Username: Password:

Author Topic: Your current mood.  (Read 133693 times)

nublet765

• Apprentice
  • Reporting.
    • View Profile
Re: Your current mood.
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2012, 04:19:11 am »
Preparing myself for failing psychology, sigh.

My favourite team is the Vancouver Canucks, and we all know how the Canucks' luck is when it comes to winning the Stanley Cup.

Yeah  :(
LA played well though - and we were missing Daniel  :'(  That hurt us a bunch.  Losing at home didn't help either.
Must learn Japanese one of these days ... T_T
Concert Challenge - http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1599.0.html

baruhara

• 玉の緒よ、絶えなば絶えね、ながらへば、しのぶることの、よはりもぞする
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 29, 2012, 06:44:21 am »
Then I guess the course you're taking is different from the one I took.  Mine was all qualitative, no math.  Are they teaching you how to do statistical analysis of experimental research?

We're memorising 10 core studies of psychology, and all the details about them. Asch, Milgram, Buss, Rosenhan etc., and we have to memorise the context & aims, the procedures & participants, the findings & conclusions, the methodology evaluation and alternative evidence for each.
s e m p e r ・ e g o ・ a u d i t o r ・ t a n t e m ・ ?
http://psnprofiles.com/Voragoras
https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=Sertoria

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 29, 2012, 07:22:08 am »
Hurray for Milgram and shocking!

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2012, 08:40:55 am »
We're memorising 10 core studies of psychology, and all the details about them. Asch, Milgram, Buss, Rosenhan etc., and we have to memorise the context & aims, the procedures & participants, the findings & conclusions, the methodology evaluation and alternative evidence for each.

It might help to put all the numbers you need to memorize into a table (with two columns: descriptions on the left and numbers on the right), memorize the table, and then the first thing you do when taking the exam is write the table from memory.

Here's a way to memorize the table: first make the table, then cover it up so you can't see it, wait 20 seconds, then write as much of it as you can from memory.  Study the table again (or even write it again, not from memory), cover it up, wait 20 seconds, then write as much of it as you can from memory.  Keep repeating this until you've got it memorized.  Waiting 20 seconds is to clear your short term memory.  If it's in short term memory when you try to recall it, you can't be sure that it's in long term memory, where you want it.

You can also practice making the motion of typing numbers you want to remember on a numeric keypad.  Doing this puts that information in motor memory.  I guess it's backup motor memory, since there's some motor memory in the process of writing the numbers with a pen too.

Hopefully my methods aren't too flawed.  It's already tomorrow, so there may not be enough time to get all the numbers in.  Anyway, good luck on the exam!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:43:39 am by altuixde »

baruhara

• 玉の緒よ、絶えなば絶えね、ながらへば、しのぶることの、よはりもぞする
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 29, 2012, 07:42:14 pm »
^ Oh, I use headmagnet.com for figures! I know how to try and memorise them, but for some reason, I just really can't. They never stay in my head.

Anyway, the exam went... alright. I've probably got an E or a D, but my A from the last unit should bring that up to a C, maybe.

Thanks for the well-wishes. I'm sure it helped the questions I at least knew how to answer on the paper, instead of, like, Gardner & Gardner. I had a lot of trouble with Bennett-Levy & Martaeu, Loftus & Palmer and Langer & Rodin. I managed to remember some names, but no figures at all;;
s e m p e r ・ e g o ・ a u d i t o r ・ t a n t e m ・ ?
http://psnprofiles.com/Voragoras
https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=Sertoria

xkillo147

• くっ
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 01, 2012, 06:48:30 pm »
Good since this month is going to be a good one for iM@S since:
6/16/12-iM@S Episode 26!
6/20/12-THE IDOLM@STER ANIM@TION MASTER Namassuka SPECIAL 01!
and finally
6/23/12&6/24/12-THE IDOLM@STER 7th ANNIVERSARY!

ζ*'ヮ')ζζ*'ヮ')ζζ*'ヮ')ζζ*'ヮ')ζζ*'ヮ')ζ!!!!

TTB

• anta nyanka...
    • View Profile
    • please help them out
« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2012, 04:35:53 am »
Argh.

Sprained my left ankle. Have to walk around with old crutches from back in High School. I try to be grateful and often give thanks for all blessings and not take anything for granted: from being free from nasal congestion to not cutting my hands on the chopping block when making dinner, but just when I don't feel like I'm such an ingrate up comes something to whammy me upside the head: mobility.

Everyone with two fully working legs and that includes you (whomever you are), should give thanks to all applicable powers and circumstances for that blessing. And also be reminded of the injured, the unwell, or others who don't have such a vital advantage, it's terribly debilitating...

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 07, 2012, 08:33:06 pm »
Mad as hell.

Yet again I can't go to a gig beacause I have to babysit my little sister (my parents are going to their friend and can;t take her with them).
The funny thing (here) - the headliner is called We Are Idols. But they play HC Punk. ;)

NaitoNii

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Figure.FM
« Reply #233 on: June 08, 2012, 12:43:40 am »
Mad as hell.

Yet again I can't go to a gig beacause I have to babysit my little sister (my parents are going to their friend and can;t take her with them).
The funny thing (here) - the headliner is called We Are Idols. But they play HC Punk. ;)

I'd probably be the irresponsible babysitter and take the kid with me. XD

anyways:

I'm feeling rather cheerful today. A friend of mine from the UK has offered her help to help me with picking a camera to start photoshoots with =) And learn me Photoshop as well.

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 08, 2012, 02:06:22 am »
I'd probably be the irresponsible babysitter and take the kid with me. XD
Especially in the moshpit or to the barriers (If there actually would be any. Also, since we're talking about it: lolololo Prodigy - kinda inside joke, I just had to ;)). Also the questions tommorow: why can't she hear a thing?

Maybe better not. ;-p

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2012, 02:08:06 pm »
Huh...feeling a bit weird: in shock over how the Pacquiao vs. Bradley fight went, satisfied with how I'm doing in World of Tanks, and depressed that I can't swim, all in one night.
--Under Construction---

TTB

• anta nyanka...
    • View Profile
    • please help them out
« Reply #236 on: June 11, 2012, 01:28:16 am »
Huh...feeling a bit weird: in shock over how the Pacquiao vs. Bradley fight went, satisfied with how I'm doing in World of Tanks, and depressed that I can't swim, all in one night.

Some mafia/politicians are cackling and rolling in money right now. Swimming is overrated, just float or find some flotsam, swimming accomplished.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2012, 02:22:00 am »
A bunch of people were really upset about that Pacquiao fight. :(
As for me I'm pretty content. Been practicing my kanji. ^^

NaitoNii

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Figure.FM
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2012, 02:39:47 pm »
feeling rather relaxed. Not a lot to due this week @ school except for all my exams are on Friday.

next monday is the last day of school \(^_^)/

nublet765

• Apprentice
  • Reporting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 11, 2012, 05:15:35 pm »

Y'know, with everything that you say about World of Tanks, I'm tempted to try it - but idk if my comp can run it.
Swimming ... can you do the floating part?  Something about spreading out like a starfish if I remember correctly - it's been ages since I had lessons.  (back float?  idk what it's called)
Must learn Japanese one of these days ... T_T
Concert Challenge - http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1599.0.html