Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 153621 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #600 on: May 24, 2012, 03:37:22 pm »
According to the strategy site, a quintet live where the guests don't show up gives a Keep, so yes, it counts as a normal Live.

Well, i'm the one who wrote that part on the strategy site according to my experience. There were rumors that you can only get a super break when the guests show up for a long time. But proving something does NOT happen is incredibly hard, since you could just have had bad luck. That's also why it's not written as a fact on the site but more as "it looks like".

The startegy site basically is a translation of the japanese wiki (i was not involved with the translation). The guy who made the translation and i then restructured several things and added our own experiences and some new features (for example the sound files to show the last beat of a song were a pain to make). Some things are also inspired from the old english wiki. The information on there is great, but not very comprehensive, like it doesn't list any of the correct answers in the visual novel parts of the game. We also adapted the content to a PS3 default, while the japanese wiki uses the XBox version as default.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 24, 2012, 04:25:50 pm »
Oh, you wrote that XD

Well, I guess it's worth further experimentation, but it'll be a while before I try to chip in. I've also never failed to have a guest show up. *Fingers crossed*

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 24, 2012, 09:39:16 pm »
The information on there is great, but not very comprehensive, like it doesn't list any of the correct answers in the visual novel parts of the game.

Woah! Wait a minute! Naryoril you said the those correct responses in the guide are not actually the correct ones?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:41:51 pm by mariokirby »

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 24, 2012, 11:00:57 pm »
Every one I've tried so far has been correct. Maybe they meant the ones for the general story? The ones that don't affect anything? Even if they don't affect the outcome, there are still "right answers", like whether or not you get Touma's name right.

The only one I remember having trouble with was one of Chihaya's. The answers for the bad communication on one job were there, but not the correct answers. This has since been fixed.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 24, 2012, 11:53:56 pm »
Woah! Wait a minute! Naryoril you said the those correct responses in the guide are not actually the correct ones?

No worries, they are correct as far as i know. They were taken from the japanese wiki (assuming those on the japanese wiki were correct).

I meant the "old" english wiki doesn't list the correct answers, or rather, it doesn't list any answers in the story sequences at all. It lists the correct answers for the daily communication though.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 25, 2012, 12:59:52 am »
I had a friend tell me that since that old one was for the Xbox 360 version that there were apparently morning communication answers in the PS3 version that were new and that it didn't cover them all.

Honestly, I never cross-checked them.

AweOfShe

• 真のアイドルマスター
    • View Profile
    • Streaming random games at random times, live.
« Reply #606 on: May 25, 2012, 03:31:32 am »
I didn't notice any difference between the two versions of morning communications... but then again, I played both versions so much that most of my memories blended together anyways. >_>
NNID - Daioujou | 3DS FC - 0559 7548 8384
XBL/PSN/Steam - AweOfShe1

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 25, 2012, 04:52:33 am »
Every one I've tried so far has been correct. Maybe they meant the ones for the general story? The ones that don't affect anything? Even if they don't affect the outcome, there are still "right answers", like whether or not you get Touma's name right.

The only one I remember having trouble with was one of Chihaya's. The answers for the bad communication on one job were there, but not the correct answers. This has since been fixed.

I'm sorry, But when you said Chihaya, do you know which decision was giving you trouble?  My leader right now is Chihaya.

Also, How do I know which is the correct decision if you are talking to Touma since the guide doesn't say anything about it.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 25, 2012, 06:24:24 am »
I'm sorry, But when you said Chihaya, do you know which decision was giving you trouble?  My leader right now is Chihaya.

Also, How do I know which is the correct decision if you are talking to Touma since the guide doesn't say anything about it.

Normal promotion, bottom tier, the only one that says "Bad" next to it, the one in blue.

As far as the Touma one, it's not important. You can screw it up and nothing happens. He just walks up and you're supposed to remember his name. If you get it wrong he just gets a little upset and the conversation moves on like nothing happened. Kinda funny, honestly. Worth screwing up on purpose. I was just using it as an example of questions that probably didn't have answers on there because they didn't need to be there, even though there was a "right" answer.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 25, 2012, 08:07:12 am »
Normal promotion, bottom tier, the only one that says "Bad" next to it, the one in blue.

I think the blue texts events are the same events as the one above it.  I think Setsuna said that the ones in blue are just there if you really want to make the idol very angry.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 25, 2012, 03:38:37 pm »
They are, but there were no Perfect Communication answers at the time I came across it initially.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 26, 2012, 08:38:12 pm »
This may be a dumb question but... How do you save in the game?  It seems the only way to save is when the entire week is over.  Is there a way to save in the middle of he week, so that I come back and continue from where I left off?

Funkies

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 27, 2012, 02:37:21 am »
No, there is no way to save except at the end of a game Week.  One may also skip saving on any week and play as many as they wish.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 27, 2012, 06:35:29 pm »
Anyone know what that little light is that sometimes appears in the Voltage meter?

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 27, 2012, 07:55:06 pm »
When does that light appear?