Username: Password:

Author Topic: Raestloz's THE iDOLM@STER MOBILE 2 [Chihaya Kisaragi] - Complete  (Read 7098 times)

Raestloz

• UnOfficial Picture Assembler
    • View Profile
version 0.6: SVG code finished, now producing images
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 10:40:03 am »
Finally the SVG code is finished

The SVG has officially gone gold. The version is still 0.9 for development purpose, because the code that updates it to 1.0 triggers funny behaviors from Theme Builder. I can't afford to reinstall everytime I need to compile something just to keep it at 1.0

The good news is the dock has finally become acceptable in terms of performance. It no longer lags.

The bad news is it has become too responsive, since you can't actually limit the focus movement in BlackBerry. Also, I scrapped the audio inclusion. The Audio aspect of SVG for BlackBerry has funny behaviors I can't really comprehend. It doesn't do what is expected, but at least it works now

Graphics production is going pretty well. I decided to use Fall Collection for both Active and Incoming call

Active

Incoming

Now, pretty much all backgrounds are screaming Chihaya. Only a few left, after that it's icon design and production phase -_-"

Overall version is now 0.6
Choose Your Top iDOL

THE iDOLM@STER must GO ON!

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
Note to self: get a blackberry

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
I haven't gotten a new phone for about 2 years...
If I could get all this on the BlackBerry, I'm definitely getting one!

Raestloz

• View Profile
It is finished
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 10:47:17 pm »
I just want to say the theme is finished. I have to say there are several changes from version 0.8 to version 1.0 (hereafter 2.0, since it's THE iDOLM@STER MOBILE 2), and even then after several final testings I have to update it again several times to satisfy myself

I can't provide screenshots for now, but I can tell you several of its features:
  • Glow in the dark icons - Due to some kind of luck, I managed to create a glow-in-the-dark icons. The glow is pretty subtle, and you won't notice them except you actually try to, but in front of dark background it will glow. Kinda awesome, if I say so myself
  • Updated icons - I mainly use the first version's icons (only make them glow), but I also make new "proper" versions of some "odd" icons that doesn't really fit. Neko concept as browser is scrapped, custom icons for homescreen dock were made, now no icon is "too small"
  • Moar Chihaya - Like I said, this edition focuses on Chihaya. You'll see Chihaya on Homescreen, Lock screen, Profiles icon, App Menu, and call screens. Incoming call has been customized, since using Fall Collection for it seemed like a lazy attempt.
  • Xross App Bar dock - if you like XMB, you might like the new dock, as it's practically XMB without the "tick" sound. Each icon for the dock is custom, different from the ones in App menu in that they don't glow. Using dark picture as a wallpaper is a very bad idea. Also, you need to have some 3rd party apps installed to make use of it the most. Unfortunately, you can't put user defined icons in the dock, but a future update might add support for it (well, it's easy to do it after all, it's just that XMB has fixed icons)
  • Compressed icons - each icon is compressed to make sure every last bit of space is not wasted.
  • Optimized SVG codes - optimized codes means goodbye lag

I will provide screenshots, download link and release notes soon, after I test it thoroughly on my BlackBerry. Also, I'm creating a documentation (in PDF) just for the hell of it, and will check out Theme Builder Beta 2, maybe I can port this to OS 6

Minimum Device Requirements:
480x360 screen
OS 5.0
2 MB free application memory space

Recommended Device Requirements:
480x360 screen
OS 5.0.0.979
62MB free application memory space (THE iDOLM@STER MOBILE 2 by itself takes only 1.85 MB of memory, but with less than 60MB of free memory, your device might lag)
Has all native application installed
Has device password set
Has Opera Mini installed
Has Yahoo! Messenger installed
Has facebook installed
Has Documents To Go installed

Choose Your Top iDOL

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
*Looks at people who would get a blackberry solely for this theme over an actually relevant smartphone.*

....guys.....really?

Anyways, congrats on finishing. I'll be sure to somehow jam this into my Android, fearing it'll just spit it back out.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
*Looks at people who would get a blackberry solely for this theme over an actually relevant smartphone.*

....guys.....really?

People should listen to him and not get one for a reason like that, this Scotty is posting from the near future and probably knows more than us.

Raestloz

• View Profile
THE iDOLM@STER MOBILE 2 is complete
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 08:55:18 pm »
I'm glad there are people with great enthusiasm over this theme, but Scotty's right: a theme is just a theme. It won't provide additional functionality nor will it ease your regret if you find out it's not really your thing

Still, your enthusiasm does make me proud :D thanks guys

Anywhoo, I have updated the first post, it's now a one-stop information block you need to know about this particular theme. With this, I declare the theme officially released
Choose Your Top iDOL

Mind M@ster

• Producer
  • Hibiki 4 me ♥
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Raestloz's THE iDOLM@STER MOBILE 2 [Chihaya Kisaragi] - Complete
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 10:18:48 pm »
I was just saying I was in the market for a new phone, and the theme would be a nice touch-up for it. But I'm probably not getting a BlackBerry anyways since it'll have features I'd have to pay for, when that's all free on my Ipod touch 4. I'm not a big phone person BTW.

But regardless, Congrats on the theme!

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 06:59:57 am »
I already said this to ya before but, congrats on finishing! ^^ If ever I get a Blackberry, I'll try this out (not that I would get one for the sake of this, nor could I even afford one. XD).

SalemJeanette

• (ლ╹◡╹)ლ 彡┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 03:25:30 am »
Awwwww, I tried to install it but my 8520 Curve has a 320x240 res ;.;
I'll just have to live with my Hibiki wallpaper :>
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:55:43 am by SalemJeanette »
Join the Idolmaster irc channel on Rizon #Idolmaster

Raestloz

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 02:32:07 pm »
I am sorry for your inconvenience, but 320x240 devices are not supported, I believe that 320x240 screen has too low dpi to display images faithfully.

Besides, there is not enough demand to add support for lower resolution devices, since it will require more than just a few "scale" command

I have tracked down a bug in homescreen, and there is a problem with bluetooth settings and default folder icons. I will fix this in 2.1, with some more features planned

EDIT:
I was thinking of creating stuff for Android and iPhone, if the last one IS theme-able, if someone can tell me NBGI's policy over copyrighted items for this kind of hobby (I won't sell the product, afterall), or a way to contact them in English about it, I'll happily try my best
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:36:20 pm by Raestloz »
Choose Your Top iDOL

Sev

• Producer
  • Making a better tommorow tommorow
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2011, 09:14:34 am »
The only way I know of to contact them successfully would be to show up at their offices in person. Their US Headquarters are right by the Great America Theme Park in Santa Clara California. You can try a simple phone call but no one ever picks up.

Like a bird in the sky I believe i can fly

Raestloz

• View Profile
Another update planned
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2011, 09:10:35 am »
I'm just saying that I'm working on what I think as the last update: 2.3, except maybe adding support for OS 6 which will make it 2.3.1, but that's later (once RIM releases the official TB 6)

The main features planned are as follows:
- Brand new active call and incoming call screens (because Fall Collection seems too "Flat" for me)
- Minor UI changes for homescreen
- Minor logo change (that is, Chihaya's kanji signature is removed)
- Minor UI change for dialogs (the dialog buttons are too big even for a giant's standard)
- Brand new lockscreen background (which makes me go fangasm everytime I see it)

Screenshots:
Homescreen banner - new Battery and Signal strength icon; new element arrangement

Lockscreen - brand new image

Active Call - Brand new image; new element arrangement

After this update, the work should be finished, and I'll finally make the Documentation PDF I've been longing for.

Also, after this version is finished, I'll begin studying about Android theming. My friend bought Samsung Galaxy Mini and he asked me to create a theme for him (specifically, Haruka version). The screen is 240x320, but the knowledge could be used for larger screens

The theme that comes to mind is THE iDOLM@STER 2 Allstars, the BlackBerry design is already in my mind, the Android will have to wait until I know the limitations of the device

If everything goes smoothly, you Android guys could get an unofficial THE iDOLM@STER theme around fall or early winter
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 09:30:35 am by Raestloz »
Choose Your Top iDOL