (yet another loli tsundere voiced by Kugumiya Rie...)

And thanks you all for the warm wlecome

Kaminos

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Project-Imas
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 09:58:03 pm »
Ouhlala, mais c'est quoi tous ces Français qui arrivent ? xD

Welcome here, cher compatriote ;)

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 04:34:46 am »
echo Hello

I'd recommend the wide world of Im@s Sword World 2.0 vids to you if you understood Japanese though... it's a weird system that's apparently (relatively) popular in Japan. Well, weird in the sense that two six-siders are used for everything, including damage. It handles this by assigning an Intensity to every weapon and spell in the game. Said Intensity rating in turn leads to a table with seperate values for 2 to 12 (A longsword, Intensity 13, gives 1 damage on a roll of 3, 7 damage on a roll of 12). Thing is, 10's or higher (usually) crits, and you can stack crits.

Don't know what's popular in France. Favorite systems?

EDIT: Ah, whatever, I'll link the vids. All by the same guy.

First series: Sword World, original version. Party starts with Haruka (magician), Ai (fighter), Chihaya (fighter/priest), Ami (thief), and Ritsuko (magician).
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8837849

Second series: Sword World 2.0! Party starts with Haruka (priest), Ai (fighter), Mai (fencer), Mami (gunslinger), and Ryou (magician).
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9767866

Third series: Make You Kingdom. Actually, haven't watched this yet. Looks like Haruka (Ninja/Dungeoneer?), Mai (Monarch/Doctor), Ai (Knight/Warrior), Ryou (Minister/Scholar), and Reika (Priest/Chef).
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14061633
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:20:26 am by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 05:08:55 am »
Nice to meet you! Enjoy your stay

Ku Yong

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 12:36:25 pm »
@Karinos : l'invasion ne fait que commencer...

@Cael : Never heard of Sword World (well, it seems this system exist only in Japan and hasn't been translated), but tried to watch the video... yet my japanese skills seems to be pretty bad ... I never learned it, only understood through anime/songs, so I can't read kanjis (rah, not enough stat points I guess).
In France, I think the most popular systems are Dungeons and Dragons, Warhammer and what revolves around the World of Darkness series from WhiteWolf (Vampire, Werewolves, ...). I'm not really playing one game in particular (we are a bunch of friends who plays a wide range of systems, from mainstream to home made ones), but I think that, if I had to pick a system, I would go with World of Darkness (with some modifications in order to balance it)

Clear Blue

• Producer
  • Omigosh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 02:45:32 pm »
Nice to meet you! I'm Clear Blue!
Please make yourself at home! :D

I'm glad that we have another Miki fan! (When I looked at your name, I thought you were Chinese or at least Asian.)

Your English is at least understandable, it's not that bad.
"My name's Amagase Touma, A-ma-ga-se To-u-ma, got it?" - Amagase Touma

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 07:33:21 pm »
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly

Hitode

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 09:40:17 pm »
Oui, un français, c'est toujours sympa ça  :D

Hmm... My school never had an anime/manga club... there are only sports clubs where I am...
So... hum welcome !