Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 154163 times)

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #480 on: December 22, 2011, 11:40:28 pm »
Would anyone mind doing a small translation of the schedule selection screen? It annoys me that I sign my idols up for lives, festivals and auditions each week and not knowing which ones they are.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 22, 2011, 11:40:52 pm »
There are two paid promotions with no answers required. They are "ファンイベントのお仕事" and "地方TVCMのお仕事". Just select the correct region, and you get a free Perfect Communication. However, these don't show up until late game to balance it out.

Not entirely correct - The 'non answer' paid promotions can show up early, although the odds of it showing up first thing are nearly zero. See the last paragraph for how early this can happen.

You can only do an answered paid promotion once.

You can however, do unanswered promotions multiple times. Never seen a poor one, but I suspect this has to do with your idols' mood level.

It doesn't happen too often, although in hyper mode, it happens more often than not, surprisingly (since you live and breath paid promotions as a method of training up your image level while maintaining fan count)  and since it isn't actually uncommon for a hyper run to have just two performaces in a 10 week period, (namely, 4 weeks of promotion and lessons, performance to score, then another 5 weeks of promotion and lessons) and there's only 12 promotional events, you can probably can guess what's going to happen.

Due to that setup, it isn't actually THAT abnormal to see image level 8 or 9 before the 10th week, either. I've successfully closed out on S rank Hyper mode image level 16 by week 27 or so.

My games extensively use paid promotional events in Hyper mode, mostly as a method of destroying the competition via an abnormal buildup of fans. the number of fans, as well as the full reversal of fan mood make it a useful tool, if very expensive to deploy.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #482 on: December 23, 2011, 12:32:36 am »
Would anyone mind doing a small translation of the schedule selection screen? It annoys me that I sign my idols up for lives, festivals and auditions each week and not knowing which ones they are.

It doesn't actually say you have to look at the icons.
The microphone with the cone spotlight over it is an audition.
The sparkly microphone is a live.
The two micropohnes clashing is a festival.

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #483 on: December 23, 2011, 12:48:24 am »
It doesn't actually say you have to look at the icons.
The microphone with the cone spotlight over it is an audition.
The sparkly microphone is a live.
The two micropohnes clashing is a festival.

Okay I'll keep that in mind! Thanks.

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #484 on: December 26, 2011, 09:03:56 pm »
I just have one other question. When I do go into the schedule selection, some of the audtition icons have a glow around them. What does that mean? Is it like, something I need to compete in? Or can I just ignore it?

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 26, 2011, 09:11:19 pm »
I just have one other question. When I do go into the schedule selection, some of the audtition icons have a glow around them. What does that mean? Is it like, something I need to compete in? Or can I just ignore it?

If it's yellow and not the usual colour, it denotes a national audition. The number of fans gained are lower, except that it will be broadcast on national TV, instead of just in the area you're participating in. This also influences nation wide how fans see you. Areas with more excited fans will buy more CDs if it is in the sales period, and more of them will stay with you as the weeks go on.

If it sounds like a good thing, it is, except there are only so many of these national auditons available, so don't use them all up at once. Ideally, you want to use them to boost fan sentiment (The closer to red faced (really excited) the fans are, the more CD sales you'll net) before you proceed to sell, and maybe once during the sales period, to keep them happier.

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #486 on: December 26, 2011, 09:42:17 pm »
If it's yellow and not the usual colour, it denotes a national audition. The number of fans gained are lower, except that it will be broadcast on national TV, instead of just in the area you're participating in. This also influences nation wide how fans see you. Areas with more excited fans will buy more CDs if it is in the sales period, and more of them will stay with you as the weeks go on.

If it sounds like a good thing, it is, except there are only so many of these national auditons available, so don't use them all up at once. Ideally, you want to use them to boost fan sentiment (The closer to red faced (really excited) the fans are, the more CD sales you'll net) before you proceed to sell, and maybe once during the sales period, to keep them happier.

So these auditions are ones I SHOULD take part in to get better results then?

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 26, 2011, 09:55:36 pm »
Only if there's a point to doing so - If you're not in or nearing a selling period, there's no point in using it - as I said, there's only 2-4 per rank up (Although if you advance (top 50 - top 20), you lose the ability to access the previous set) so if you particularly make a mad dash to the top 20, you'll need to conserve those national auditions to get the maximum effect out of them.

As well, if you're early game, having a small group of fans means that you'll have to be in more places at once to maintain the numbers. Since fan decay is based on how excited they are and is based on a percentage of the fanbase, early on, focusing all your efforts in one or two areas is much better than spreading them out, because you'll lose more fans every week.

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #488 on: December 26, 2011, 11:44:02 pm »
I had no idea you could lose fans. Maybe that's why the fan count suddenly dropped a couple times in a few regions. (And I was so close to getting 100,000 fans in one of the regions too one time. Dangit!)

Thanks for answering my question!

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 01, 2012, 11:51:30 am »
the game just got me confused right now

i always thought you need to do a normal live to do a keep.
but i just did a quintet live, the 2 additional idols didn't show up, and charts show a keep for the current song now (which is already on its 7th week and doesn't have any sales to keep)...
does that mean a quintet live counts as a trio live if the 2 guest idols don't show up? thus if you attempt a super break they need to show up in order to get the super break?

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 01, 2012, 11:57:37 am »
the game just got me confused right now

i always thought you need to do a normal live to do a keep.
but i just did a quintet live, the 2 additional idols didn't show up, and charts show a keep for the current song now (which is already on its 7th week and doesn't have any sales to keep)...
does that mean a quintet live counts as a trio live if the 2 guest idols don't show up? thus if you attempt a super break they need to show up in order to get the super break?

That's unfortunately correct from what I can tell - I've never seen a Super Break actually work unless the Quntet happens. I didn't know about the super break converting back to a live though - super breaks only should work if the song isn't listed on the charts yet (Namely, prior to release) but I might be wrong.

karto

• Greenhorn
  • Otaku Blaze co-founder
    • View Profile
    • Otaku Blaze
« Reply #491 on: January 03, 2012, 02:53:21 am »
I just completed my first run of the game (My unit was Haruka, Miki & Chihaya).
I'm pretty certain it didn't go all that well (0 awards), though I believe I have gotten the hang of a good amount of the game (I sadly am one of those people who has the game but can't read Japanese.  I just really wanted to have a go lol).  ;D

Though I would like to know a few things;
Is there any sort of new game+ or does everything reset?
The main menu still calls me Plv 1, how does this go up?

Reosaur

• Amami Haruka is MY top idol. ;D
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #492 on: January 03, 2012, 03:41:57 am »
Haha I'm one of those people who can't read japanese either, but I plan on self studying sometime in the near future lol.
"New game plus" would be costumes/accessories and money will transfer. I think to level up from Producer level 1 you need to get at least a C or A on your final rating at end game.. Which I think requires at least one award or maybe a good high score from performances? Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

AkinaSumora

• Greenhorn
  • Currently producing Skip*Beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 03, 2012, 03:47:39 am »
I got a C on my first playthrough and it says I made level 2... didn't win any awards.
Trios produced thus far:
StarBlaze (Hibiki, Makoto, Miki)
Moonbeam (Takane, Chihaya, Yukiho)
GenkiGirls!! (Yayoi, Mami, Haruka)
SweetHoney (Miki, Haruka, Chihaya)
Skip*Beat (Mami, Yayoi, Makoto)

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 03, 2012, 04:03:03 am »
I just completed my first run of the game (My unit was Haruka, Miki & Chihaya).
I'm pretty certain it didn't go all that well (0 awards), though I believe I have gotten the hang of a good amount of the game (I sadly am one of those people who has the game but can't read Japanese.  I just really wanted to have a go lol).  ;D

Though I would like to know a few things;
Is there any sort of new game+ or does everything reset?
The main menu still calls me Plv 1, how does this go up?

New Game+ is here, it just transfers whatever money and clothes/accessories that you may have gotten in previous playthroughs.

As for Producer level, you need at least a C rank to level up. The determining factors are probably:
-Number of fans
-Image Level of your Unit at the end of the game
-CD sales for total unit
-Highest score in a live, audition, or festival (I'm assuming 50,000 is a C)
-Highest rank on the Dotop TV charts
-How many times you failed in a story-related event and had to be forced back into Hell Training.
--Under Construction---