Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 153800 times)

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #540 on: March 19, 2012, 09:57:00 pm »
So I lost my American ps3 account (The one that had all my saves data on it, which means something like 75% of Im@s trophies unlocked, and 7 playtroughs achieved on 9) and I can't do ''recovery password'' because I had put a random birthdate...OTL At least I didn't lose my DLC (since my Japanese account works fine).

So anyway, not trying to make you feel sorry for me, I just wanted to ask a question about amulets, since I'm starting all over. I already bought the 3 most important ones (Dance-Visual-Vocal appeals thingy), but there was that one amulet I used for Fes, I think it was a kind of bird, and it made the voltage bar increases super quickly. Can somebody tell me where I can find it? It was not that special one you get in the capital area, by the way.

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

That amulet is the Mushaharu's Secret Charm (which greatly increases voltage for perfect appeals and memory drives), which you can only obtain by getting 10,000 fans in the capital area, winning the Utahime-Utaōji Festival and then buying it for 100,000 money.

If you talking about the other one, I think it's the Nashida-san's Amulet...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:59:14 pm by chikorita157 »

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #541 on: March 19, 2012, 10:08:49 pm »
I think you're referring to Sugamo. Unfortunately, it becomes useless on higher difficulty festivals as one burst will make you lose (and they will burst at least once).

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
« Reply #542 on: March 20, 2012, 02:36:46 am »
I didn't realize that amulet... but I never got it since I won the Tokyo festival and didn't bother with it since the secret charm largely raises voltage from general and memory appeals without hampering the burst score. Sure the super increase in general appeal voltage is nice, but if your rival manages to get a burst, you're basically screwed.

MissDeidara

• Afuu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 21, 2012, 10:09:53 pm »
I think you're referring to Sugamo. Unfortunately, it becomes useless on higher difficulty festivals as one burst will make you lose (and they will burst at least once).

Yes, this one!
Well, I managed to finish 6 of my playtroughs with a good ending by using this one at every Fes (Though some of them WERE hard), but now that you mention it, maybe I should just buy that special one from the Tokyo Festival...

Thanks to both of you!
While being a fangirl of Touma, MissDeidara really enjoys beating this latter in Fes.

tomhoangle

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 18, 2012, 09:56:47 pm »
I hope I'm posting in the right thread, if not i apologize.

I recently got into idolm@ster 2, i was wondering if anyone know where we can find Japanese script for event in the game? Especially the story related part so i can at least use machine translation to understand some of it while playing the game. Thank you.

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 18, 2012, 10:03:14 pm »
I hope I'm posting in the right thread, if not i apologize.

I recently got into idolm@ster 2, i was wondering if anyone know where we can find Japanese script for event in the game? Especially the story related part so i can at least use machine translation to understand some of it while playing the game. Thank you.

An actual script? Haven't found any at all.
--Under Construction---

tomhoangle

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 18, 2012, 10:40:36 pm »
Well something like this http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Sugio/20070801

They got most of the event from Idolm@ster 1 which is awesome to run through machine translation like google while playing. I was hoping they might have done for sequel too but no luck finding so far.

furix

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 18, 2012, 10:42:47 pm »
Hmm... something like that would just be awesome. I'd love to see such a thing for imas2.

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 22, 2012, 06:23:29 pm »
Quick question: The English guide site's Beginner's Guide mentions a change in tactics between the first and second halves of the game. What's the turning point? I just finished week 21.

AweOfShe

• 真のアイドルマスター
    • View Profile
    • Streaming random games at random times, live.
« Reply #549 on: April 22, 2012, 08:25:05 pm »
Not sure what the guide tells you for tactics since I've never used it myself, but around that point of the game, I switched from heavy lessons, to mainly performing (or training + paid promotion, depending on which playthrough/how much money you have). Week 22-ish is where I switched what I did.
NNID - Daioujou | 3DS FC - 0559 7548 8384
XBL/PSN/Steam - AweOfShe1

satty

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 22, 2012, 10:28:47 pm »
Quick question: The English guide site's Beginner's Guide mentions a change in tactics between the first and second halves of the game. What's the turning point? I just finished week 21.

It's usually training from the week where you do the first debut, at week 4, to week 18 (with the exception of 1 week after you get your second song to do a nation-wide audition to keep interest). You should reach group level 16 when you're done. After that, it's just finishing up area fan counts and the festival to secure that area.
--Under Construction---

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 23, 2012, 07:00:25 am »
Well I tried switching it up from where I was, which has worked... well enough. I'm at week 42 now. Having a hard time breaking into the top 10. Closest I've been was 12.

Is there any way to know whether or not you've triggered a break or revival or something? My understanding is that it's like a status, so I guess I'd see it in the rankings? And is there any more to triggering a break other than spamming festivals? Does it matter what kind it is? (The low difficulty kind vs. the high difficulty against Shadow units?)

If this stuff is answered here already, I'll track it down if someone lets me know. I couldn't see it immediately in the wiki or the table of contents in this topic.

AweOfShe

• 真のアイドルマスター
    • View Profile
    • Streaming random games at random times, live.
« Reply #552 on: April 23, 2012, 07:49:16 am »
It'll be marked in the black box on the top right of the chart, when you highlight your song. There'll be either a pink emblem with Revival written in it, or a green one with Break written in. You can't miss it.

And don't worry if this run doesn't go as well as you thought it would. The subsequent runs will always be better. ;)
NNID - Daioujou | 3DS FC - 0559 7548 8384
XBL/PSN/Steam - AweOfShe1

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #553 on: April 23, 2012, 08:25:17 am »
The icon is really obvious when you get it. I would like to note that it is possible to get a true end on your very first run using only Miku/Ai/Eri/Ryo as your only paid DLC. I should record that sort of run one day.

satty

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 23, 2012, 08:36:31 am »
It'll be marked in the black box on the top right of the chart, when you highlight your song. There'll be either a pink emblem with Revival written in it, or a green one with Break written in. You can't miss it.

And don't worry if this run doesn't go as well as you thought it would. The subsequent runs will always be better. ;)

By chart, you mean the Dotop TV chart?
--Under Construction---