Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 153561 times)

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #615 on: May 27, 2012, 08:32:35 pm »
No idea. I've only noticed it after you can't appeal anymore because it's kinda hard to keep a constant eye on the Voltage meter. I've seen it in auditions and festivals, but I'm not sure if it shows up in lives or quintet lives. It just pops up in the middle of the song at some point under some condition on the far left side of the Voltage meter.

EDIT: I took a picture. This one showed up in a festival.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/daverost/5af7a0c8.jpg
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 09:06:43 pm by Daverost »

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 28, 2012, 01:06:04 am »
Separate issue: I know I'm not doing anything wrong, but it feels like I am. I've done something like 20-25 Lives and can't trigger a Keep to save my life. I'm using a member's personal song (Haruka/GO MY WAY!!) and I'm using a set of matching accessories to boost lucky star gain. I know we already cleared it up, but I'm seriously starting to wonder if it shows up on the week I perform the Live or the week after, because this is ridiculous. But I'm trusting you guys that it happens on the week I perform the Live.

Also, I just saw that light in the Voltage bar in a Live, so I guess it shows up in any performance. I lost that one, though, and had to retry (the accessory set is killing my point gain), so I didn't see if it did anything.

Honestly, my assumption from the start has been that that thing indicates a sales effect, but I usually don't quality for whatever it is at the time I get one.

EDIT: Totally unrelated, but I'll need it for the next song: When you're doing Quintet Lives, what affects the intimacy of the available guests? It seems like the only ones above the lowest level are Ritsuko, Ryuugu Komachi, and the idols I used in my unit in the previous game.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:59:41 am by Daverost »

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
« Reply #617 on: May 28, 2012, 02:42:34 am »
Separate issue: I know I'm not doing anything wrong, but it feels like I am. I've done something like 20-25 Lives and can't trigger a Keep to save my life. I'm using a member's personal song (Haruka/GO MY WAY!!) and I'm using a set of matching accessories to boost lucky star gain. I know we already cleared it up, but I'm seriously starting to wonder if it shows up on the week I perform the Live or the week after, because this is ridiculous. But I'm trusting you guys that it happens on the week I perform the Live.

Achieving a Keep is done by luck just like a Revival and a Break, I think. You have to keep resetting until you get it.

As for the starts in the voltage meter, they appear when you get a perfect appeal... not for any other ones

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:54:23 am by chikorita157 »

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 28, 2012, 02:53:10 am »
I'm still at it. I've been doing about 10 an hour, and I think I'm up to about 70 resets. Is this normal, even for Hyper? <.<
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 04:48:58 am by Daverost »

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 28, 2012, 04:50:04 am »
As for the starts in the voltage meter, they appear when you get a perfect appeal... not for any other ones

http://skitch.chikorita157.com/Live_Recording_-_2012_05_22_8_07%E5%8D%88%E5%BE%8C-20120527-205224.png

Nah, not those. This one is static (it doesn't go away and is always in the same place) and lasts even after the scoring part of the song is over. That screenshot I posted was from when I couldn't appeal anymore but before the song finished.

Still no Keep, but I discovered something about that darned light in question. It will never show up when you finish a song on a Burst. You have to finish with a normal appeal. Haven't tested a Memory Appeal. It also only shows up after the very last appeal, never before.

And of course, it has nothing to do with a sales status, because I still don't have a Keep. That does raise the question of just what it does/means, though.

EDIT: The final appeal can be a Memory Appeal. The Voltage gauge cannot be full. Best as I can tell, whether or not you have a perfect chain by the end of the song doesn't really matter.

This thing is... weird.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:05:45 am by Daverost »

Funkies

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 28, 2012, 06:29:12 am »

Welcome to pain, it's really awful.  I'm in the same rut currently, though only up to the 15th attempt.  It's not a personal song (Jibun REST@RT), but Lucky Stars still pop up pretty often.  Out of all the sales statuses I've gone for in Hyper, Keep seems to be pretty difficult to activate.  Granted I've not forced a Super Break before in Hyper, and it sounds even rarer according to posts in this thread.

I've only had this much trouble this time around though.  Before this I was able to get a Keep with under 10 attempts.  The accessory sets are a pain, I didn't use them until Hyper.  At times it's irritating to use one and only a small amount of Lucky Stars pop up.  Though that's not an indication of success, as I've had many pop up with no sales state change where just a few otherwise did the trick.

Chihaya also can't make up her mind if she likes the Pac-Man set or not.  Mami and Makoto seem to like it, so too bad... you're wearing it.

It does indeed appear on the same week.  Stay at it, or try a different tactic in a later week if it grates too much on your nerves.

EDIT: Totally unrelated, but I'll need it for the next song: When you're doing Quintet Lives, what affects the intimacy of the available guests? It seems like the only ones above the lowest level are Ritsuko, Ryuugu Komachi, and the idols I used in my unit in the previous game.

I think it's how often you've produced the idol (be it as leader or support) and how often they've been invited in previous units.  Who's in the unit does to a degree as well it seems.  When using Yayoi for the first time Iori seemed to have around 10 invites on her tally when she was made available.  This unit is the first time I've had pink faces with invites and one of them hasn't been used all that much (in a unit or just simply invited).  I've only completed the Extra Episodes once each, so I'm unsure how much that will affect invites.

I don't have any blue statuses anymore, so as time goes on it gets much easier to invite anyone it seems.

As for the light, could it indicate that you have Voltage you couldn't fill prior to the song ending?  I'm just guessing, I really don't know.  I've seen it before as well, I'm just at a loss as to what it may specifically mean.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 28, 2012, 06:42:03 am »
Trying not to constantly bump this, so I waited on someone else to post >.>

Those with Hyper experience: If I hit Top 50 in the first song and Top 20 in the second, should I kill myself over a Keep on the fourth release or will I survive just going along as normal and then busting out a Super Break and either a Keep or regular Break (or both?) on the fifth song? I don't have any intention to do a Revival on the fourth song, so I'm not sure how much I need to push the sales of it.

My intention is S Rank, of course.

As for the light, could it indicate that you have Voltage you couldn't fill prior to the song ending?  I'm just guessing, I really don't know.  I've seen it before as well, I'm just at a loss as to what it may specifically mean.

Well the weird thing about it is that it doesn't always light up.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:44:00 am by Daverost »

Funkies

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 28, 2012, 07:37:30 am »

That's what it's here for!  If it's on-topic, I can't see it bein' a problem for others!

Those with Hyper experience: If I hit Top 50 in the first song and Top 20 in the second, should I kill myself over a Keep on the fourth release or will I survive just going along as normal and then busting out a Super Break and either a Keep or regular Break (or both?) on the fifth song? I don't have any intention to do a Revival on the fourth song, so I'm not sure how much I need to push the sales of it.

Ideally you could survive just fine without a Super Break, even for S Rank.  It would be a good idea to toss in a Keep on the 4th or 5th.  Have you considered a Revival for an earlier release?  It does sell mostly like a new release (just at 0.8 instead of 1), so the 2nd release you used to break Top 20 with will have the added benefit of a cushion underneath it already.  The 3rd is also a good one to use, since it generally has higher numbers when it finishes selling.  The 4th or 5th I usually ignore with Revivals, since it's usually hectic with Utahime/ouji Festivals opening.

I doesn't seem like much, but tied into a National Audition can really cause it to take off.  I used one on the 1st release right before selecting the 3rd.  Now at five weeks later it's sitting at #2 (this was post Top 20).  If you are getting down to the wire (week 45 or so), it'd be best to try for a Revival if RK's Nanairo Button is shooting up the charts and the concern is that your unit will not be unable to catch up with it.  If the Keep leaves you disappointed (or hopelessly wanting), it may well be worth a Revival down the line.

Your first chance for a Break is Week 48, and it may be more frustrating having to face off against an opponent for it to happen.  I would definitely try for something by then.  If you don't want to retry two weeks (Quintet Live -> National Audition) repeatedly for a Super Break, perhaps switch the two events around?  At 2.5 times power, mostly yellow faces will still net you a much higher spot with the added perk of only having to retry the Quintet Live.  If possible toss in two National Auditions beforehand, then you'll at least have one pink and the rest at yellow.

At the very least a Break on Week 51 (or 52), as I recall somewhere in this thread that it still does sell on Week 55.  If I'm wrong about that, then Week 51.  Just make sure that everything sells above the 5.5 million mark.  With at least causing a couple of sales state changes this shouldn't be difficult.

I'll see if I can't keep track of it through the rest of this run.  I also wonder what the significance is, so it's worth keeping an eye on.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 28, 2012, 09:35:37 am »
I'm still at it. I've been doing about 10 an hour, and I think I'm up to about 70 resets. Is this normal, even for Hyper? <.<

Yes.

Sometimes, the odds go down so much in Hyper for various effects to be pulled off, that it's incredibly unlikely (or even downright impossible) to pull them off.

For an idea, I've pulled off ONE Super Break in Hyper.

After about 300 attempts.

You get used to it, which means you sort of plan your way around it.

Generally executing special effects in Hyper (in particular) are more advisable LATE in the idol season.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 28, 2012, 09:44:10 am »

Your goal is to sell 6 million CDs Total.
Your other goal is to make a number 1 somewhere along the line. (You can make it in release 3 if you know how to)

Odds are to pull off the second statement, you'll pull the first, by accident.

Basically it comes down to this:

If you intend to do a release 5 for the number 1, what you must beat (With either a break on release 4, a keep or a super break) is 3 million, as chances are (unless your attack timing is GOOD) you will have to beat Nana Iro Button, which sells at 3 million copies.

If you attempt a release 4, your target is (from memory) 2.2 million sales.

Release 3 is about 1.5 or so, from memory (basically what you'd need to achieve in normal at week 54 to get through) although you're usually about 20 weeks shorter to attempt it.

If you think you can't sell 6 million CD sales total without doing a special, or you can make a drive to take number 1, then do what it takes.

If not, you have to keep in mind anything that doesn't directly address the two above points is pointless (as you have other objectives to complete) and you would be best to address those, since time is valuable, in Hyper anyway.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 28, 2012, 06:00:44 pm »
Okay, so just condensing these last few posts, I get:
- Sales status changes are stupid rare, but you're going to need at least one.
- It's okay if you don't finish at #1, as long as you hit it at some point before it gets overtaken.

At the very least a Break on Week 51 (or 52), as I recall somewhere in this thread that it still does sell on Week 55.  If I'm wrong about that, then Week 51.

It definitely sells on the last week. I was tracking my sales on my first run.

Funkies

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 29, 2012, 04:19:31 am »
Okay, so just condensing these last few posts, I get:
- Sales status changes are stupid rare, but you're going to need at least one.
- It's okay if you don't finish at #1, as long as you hit it at some point before it gets overtaken.

Possibly two sales status changes.  Just watch your sales total when the 5th release starts selling and figure it from there.  Everything else is on the money.

It definitely sells on the last week. I was tracking my sales on my first run.

Excellent, I appreciate the confirmation.  I gave up at Week 52 on a Break once, since I figured it wouldn't finish selling at that point.  These things are good to know!

Sparkle Pipsi

• Greenhorn
  • afu ~~
    • View Profile
    • www.sparklepipsi.com
« Reply #627 on: June 03, 2012, 11:26:51 am »
The sales state changes in this game are baffling and frustrating, to be sure ^^;;. I'm currently week 43 (hyper mode), trying to get a revival before RK passes me and leaves me in the dust... I'm trying to do get it on my third release though, since it's higher on the charts than my 4th. About a million resets later, I've started to wonder... the reason my third release is currently highest on the charts is because I got a break with it earlier on (the status has since worn off). Would that prevent it from achieving another status later in the game, or...? I don't see why it would, but kinda like Daverost I've reset so many times I'm starting to second guess myself... >__>;  Anyone have any experience with this?

I guess this is still my first hyper mode playthru so if I can't get my "All S" ending I can aim for it next produce but... dang it, I'm so close!! Just need that #1 ^^;;

Proud member of Angel Hearts Idolm@ster Cosplay Dance Troupe! <3

Current costume project: STARRY!!

Funkies

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 04, 2012, 05:56:25 am »
I've started to wonder... the reason my third release is currently highest on the charts is because I got a break with it earlier on (the status has since worn off). Would that prevent it from achieving another status later in the game, or...? I don't see why it would, but kinda like Daverost I've reset so many times I'm starting to second guess myself... >__>;  Anyone have any experience with this?

I don't see why it should.  I've had Revivals go off on the same release twice (much later after the first status had finished), though arguably that was in Normal.  Ummm... I can't confirm or deny for Hyper.  I wish I could, and perhaps if I can move past this point I've been stuck at I'll try to get two on the same release.  Currently it's not a question of still-trying-for-a-Keep-and-it-not-happening... but rather video-gaming-TV-is-occupied-by-others.  I'm at 25 attempts, and I suppose this mode is perfect for causing doubts.

I'm going to try to move past it tonight.  I'll try to get the first one to do a Revival again, in which case I can't imagine any other status being unavailable for this action.  I could be wrong but so far no information points to a Revival being unusable in Hyper on a release that had a status which has worn off.  Don't let those doubts set ya back too much, keep appealing along until that status hits I'll suggest.  If the story starts to get away too much from ya, there is indeed always next round to go for all S.

Either which way you take it, good luck with your unit!

I guess this is still my first hyper mode playthru so if I can't get my "All S" ending I can aim for it next produce but... dang it, I'm so close!! Just need that #1 ^^;;

Hyper has me thinkin' the same way.  I gave up the first couple of runs just to advance the story.  When Producer level tops out, it doesn't seem quite worth it to maintain that 10.  I think for whatever mode I play next, I'll be more than happy to drop down to 8 just to avoid this frustration.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 04, 2012, 01:02:10 pm »
Yeah, I was initially going to run 3 Hypers at S to push to 10 in the fewest number of games. I quickly changed my mind on that. Now I regret using Hibiki for my Hyper run because I'll have to put it off so I don't have to do Hyper more than once.

In all honesty, Hyper's not that bad, but the way they nerfed sales state change rates makes it damn near impossible to do consistently.