Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 153812 times)

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #690 on: August 22, 2012, 11:40:12 pm »
3.  On the second play through, should I use the Singular Focused Style or the Two-Focused Style?

It's a matter of personal opinion, but I found the Two-Focused one to be good if you have the two focus amulets.

deadsnake

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 23, 2012, 07:34:17 am »

2.  In addition, I beat the game. After the ending, credits, and the stuff you unlocked, I was given a choice to say "yes" or "no".  Is that telling you if you want to save your file or not?  I picked "yes", and I noticed my file for my idols is now gone.  What if I had said "no"?

if u said no, u will have ur idol unit stay intact within the game but the game will not recognize that u have finished the game, it affects ur producer lv., funds, and maybe unlockables(not sure though)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 23, 2012, 08:44:33 am »
1.  So that what the text in red means in the guide.  However, what about the text in blue and it says "bad" next to it? It's right here http://imas2.wota.info/idol-specific-communication/kisaragi-chihaya
It seems those blue promotions are the same promotions as the one above it.  Why don't the other Promotions have a "bad" version?

Using these answers will piss of your idol. Some people like to mess with them, be it just for fun or to test some thing or for whatever reason, this information can help them with that. They aren't there for all promotions simply because it isn't of interest for most people.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 24, 2012, 08:19:47 am »
Thanks Everyone! I really appreciate it!

It's a matter of personal opinion, but I found the Two-Focused one to be good if you have the two focus amulets.

1.  The question is, how many times should I level up the Primary Stat?  The Max Image level is 16, so how much should I level up the Primary stat before moving on to the Secondary Stat?

2. Also, What is this about Bursting at the end of the song? I usually burst immediately when the Voltage Guage fills completely.  Don't you get a lot points if you burst a couple of times during the song?  Will my tactic help me get the True Ending on my Second Playthrough?  Or should I Burst at the end of the song?

2.I'm playing the PS3 Version, and I have noticed that the Idols never sent me a text message during the game.  I think I remembered someone playing the Xbox 360 Version, and that person received a text message from an idol during the game.  Is it random?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:32:17 am by mariokirby »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 24, 2012, 09:38:54 am »
Thanks Everyone! I really appreciate it!

1.  The question is, how many times should I level up the Primary Stat?  The Max Image level is 16, so how much should I level up the Primary stat before moving on to the Secondary Stat?

2. Also, What is this about Bursting at the end of the song? I usually burst immediately when the Voltage Guage fills completely.  Don't you get a lot points if you burst a couple of times during the song?  Will my tactic help me get the True Ending on my Second Playthrough?  Or should I Burst at the end of the song?

2.I'm playing the PS3 Version, and I have noticed that the Idols never sent me a text message during the game.  I think I remembered someone playing the Xbox 360 Version, and that person received a text message from an idol during the game.  Is it random?

1) Level up your primary stat until it's maxed out, then start training your secondary stat. If you don't play Hyper mode do that until you reach Image Level 14 which is good enough to win everything and it gives you the best producer rank. Remember, a maxed out stat isn't a full bar, use the image here https://sites.google.com/site/imas2strategy/unit-statistics/image-level as a reference.

2) Bursting at the last possible appeal let's you get more points because you can finish the whole burst even though there wouldn't be any more normal appeals, so the burst doesn't replace your normal appeals. Since the burst appeal score solely depending on your unity score and the appeal multiplier you usually loose points by bursting mid song in the beginning of the game. Around week 35 (iirc) bursting during the song becomes a good idea, usually you can burst twice in a song, so the first time would be immediately after your voltage gauge is full and the second time on the last appeal of a song.

3) It's a DLC, you can buy it for each idol separately. Once you have the DLC for the idol they randomly send you text messages (if they are in your unit) and sometimes you get a boost for a few weeks out of it.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 25, 2012, 09:06:34 am »
Thanks for your help Naryoril!  I really appreciate it! 

I'm really sorry but, I have one last question...

Okay, I'm trying to get the True Ending.  According to the Guide http://imas2.wota.info/strategy/the-path-to-perfect-domination-of-idol-academy, it says do an area audition on Week 6 (The Week your 1st song gets released).  I'm not sure if I understand the mechanics, but why not a Live or a National Audition instead?

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 25, 2012, 04:32:56 pm »
Well it also says:

If you have the confidence to reliably get into the top 20 then on week 6, rather than taking an area audition, it is possible to take a national audition instead. Auditions which can be taken at this stage in the game will vanish once your position in the charts increases, so you might as well use them up while you can.

Really, you can do whichever. It's almost always best to do National.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 26, 2012, 06:51:20 am »
Thanks for the reply Daverost.

Okay, I talked about earlier about the Text Message DLC.  So I was checking the DLC Catalog on the PSN Store and I saw the Text Messages in Catalog 1.  However, when I checked the other Catalogs, those have the Text Messaging DLC as well.  Why are there Text Messages DLC in almost every Catalog?  Are they all the same or are they different?

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 26, 2012, 10:46:22 am »
Thanks for the reply Daverost.

Okay, I talked about earlier about the Text Message DLC.  So I was checking the DLC Catalog on the PSN Store and I saw the Text Messages in Catalog 1.  However, when I checked the other Catalogs, those have the Text Messaging DLC as well.  Why are there Text Messages DLC in almost every Catalog?  Are they all the same or are they different?

They're the one and the same. There's a weird oddity in the DLC packs though.

For the unlock complete extra item for catalog 1, and for some of the other catalogs, you require all the cell numbers. (Despite claims, I can confirm it counts for both the PS3 and 360 versions for catalog 1, and oddly enough, Catalog 7 360.)

There's only one bunch of phone packs though - once you grab all of them for one catalog, they count towards the unlock for any others.

It's a DLC specific thing, and you don't need it really either way, unless you want to start unlocking DLC content.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 26, 2012, 08:10:49 pm »
Thank you for clearing the confusion Setsuna!  I really appreciate it!

Okay, So I bought the Text Message DLC for Chihaya.  I noticed in the two screenshots of that DLC, One Screen shot shows Chihaya's Text Message, and the other shows a picture of Chihaya on the phone.  Does that picture on the phone means there is a Video Chat with your Idol as well?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:11:19 pm by mariokirby »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 28, 2012, 09:07:45 am »
no, but the idols sometimes send a picture with their text message.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 30, 2012, 06:03:12 pm »
Thank You for your help Naryoril!

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 30, 2012, 08:32:34 pm »
I have my 100, 000 fans in the 中央 area, but the utahime utaouji festival isn't showing up anywhere. I there another requirement i missed?

deadsnake

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 30, 2012, 09:53:47 pm »
iirc, you need to be on the top 20 of dotop's tv rank

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 30, 2012, 10:04:07 pm »
oh, well gdi I'm rank 22
Aw well, first play through. You live and you learn. Thanks!