Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 154129 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #705 on: September 05, 2012, 06:34:15 am »
I finished my first playthrough, and I want to get the True Ending on my second playthrough.  Of course I will play it on Normal.  I managed to get the Decay Amulets and the Costumes and Accessories.
Just have a few questions.

1. I'm playing on Normal and I want to get the True Ending.  Is it really necessary to get those Sales State Changes such as Keep, Break, and Revival?  Can I still managed to get the True Ending on Normal without those?  I heard getting those Sales State Changes are kind of tedious.

2.  I think the Guide says to concentrate in one area at a time for increasing the number of fans.  For certain weeks, the Guide recommends doing a Paid Promotion + Lesson.  However, what if the Paid Promotion doesn't appear in that area you are trying to work on?

3.  If I managed to get in the Top 20 on Week 6, will I not be able to do those promotions that appear if you are in the Top 50?  Here is what I mean http://imas2.wota.info/idol-specific-communication/kisaragi-chihaya

4.  The Guide also says to hire Reporters.  However, what if the reporter doesn't appear in the Area I'm working on?  Should I use up one Week in order to get the Reporter that appears in the other area?

5.  Week 6 and Week 14 are your releases for the 1st and 2nd songs.  The Guide says do a National Audition in the weeks of your songs release.  But if you are suppose to work on one area at a time, then what is the point of a National Audition when a Normal Audion increases the Fans even more in the area you are working on.  I apologize if I don't understand the mechanics behind this.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:57:58 am by mariokirby »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 05, 2012, 11:02:37 am »
I finished my first playthrough, and I want to get the True Ending on my second playthrough.  Of course I will play it on Normal.  I managed to get the Decay Amulets and the Costumes and Accessories.
Just have a few questions.

1. I'm playing on Normal and I want to get the True Ending.  Is it really necessary to get those Sales State Changes such as Keep, Break, and Revival?  Can I still managed to get the True Ending on Normal without those?  I heard getting those Sales State Changes are kind of tedious.

2.  I think the Guide says to concentrate in one area at a time for increasing the number of fans.  For certain weeks, the Guide recommends doing a Paid Promotion + Lesson.  However, what if the Paid Promotion doesn't appear in that area you are trying to work on?

3.  If I managed to get in the Top 20 on Week 6, will I not be able to do those promotions that appear if you are in the Top 50?  Here is what I mean http://imas2.wota.info/idol-specific-communication/kisaragi-chihaya

4.  The Guide also says to hire Reporters.  However, what if the reporter doesn't appear in the Area I'm working on?  Should I use up one Week in order to get the Reporter that appears in the other area?

5.  Week 6 and Week 14 are your releases for the 1st and 2nd songs.  The Guide says do a National Audition in the weeks of your songs release.  But if you are suppose to work on one area at a time, then what is the point of a National Audition when a Normal Audion increases the Fans even more in the area you are working on.  I apologize if I don't understand the mechanics behind this.

1) No, it's not necessary. Normal mode is really easy once you know how to do it and how to get decent scores (which you should if you have the decay charms and raise the stats correctly). Hyper mode is a different story though, for an S rank hyper mode you'll usually need at least one modifier (i go for a super break on the last song).

2) Personally i focus on 2 areas and just do a paid promotion whenever it is available in one of these areas. Generally you don't have to follow a guide on a week to week basis, it's hardly possible anyway since there are a bunch of randomised elements.

3) Yes, you will miss out on the lower tier promotions that way. But the higher tier promotions give better rewards anyway. If you want to see them all for the sake of seeing them i guess it will be hard to get the true end (since you must do a promotion on almost every week if you want to see all for all 3 idols).

4) Reporters are a nice bonus, but they are by no means necessary in normal mode. Get them if you can, but don't go too far out of your way to get them unless you have trouble (the voltage boosting reporter can be helpful for festivals)

5) The number of sales of a new song depends on the number of fans and the color of the smilie in an area. The smilie will translate into a multiplier (something like 0.2 for the worst and 0.9 for the best, but i don't know the numbers, you can just look it up if you are interested in the details). The national audition rises the smilie in all areas and thus increases your sales by quite a bit since the multiplier of all areas gets better. The impact gets much greater later on since you still have a lot of fans in "abandoned"/completed areas and getting those fans to actually buy your CD is a good idea ;) So the idea behind the national audition is not to increase the number of fans in your current area, but to increase the sales of the song you are about to release.

By the way: You will have a lot of time left after completing all areas. Iirc (it's been quite some time since i played it the last time) i got about 10 weeks weeks or so in the end to do whatever i want.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 06, 2012, 06:28:03 pm »
Thank You Very Much!! That really cleared up alot confusion!  Seriously, I think you should start your own Walkthrough or FAQ, since you are really knowledgeable about this game.

5) The number of sales of a new song depends on the number of fans and the color of the smilie in an area. The smilie will translate into a multiplier (something like 0.2 for the worst and 0.9 for the best, but i don't know the numbers, you can just look it up if you are interested in the details). The national audition rises the smilie in all areas and thus increases your sales by quite a bit since the multiplier of all areas gets better. The impact gets much greater later on since you still have a lot of fans in "abandoned"/completed areas and getting those fans to actually buy your CD is a good idea ;) So the idea behind the national audition is not to increase the number of fans in your current area, but to increase the sales of the song you are about to release.

Okay, I have one last question before I start playing.  So the important thing on the Week of your song release is to do a National Audition to try to turn those faces to pink.  What if there are some areas don't become pink after a National Audition, since the attention rate is so low?  Should I do 2 National Auditions? One on the Week before the Release and one on the Week of the Release.

For example, Week 14 is your 2nd song release.  If the National Audition is not enough to turn all faces to pink on Week 14, then should I do 2 National Auditions?  One on Week 13 and one on Week 14.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:59:59 pm by mariokirby »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 07, 2012, 12:21:08 am »
no, stuff like this isn't necessary. you could do it for 2 songs or so, but there is only a limted number of national auditions available. Once you have completed one, it won't be available anymore in this playthrough. But really, there is no need to worry about it in normal mode. The national audition isn't mandatory either, it just helps and this is why it's often recommended.

And thanks, but that's way to much work :p I worked a bit on the wiki you linked and that was already more than enough work. No FAQ/Walkthorugh will clear up evey answer people have. A lot of the stuff i wrote in the last post is already somewhere in the wiki (for example the math behind the sales numbers), it's just a matter of finding it. And some experience with the game.

But seriously: if you go for the dual appeal strategy with decay rate charms the game is really easy in normal mode, don't worry about it.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 07, 2012, 07:52:05 am »
Wow. I had no idea that there are only a limited amount of National Auditions.  Anyways, looks like I'm ready to start the 2nd playthrough and get the True Ending.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 10, 2012, 12:42:54 am »
Okay, I'm on Week 4 and I have a question.

What is this DLC Mail boost that the Guide says in the FAQ section?  It's right here http://imas2.wota.info/basic-information/frequently-asked-questions
   I have the DLC Mail for Chihaya and she has been sending texts for Weeks 1,2, and 3.  The guide says there is suppose to be a Mobile Phone Mark in the upper right corner, but I don't see it when the idols are in the office.

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #711 on: September 10, 2012, 01:41:05 am »
Not every mail gets the bonus. Event mails (like the ones during weeks 1-3) cannot trigger the bonus. If you do trigger the bonus, the mail icon will appear after you close the phone menu, before the loading screen for the next week.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 11, 2012, 07:24:46 am »
Thanks for the reply.  I appreciate it.

Heattokun

• huuuuuur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 19, 2012, 05:03:37 pm »
So, I got the PS3 version. Lets say I wanted to print out a strategy guide...what pages should I print out? Namely from here,the gameplay wiki,and the strategy wiki.
Generally all the info a regular strategy guide would have

KAWAII SENTAI LOLIRANGER.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 29, 2012, 09:06:05 pm »
  This is kind of weird.  During Weeks 1-3, I get those Event Mails from Chihaya.  Then I deleted my file and started a new game. 

During Weeks 1 and 2, I would get those Event Mail again, but this time those Mails are different from the Weeks 1 and 2 of the Previous Save File.  What's going on?  Can there be like 5 or 6 different mails for each week you're supposed to receive a mail?  So the game picks randomly picks which of those 5 or 6 different Mail you get for that week?

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 01, 2012, 04:31:06 am »
Hello, I have a problem with my S4U! and I don't know what to do...

I had bought Furu Furu Future and it worked an all. But then when I played it today, for some reason, it was gone and a duplicate of I Want was in it's place.

Is there ANY way to fix this because I am mad and I don't want to rebuy the thing and I don't know what to do!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

Chiz

• Afuu~!
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #716 on: November 01, 2012, 07:16:11 am »
Did you check if you still had Catalog 12 installed? Maybe try re-downloading the catalog from the JPSN store. I do believe the store keeps track of what you have bought and would not allow you to re-purchase it anyhow.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 01, 2012, 11:07:08 pm »
Try to make sure you have the Actual Catalog installed.  The song will not appear in S4U! unless you downloaded the Catalog Installation.  Don't worry, Downloading the Installation File for a specific Catalog is Free.

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 02, 2012, 10:28:38 pm »
Ok it's fixed itself somewhat but now there's another problem. I bought Mahou Wo Kakete and Colorful Days and downloaded the catalog and everything, but when I went to S4U! It wasn't there and now I have Furu Furu Future again and I have 2 duplicates of Colorful Days; but no Mahou Wo Kakete...

I don't know what's going on. Help. :'( :'( :'(
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

Chiz

• Afuu~!
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #719 on: November 02, 2012, 11:23:20 pm »
This sounds like a funny situation (not in the "lol" sense). Have you tried restarting the PS3 and checking to see if each catalog (10 and 13) was installed properly?