Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 154200 times)

BadBoy25

• Apprentice
  • 765 Production Ltd.
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #675 on: July 25, 2012, 12:14:58 am »
Welcome!  ;D
You should choose a song with very high bpm (longer combo = more extra points) and save a burst appeal for the very last (playable) moment of the song. Well, this is just what I read online, my highest score is about 62-63k.  :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:17:17 am by BadBoy25 »

AweOfShe

• 真のアイドルマスター
    • View Profile
    • Streaming random games at random times, live.
« Reply #676 on: July 25, 2012, 01:06:29 am »
Jun Ataka should help a bit too, if your Danketsu is maxed. I had him as my reporter when I broke ~80k. I never attempted to max the score, but I kind of want to try now. ;D
NNID - Daioujou | 3DS FC - 0559 7548 8384
XBL/PSN/Steam - AweOfShe1

deadsnake

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 25, 2012, 03:38:13 pm »
last moment burst is what I've been doing all this time and it goes nowhere beyond 65k

i'll try using jun ataka on my next play...

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 10, 2012, 10:05:16 pm »
I have two questions

1.  Okay, I met with the Ryuugu Komachi Unit in both Week 10 and Week 21 and both of those weeks had a decision.  What are those Decisions all about?

2.  I made it to the top 50 around week 25 and afterwards I get a scene where you meet Ritsuko in the office.  Afterwards you get a decision.  What is that decision all about?  It is not there in the Guide.

Logan

• ζ*'ヮ')ζ<はーん
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 11, 2012, 04:29:03 pm »
In order to unlock the festival stages you don't perform on, do you have to lose the festival in order to unlock it?

deadsnake

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 11, 2012, 08:51:02 pm »
I have two questions

1.  Okay, I met with the Ryuugu Komachi Unit in both Week 10 and Week 21 and both of those weeks had a decision.  What are those Decisions all about?

2.  I made it to the top 50 around week 25 and afterwards I get a scene where you meet Ritsuko in the office.  Afterwards you get a decision.  What is that decision all about?  It is not there in the Guide.

lemme try to answer each one of them(I hope I'm not wrong :( )

1. CMIIW, but AFAIK those "decisions" on the weeks where u meet ryugu komachi on a fest doesn't have any particular known effect as of now(based on the guide I read)

2. when u say guide, which guide do you refer to?

there's a portion of it in the guide, named akizuki ritsuko under the "idol specific communication", it gives you the correct choices for a certain week and as for the weeks that aren't included, it is said that it doesn't matter what u choose

assuming you're following the previously given choices which will get u to a certain level of ritsuko's impression then u don't really have to choose the correct answer for the unlisted choices. u will unlock a trophy related to her afterwards if u do this successfully

======unrelated to the question======

how do you beat vesperia fest?
a lv.5 heart appeal doesn't seem to guarantee victory, any amulets that I can use to abuse these lv.5 heart appeals?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 08:54:44 pm by deadsnake »

~Lyssa~

• Apprentice
  • ★ídσl príncєss★
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 12, 2012, 12:47:50 am »

Now this is just a guess for your first question but I'm in my 5th/6th playthrough now... and I noticed the "unimportant" questions for RK seem to maybe affect the "smiley face( friendship?)" level thingy when you choose Quintet Live events? It just seems through each playthrough - I get a different outcome. My last one - only Azusa and Ritsuko had somewhat "okay" faces and showed up to my quintet lives, meanwhile Iori and Ami had "-_-" kind of faces... I'm not saying this is factual... just something I noticed as I play through the game each time with outcomes differing between which girls like my unit/show up to quintets... I could be completely wrong though.

deadsnake

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 12, 2012, 04:12:50 pm »
Now this is just a guess for your first question but I'm in my 5th/6th playthrough now... and I noticed the "unimportant" questions for RK seem to maybe affect the "smiley face( friendship?)" level thingy when you choose Quintet Live events? It just seems through each playthrough - I get a different outcome. My last one - only Azusa and Ritsuko had somewhat "okay" faces and showed up to my quintet lives, meanwhile Iori and Ami had "-_-" kind of faces... I'm not saying this is factual... just something I noticed as I play through the game each time with outcomes differing between which girls like my unit/show up to quintets... I could be completely wrong though.

wow, never came into my mind.... we need a way to confirm it, up till now I've never seen a guide mentioning about this possibility

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 13, 2012, 10:57:02 pm »
A few questions

1.  Okay. So everytime I leave it up to the idols to let them do the lessons or concerts themselves, I get three choices.  Which choice is the one where you tell them to do the best they can?

2.  I made it to the top 20.  Afterwards I was successful at the Live.  I know there is an Encore after each Concert, but when I did Live I get a set of Choices.  Then after picking one choice, I get Another set of Choices.  What are those decisions all about?

3. On the Guide, it lists the correct choices to make when communicating with the idols.  However, what does the text in red mean?  Here is the link, http://imas2.wota.info/idol-specific-communication/kisaragi-chihaya

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:25:52 pm by mariokirby »

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 17, 2012, 12:39:11 pm »
1. Don't leave it to the idols. Ever. There's no benefit and all that happens is that they're more likely to skip work later.

3. Red events are events that have no choices. They usually show up after you've done all of them. They last about 20-30 seconds at best.

Not sure about #2. I'd have to be watching you play to remember which choices are what, honestly.

AweOfShe

• 真のアイドルマスター
    • View Profile
    • Streaming random games at random times, live.
« Reply #685 on: August 17, 2012, 02:45:50 pm »
The penalty on the 360 version seemed to be less significant, IMO. Whenever I did a Utahime Festival on it, I always left it to the idols, and always won with little to no consequence. XD The PS3 version doesn't let you, but I think it's a good thing, seeing as the chances of them skipping work / being tired are a lot higher on this version when you leave it up to the idols... Unless that's just my imagination.

The decisions I am assuming is if you want your encore to be a solo performance, or a duo performance (or not doing it at all). Afterwards you get to choose the song and formation? It's been awhile since I've played it, so it's kind of a blur at the moment.
NNID - Daioujou | 3DS FC - 0559 7548 8384
XBL/PSN/Steam - AweOfShe1

deadsnake

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 19, 2012, 04:01:41 am »
iirc

after a successful live(non quintet live), after the encore you will be given a set of choices,
duo,solo,the last option is not choosing either if im not mistaken

after choosing either solo nor duo,i believe u will be given options to change songs or just perform ur 2nd encore

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 19, 2012, 06:30:00 am »

3. Red events are events that have no choices. They usually show up after you've done all of them. They last about 20-30 seconds at best.

When it says, "after you have done all of them". Is it talking about doing all the promotions and publicities for that particular idol?  Or just the Promotions alone for that particular idol?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:40:45 pm by mariokirby »

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #688 on: August 22, 2012, 09:32:13 pm »
They start appearing when you complete enough (paid) promotions with each member. They won't appear if you've only done promotions with one or two members.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 22, 2012, 09:54:29 pm »
I have a few questions

1.  So that what the text in red means in the guide.  However, what about the text in blue and it says "bad" next to it? It's right here http://imas2.wota.info/idol-specific-communication/kisaragi-chihaya
It seems those blue promotions are the same promotions as the one above it.  Why don't the other Promotions have a "bad" version?

2.  In addition, I beat the game. After the ending, credits, and the stuff you unlocked, I was given a choice to say "yes" or "no".  Is that telling you if you want to save your file or not?  I picked "yes", and I noticed my file for my idols is now gone.  What if I had said "no"?

3.  On the second play through, should I use the Singular Focused Style or the Two-Focused Style?