Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 153760 times)

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #525 on: February 16, 2012, 10:51:53 pm »
I have a question. I'm currently producing Yukiho as leader and I have Miki & Hibiki as backup. I'm focusing on the Visual Image with Dance being backup (if that makes sense). What would be the best charm/amulet to use to get more points for having high Visual? I'm still confused with the whole 'decay' thing so I'm not sure. (I mainly switch to Miki when doing lives and auditions for burst appeals since she has higher visual, but I keep Yukiho as leader during performances.)

You want to use an amulet that lowers decay for visual and dance. For that, Nikuwan's Amulet (にくワンのお守り) is what you are looking for, which will give a large decay decrease of the multiplier for Dance and Visual. When using it, do a dance appeal until visual multiplier goes up to 1.5x and then keep spamming visual until you get a burst appeal (also adjust accordingly to get a high burst rate appeal for that)

Garraboa

• Star earrings go with everything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 21, 2012, 07:59:32 am »
I have a question. On the PS3, does it explicitly show you when you achieve a keep on the rankings? The thing is, I'm on my 1st hyper run (12th run overall) and following this guide: http://imas2.wota.info/strategy/the-path-to-all-s-rank-on-hyper  I wasn't expecting to break into top 20 with my 2nd song since it didn't show any icon of the sort, yet, on the third week, i was already on top 20. Weird.

Something similar happened on my last normal run. I THINK I achieved two Keeps, because my first song made it's way to the top 10 by week 8 (or 9, I don't remember). I did two lives just after the national audition to get every area happy, but never once I saw a keep icon on the rankings (even though the wiki says it does on PS3 only). It's confusing the hell outta me :s

Also, any pointers on getting an S Ranking? I'm not really in the mood of doing more money runs for Hyper only. That mode eats money like crazy ;A;
Everyone should have their version of "GO MY WAY!!" and "relations"

Dreams won’t end just as dreams,so become my today!
I don’t mind getting hurt,I don’t mind if it’s difficult,ah~, I don’t mind any punishment, bring it on!

876 PRO, GO!!

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 21, 2012, 09:12:19 am »
yes, it does show a keep, i'v seen it several times

about eating money: it does at the beginning, but you also earn much much more when you do performances later on. so you'll probably walk away with more money than you started with

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 21, 2012, 12:07:37 pm »
I have a question. On the PS3, does it explicitly show you when you achieve a keep on the rankings? The thing is, I'm on my 1st hyper run (12th run overall) and following this guide: http://imas2.wota.info/strategy/the-path-to-all-s-rank-on-hyper  I wasn't expecting to break into top 20 with my 2nd song since it didn't show any icon of the sort, yet, on the third week, i was already on top 20. Weird.

Something similar happened on my last normal run. I THINK I achieved two Keeps, because my first song made it's way to the top 10 by week 8 (or 9, I don't remember). I did two lives just after the national audition to get every area happy, but never once I saw a keep icon on the rankings (even though the wiki says it does on PS3 only). It's confusing the hell outta me :s

Also, any pointers on getting an S Ranking? I'm not really in the mood of doing more money runs for Hyper only. That mode eats money like crazy ;A;

S rank is Hyper mode only - if you want to be sneaky about it, consider this - when you LOSE a festival, you still get paid for turning up.

This is fairly simple - if you can rank up to S rank in hyper mode in a hurry, it's 75k per week (as long as you don't end up getting the money boosting reporter, in which case you'll only get 40k, and if that's the case, you might as well do any of the other Level 11-12 events and win for the money)

That all being said, if you want to actually S rank hyper mode:

- Paid promotional events should be all you'll ever do, always coupled with a single time unit lesson. It's not uncommon to perform once per song release, and paid promotioning all the rest of the way.

- Early on if you can, focus your paid promotions on one or two regions. Later on you can use them to push a single region to its highest state.

- Don't bother with keeps, since you probably won't have the time for them, and it can mess with your attack order. When a Keep is in play, it freezes the counter for when you can release the next single. You can't release a single during certain weeks, so if you manage to push back the next available time to produce a single onto a week you can't produce, you have effectively a dead week. Do it too many times, and you won't have enough time tomake a break work at the tail end of the game.

- The week before release from the second song onwards, drop a national audition.

- You should break top 50 with song 1 (I wouldn't worry TOO much if you don't) and should break 20th with song 2 (at spot 20. Remember, if you're a thousand or so sales short, that a paid promotion will chip at sales of singles that have just released!). Just remember to do well at the performance prior to the song releasing.

- Either revive the 4th release, or break the 5th.

- Don't expect to make much. You'll spend a lot of money early on, and should if done right, recoup it with some cash on top at the very end.

Remember the requirements:

- Take out the Charts with a number 1 at any given time (You'll either need a revival or a break. If you luck out on a super break, all the better, but I've NEVER seen it work in Hyper mode)

- Sell at least 550k sales (This is the hardest, since it requires either a revival or a break to make the numbers)

- Image level 16 (So remember to train them up until you see 16.)

- No repeats at forced events (Although you should not have any trouble at this point. If you can do normal, hyper's story events are a walk in the park.)

- Score over 60000 points at any given event (You do get until week 53, so line up a good reporter and run an event over.)

- Take out all the regionals (Barring Tokyo's IA special event)

To do the last, you'll need 150000 fans before the regional in question will open. It is possible to open up a regional before the week 40 nomination. It's in fact possible to take out 3 regionals prior to week 40, although you will probably struggle winning one before week 20 (due to your Dankestsu being too low) and requires a fair bit of luck with the paid promotions to focus on one or two regions.

That should cover it I suspect. Bring lots of money, and until you're sure you've hit the requirements, spend until you make it.

Then rake in all the money and trounce everyone, on principle.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 21, 2012, 07:30:39 pm »
- Take out the Charts with a number 1 at any given time (You'll either need a revival or a break. If you luck out on a super break, all the better, but I've NEVER seen it work in Hyper mode)

- Sell at least 550k sales (This is the hardest, since it requires either a revival or a break to make the numbers)

Super Breaks work

I played hyper mode twice, once to test waters and once for the S rank. Both times i did a quintet live in the release week of song 5. When i didn't get a super break i reloaded, until i got the super break. It took around 10 to 15 tries to get one, but it's definitely possible. Doing that you'll take the top in the charts and keep it until the end, also the 550k sales become easy with this.

Funkies

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 22, 2012, 08:06:18 pm »
Super Breaks work

This is absolutely good to hear.  I've retried a number of times for a Super Break, then eventually gave up and moved on.  Which is pretty disappointing in Hyper where every performance counts.  With this I won't give up so easy, many thanks on the info!  Right in the nick of time (Naryoril of time?... sounds neat) as I was about to start a new game today.

Again, that confirmation is a Live saver.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 22, 2012, 08:35:07 pm »
This is absolutely good to hear.  I've retried a number of times for a Super Break, then eventually gave up and moved on.  Which is pretty disappointing in Hyper where every performance counts.  With this I won't give up so easy, many thanks on the info!  Right in the nick of time (Naryoril of time?... sounds neat) as I was about to start a new game today.

Again, that confirmation is a Live saver.

They are a royal pain in the backside to trigger on Hyper though.

I've never seen it fire, and I've only ever seen someone else do it after 15 attempts in a row. I'm convinced they reduced the odds of a Super Break to be a lot lower in Hyper mode compared to normal (where I could fire one off in the space of say 4 attempts).

In comparison, I've forced breaks and revivals to trigger on a 1/5 chance, which beats 23 attempts at a super break (quintet triggering of course) before falling back to something else.

Basically, if you CAN get one to go off, you're set, since one of those should more or less fill both the number 1 charting and the 5.5 million (I made a typo in the previous post) single sales you'll need if you manage to fire it off for the 3rd, 4th or 5th singles.

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Garraboa

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 25, 2012, 03:30:51 am »
I DID IT! I was so ecstasic when I triggered the quintet live that I almost didn't do anything for the next three weeks (then I rememberd about breaks only doable on the 10'th week and stuff :p).

IT didn't take me as much as what you people are posting here. Only seven tries (and two were because of the idols not appearing). Gotta say, with that super break you can kick back and relax on the finishing details of your S rank (my final sales were about 9 million O_O)

I don’t mind getting hurt,I don’t mind if it’s difficult,ah~, I don’t mind any punishment, bring it on!

876 PRO, GO!!

Funkies

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 25, 2012, 05:31:41 am »
The "MARK ALL MESSAGES AS READ" button sometimes is not so kind to me, apologies on the late reply!

I've never seen it fire, and I've only ever seen someone else do it after 15 attempts in a row. I'm convinced they reduced the odds of a Super Break to be a lot lower in Hyper mode compared to normal (where I could fire one off in the space of say 4 attempts).

This is also awesome confirmation, as I have been having the exact same problem.  I spent an entire day (well, game-playing-session-throughout-a-day) trying for a Super Break before I gave up and moved on.  All while using an image song, image song's owner at center (why not I figured?), with an item set on to boot.  It just didn't happen, some of my hair almost involuntarily left their follicles.

In comparison, I've forced breaks and revivals to trigger on a 1/5 chance, which beats 23 attempts at a super break (quintet triggering of course) before falling back to something else.

Basically, if you CAN get one to go off, you're set, since one of those should more or less fill both the number 1 charting and the 5.5 million (I made a typo in the previous post) single sales you'll need if you manage to fire it off for the 3rd, 4th or 5th singles.

This gives me some values to shoot for then.  I haven't had much trouble with Keeps, but doing those endlessly in Hyper causes one to lose out on so much scheduling.  Revivals and Breaks I've had some trouble with, but with your input I shall keep on trying in the future when I run into this problem.  I had such little issue gettin' these statuses in Normal (without sets), so Hyper's "eccentricities" are... interesting.

Thanks for the info, this current run shall be amusing!

Garraboa

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 29, 2012, 06:09:16 am »
*GASP* My heart just skipped a beat. Upon installing catalog # 5 on PS3 I went to check out the new accessory and... it tells me there's no saved data!  :o First thing I do, I turn off the PS3, turn it back on again and back up my save data on a USB. I fired the game up again and there was no problem this time. Just to be sure though, I turned autosave off. I guess this is the nasty save glitch that everyone gets from time to time. How does one recover from it if you lose the data but have a backup on a USB? You just copy it back again, or is there something else you gotta do?

Man, I almost die there for a second!  :'(

876 PRO, GO!!

ribonbon

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 29, 2012, 09:28:49 pm »
This may be a stupid question, but if I were to erase my file from the saved data utility folder, would I have to redownload all my DLC again? (I'm sick of my producer name... :-\ )

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 29, 2012, 09:42:50 pm »
This may be a stupid question, but if I were to erase my file from the saved data utility folder, would I have to redownload all my DLC again? (I'm sick of my producer name... :-\ )

It shouldn't, although if you REALLY want to test this, just make a new profile and make a new save file that way. That's how a new game will end up being like. DLC is shared on the PS3 installed.

You'll lose access to all items bought in game though (not DLC, as in in game currency) as you'll have to do those all over again.

ribonbon

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 29, 2012, 09:45:52 pm »
^
Good idea. I'll make a new profile and see what happens.

I understand that I'll lose what I unlocked in the game, but that doesn't really bother me since I haven't unlocked much.

PrinceLandon

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 19, 2012, 02:40:32 am »
Yay, I just finished Hyper Mode for the first time with a S ranking.  I went from producer lv. 8 to 10.  Now that I got the trophies for it, I just want to do Normal mode from now on.  But, I'm sad that my producer ranking will drop back to 8 if I do.  I'm torn.   :'(

MissDeidara

• Afuu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 19, 2012, 09:47:32 pm »
So I lost my American ps3 account (The one that had all my saves data on it, which means something like 75% of Im@s trophies unlocked, and 7 playtroughs achieved on 9) and I can't do ''recovery password'' because I had put a random birthdate...OTL At least I didn't lose my DLC (since my Japanese account works fine).

So anyway, not trying to make you feel sorry for me, I just wanted to ask a question about amulets, since I'm starting all over. I already bought the 3 most important ones (Dance-Visual-Vocal appeals thingy), but there was that one amulet I used for Fes, I think it was a kind of bird, and it made the voltage bar increases super quickly. Can somebody tell me where I can find it? It was not that special one you get in the capital area, by the way.

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

While being a fangirl of Touma, MissDeidara really enjoys beating this latter in Fes.