Username: Password:

Author Topic: First encounter with THE iDOLM@STER?  (Read 7135 times)

Haldo

• ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
First encounter with THE iDOLM@STER?
« on: February 25, 2011, 06:30:08 pm »
Does everyone still remeber how they discovered iM@S? I was just over in the new anime thread and ikuto-sama was talking about how she did, and I got all nostalgic ~_~

I discovered iM@S when I was looking through the Katamari Damacy soundtrack, and I found Danketsu. It sounded cute, so when I heard it was based on another series, I sought it out.
Yattaaaa! The forum is back!!!

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
Re: First encounter with THE iDOLM@STER?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 06:38:57 pm »
I first saw iDOLM@STER on TV, on a channel that once showed G4TV program re-runs. I think it was G4TV's. The precise show I saw it on was "Cinematech: Nocturnal Emissions".

.....Yeah. When I saw those designs and singing and dancing, I fell in love.

After that, I sought more knowledge about iDOLM@STER. I searched for videos, then more info, until eventually I found the forum, back when it was still (fairly) young. And the rest is in history.

Ah, the good old days......

Soth

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • Soth's Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 08:11:15 pm »
I discovered iM@S after watching the AOU Amusement Expo '04 trailer for the arcade version, when I realized the character designer was the same that did the characters for Lunar games.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VM4gcUyQYw?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=es_ES&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_VM4gcUyQYw?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=es_ES&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

iM@S back then barely resembles the home versions...

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:18:27 pm by Soth »

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 08:24:18 pm »
I first saw iDOLM@STER on TV, on a channel that once showed G4TV program re-runs. I think it was G4TV's. The precise show I saw it on was "Cinematech: Nocturnal Emissions".

.....Yeah. When I saw those designs and singing and dancing, I fell in love.

After that, I sought more knowledge about iDOLM@STER. I searched for videos, then more info, until eventually I found the forum, back when it was still (fairly) young. And the rest is in history.

Ah, the good old days......

Same way I first learned about the idolmaster. I remember back in 2007 when I first saw idolm@ster on this show on G4TV called "Cinematech". I wanted to know more about the game so I started watching videos on youtube and I have been a fan of it since.

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 09:07:40 pm »
On youtube there was a compilation video in the Japan section that had a bunch of random songs that people were liking at the time.  Stuff like Sosei no Aquarion and those IOSYS songs.  But one of those songs was this fan-made remix that really caught my eye.  It took a while before I made the connection that it was related to Idolm@ster, and I thought it was originally a song in the game.  So I had downloaded every ounce of music I could find related to the game thinking I'd just run into it overtime.  In the process I started liking the other songs I found and just began liking the game despite having no idea about it.

I didn't have the money for it at the time, so I just told myself if it ever came out here I'd play it.  Or if not, I'd just add it to the list of things to do before I die haha.  Didn't expect it'd come out for PSP, actually that was another accident discovering it was coming out for it.  When I heard of that, I hesitated in getting it for a second, but it gave me reason to get a PSP earlier than planned.  So I ended up getting the game and playing the hell out of it.
MCDONALDS x YAYOI FANFIC PLZ

Milwaukee12

• Apprentice
  • Let's do our best!
    • View Profile
    • Milwaukee12's Twitter Feed
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 09:14:00 pm »
It all started with Vocaloid.  I was surfing youtube for Vocaloid when I came across this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-l2Utfv4GPE?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-l2Utfv4GPE?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Then I saw some related videos and the rest is history.

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 10:37:22 pm »
Saw a vid of Go My Way. At least, I think.. I don't remember.

I remember downloading all of the PVs from the Japanese 360 store before the game even came out.

SalemJeanette

• (ლ╹◡╹)ლ 彡┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 11:28:48 pm »
Heartcatch Precure 2nd ending debuted. I youtubed it and found this. It all began here for me.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9uPmJvsFV5Q?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=es_MX&amp;amp;hd=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9uPmJvsFV5Q?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=es_MX&amp;amp;hd=1</a>
Join the Idolmaster irc channel on Rizon #Idolmaster

SereneMidnight

• Class is in Session
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 11:54:18 pm »
I saw iM@S DLC for Ace Combat 6. I fell in love with it, bought them all (Except the 765Pro pack) and looked for more info online, which eventually lead me here.

Benpc91

• View Profile
    • IMMWS
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 12:43:59 am »
Started browsing NicoDouga, and guess what was popular there.

First MAD I ran into was Kotoko's Princess Bride.

The iDOLM@STER MAD World Service
The Gentlemen's Guide to THE iDOLM@STER

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 12:58:20 am »
A video on youtube of Go My Way! with Yayoi.

I know I'm not the only one who shares this experience.

Clear Blue

• Producer
  • Omigosh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 01:10:46 am »
I was searching around YouTube and came across it.

I think it was a Haruka/Iori/Miki group.
"My name's Amagase Touma, A-ma-ga-se To-u-ma, got it?" - Amagase Touma

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 01:59:12 am »
If I remember correctly it was on youtube, when I was looking for a new source of music and one of the video links was a video of GO MY WAY. Then, google some images and I ended up here.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 02:00:51 am by Mind M@ster »

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 05:03:59 am »
My first encounter...
I was searching for Wii games, then I found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-tRK9T9fdM&feature=related

Then, I got curious about that only game music and search for that Idolm@ster. The first video I saw was that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpIAmsoS6gE

Well... of course, there's more im@s songs that I like so much. I played Taiko no Tatsujin Wii and DS. And then... I started to search for more. That's it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 05:06:30 am by Yui »

Raestloz

• UnOfficial Picture Assembler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 05:52:02 am »
Played GO MY WAY!! in Taiko no Tatsujin DS, got very curious about this particularly catchy song, saw it comes from THE iDOLM@STER (THE iDOLM@STER yori) and did a quick google search.

Saw some videos about it, found some more songs, and fell in love
Choose Your Top iDOL

THE iDOLM@STER must GO ON!