Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 153546 times)

Crisu

• Filled with danketsu
    • View Profile
    • ISML
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #450 on: November 28, 2011, 05:03:15 am »
[ Disclaimer: I might be totally wrong on this.  :P  I'm still familiarizing myself on the keep/break/revival system myself, explained in the first few pages of the thread. ]

I think keeps only last one week -- and you get them by clearing a Live of your currently produced song.  It means your sales numbers stay high for a longer period of time and don't start dropping off.  If you keep doing Lives, you can probably keep earning Keeps until you reach #1 on the charts. (???)  A high score would be important, too, in affecting the "total score" you get for the song, which I think is your score multiplied by whatever values exist for the number of fans you have in the area you do the Live, plus the fan-awareness factor (that smiley face that ranges from blue to pink).

Are you early or late in the game?  One of the game's goals is to get a song in at least the Top 10 (even if your other 4 are very low in the charts), so keep sticking with it until it gets there.  And then move on to the next song.
くっー

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 28, 2011, 05:19:25 am »
[ Disclaimer: I might be totally wrong on this.    I'm still familiarizing myself on the keep/break/revival system myself, explained in the first few pages of the thread. ]

I think keeps only last one week -- and you get them by clearing a Live of your currently produced song.  It means your sales numbers stay high for a longer period of time and don't start dropping off.  If you keep doing Lives, you can probably keep earning Keeps until you reach #1 on the charts. ()  A high score would be important, too, in affecting the "total score" you get for the song, which I think is your score multiplied by whatever values exist for the number of fans you have in the area you do the Live, plus the fan-awareness factor (that smiley face that ranges from blue to pink).

Are you early or late in the game?  One of the game's goals is to get a song in at least the Top 10 (even if your other 4 are very low in the charts), so keep sticking with it until it gets there.  And then move on to the next song.

I'm on week 45 and I do have one of my songs in the top 10.
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 28, 2011, 05:28:05 am »
Now I have two songs at the top 10.

Megare at 8 and Do-Dai at 6.
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

MissDeidara

• Afuu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 15, 2011, 12:01:11 am »
Sorry if someone has already said this before, I kind of lost the track of the posts in this topic...

So I just finished my first Hyper Mode run, and...Well first, when I got 10 000 fans on my first area, the Uta-hime festival didn't unlock, and I thought maybe these fes didn't exist in Hyper Mode, and that you had to keep your fans number high. So that's what I did, and I had 10 000 fans in 3 areas, but in the end...I got a bad ending.

Is the number of fans required for Hyper Mode higher? If so then how much?

Well...At least I unlocked these Burger accessories ._.
While being a fangirl of Touma, MissDeidara really enjoys beating this latter in Fes.

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #454 on: December 15, 2011, 12:57:29 am »
It's apparently 150k fans per area (since the fan gains are much greater on Hyper) to unlock the area festivals.

waterblaze123

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 15, 2011, 08:20:43 pm »
Is there any way to re-name your producer name or are you stuck with it...

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #456 on: December 16, 2011, 12:21:35 am »
I think you have to delete all your data to change it. :( Sorry

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 16, 2011, 05:24:18 am »
GODDAMMIT.  I cannot beat my 5th super FES for a True Ending, on week 52, which only gives me one week to spare.  It's the third region from the left.  There's no voltage reporter in sight, I'm already at image level 15, and I've got the best gear I can get.  The enemy charges up faster than I do and has 5 appeals to my 3, so trying to counterappeal is pointless.  I've been using a dual-multiplier amulet- I tried the secret crest amulet and it didn't help.  This save file is toast.

I'm just steamed that after all this playing time, I'm still getting screwed over by the AI.  Namco Bandai, I hate you and your single stupid save file, and your lazyass AI programming that can never ever be beaten by counterappeals.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 16, 2011, 06:00:24 am »
Actually it shouldn't be all that hard to fix. Are you playing on normal? (I assume you are, since the requirement is 15 on normal, not 16)

It's not actualy 'true rubber band AI'. It actually deploys different AI routines, however they're ALL scripted. Basically, it DOES have a 'recover sequence' but only at certain points, and you can in fact shut it out. Hyper is a different story though.

The first question really should be 'How many appeals do you have?'

If it's 3 or 4, the Tokyo IA crest should help you try a shutout. If you're attempting a festival with 3. you'll struggle. Doable, but you'll struggle.

The next questions are as follows:

1) What SONG are you using?
2) Are you familiar with a double and triple appeal?

Generally you'll find that you'll need a 170 or better BPM song - Just don't use Kami Summer (if you have it) as it does some strange stuff at the beginning of the song (namely give your opponents a headstart.

Basically, faster songs can score slightly less (more notes) but they help you build voltage faster.

Another thing to note is that if you know how the single/duo/triple appeal works, and you have the Tokyo IA charm this next bit of information will help you A LOT.

If you have 3 hearts on hand, this attack becomes possible:

1. From open - build up voltage to just get close enough to appeal.
2. Appeal once, and get voltage to full. You MUST make the appeal be the last thing before you burst. If you're fast enough you will open burst mode before or JUST as they appeal. You'll probably have to jam the burst key.
3. Burst as per normal.
4. Immediately switch character, then appeal to force a duo, then switch character again and appeal again to get a trio appeal.
5. You then should get a second burst, REGARDLESS (and usually in spite of) the AI counter appealing once or twice. Shut them out with the burst.

If executed correctly, that should give you about 1/2 the song where their ability to score has been severely crippled.

If you have spare appeals, use it to shut down their voltage metre, but ONLY after they appealed once, unless you are CERTAIN you can score a third burst.

You'd struggle with this strategy with 3 appeals (namely, you spent them all to do a two pronged shutout) although it should normally be okay. With 5, you basically need Yukiho to cheat through her teeth (by accidently invoking her Vesperia Hyper AI) to lose reliably.

What usually ends up happening is you walk away with 3 bursts, and they walk away with 2. On week 50+, this should (assuming a good sized combo) mean you will win due to sheer burst score.

The game isn't as hard (or as cheating) as it first leads you to believe at least on normal - You're actually permitted to queue up a burst even though your bar appears to have dropped to 66% of full, for instance if you're fast enough.

If you think normal is bad, you WILL faint at hyper mode's festivals. THAT is when they start cheating.

(
GODDAMMIT.  I cannot beat my 5th super FES for a True Ending, on week 52, which only gives me one week to spare.  It's the third region from the left.  There's no voltage reporter in sight, I'm already at image level 15, and I've got the best gear I can get.  The enemy charges up faster than I do and has 5 appeals to my 3, so trying to counterappeal is pointless.  I've been using a dual-multiplier amulet- I tried the secret crest amulet and it didn't help.  This save file is toast.

I'm just steamed that after all this playing time, I'm still getting screwed over by the AI.  Namco Bandai, I hate you and your single stupid save file, and your lazyass AI programming that can never ever be beaten by counterappeals.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 16, 2011, 07:11:25 am »
Thank you, that was very informative- especially the parts about the scripting, voltage bar damage lag, and chaining pre-burst appeals to post-burst appeals.  I did not realize it was possible.

To answer your questions, the fastest song I have access to is READY! - I have Vocal as my highest stat- (I did most of my attempts with World Is All One, which is slightly slower), I have 3 memory appeals, access to Mushaharu's secret crest, and I can chain double/triple appeals (though I often receive a BAD because of timing issues).

So I guess I need to work on getting my voltage meter mostly charged before the opponent bursts.  I gave up on Mushaharu early on, but I was using my 1st appeal early to increase the multipliers instead of saving it to complete the burst.  I'll try your strategy after I've dealt with some work issues/slept.  Won't be playing Hyper except to get the Burger accessories.  I whiff on too many appeals to make Hyper matches feasible.

satty

• Producer
  • Haha, time for best Tank Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 16, 2011, 07:39:39 am »
Hmm, is it important to get your unit to the highest level in Hyper mode? Also, would 2 memory appeals cut it in Hyper?
--Under Construction---

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 16, 2011, 07:54:57 am »
Hmm, is it important to get your unit to the highest level in Hyper mode? Also, would 2 memory appeals cut it in Hyper?

If you want S rank, the minimum idol requirement is 16. This is what BT2 and I were talking about earlier - that you're going to waste a little time for S rank because it's incredibly unlikely you'll have both image 16 and level 5 memory at exactly the same time, if you stick to a single lesson + promotion tactic.

In fact, the total requirements for S rank are:

True ending (All IA regions and the IA grand prix award)
Image level 16
Number 1 on the charts
6.5 million single sales total or above
No repeats

You're probably not going to win the IA regional awards if you have 2 memory appeals, since they all seem to cheat (Usually, they can outvolt you without appeal alterations).

Personally, I can't do it on 3 except if I get lucky with the IA contestant at least early on. I generally get 4 memory appeals before week 30, and start playing whack a IA regional on week 20-22. I don't generally lose IAs (or other festivals) after week 30.

You generally don't use appeals in audition mode, though. In Hyper mode, festivals take a bigger role, only because it's an easy way to score 40000 fans in a single week and still get paid for it. Namely, beating up Miku for fans and profit.

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

satty

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 16, 2011, 08:04:16 am »
If you want S rank, the minimum idol requirement is 16. This is what BT2 and I were talking about earlier - that you're going to waste a little time for S rank because it's incredibly unlikely you'll have both image 16 and level 5 memory at exactly the same time, if you stick to a single lesson + promotion tactic.

In fact, the total requirements for S rank are:

True ending (All IA regions and the IA grand prix award)
Image level 16
Number 1 on the charts
6.5 million single sales total or above
No repeats

You're probably not going to win the IA regional awards if you have 2 memory appeals, since they all seem to cheat (Usually, they can outvolt you without appeal alterations).

Personally, I can't do it on 3 except if I get lucky with the IA contestant at least early on. I generally get 4 memory appeals before week 30, and start playing whack a IA regional on week 20-22. I don't generally lose IAs (or other festivals) after week 30.

You generally don't use appeals in audition mode, though. In Hyper mode, festivals take a bigger role, only because it's an easy way to score 40000 fans in a single week and still get paid for it. Namely, beating up Miku for fans and profit.

S Rank reqs:
-I thought as much.
-How much weeks would you have to spend on training?
-Oh man, haven't got number 1 on the Dotop TV charts so far...ugh.
-For 6.5 million fans (I would think that's 65, then 0000), festivals and paid promotions are the way to go?
-As for no repeats, is that the screen where you can try again if you lose an event?

Man, I should also prepare to go through some playthroughs just getting money to buy sets from both Lucky Rabbit and Bk Maniac.
--Under Construction---

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 16, 2011, 08:48:09 am »
S Rank reqs:
-I thought as much.
-How much weeks would you have to spend on training?
-Oh man, haven't got number 1 on the Dotop TV charts so far...ugh.
-For 6.5 million fans (I would think that's 65, then 0000), festivals and paid promotions are the way to go?
-As for no repeats, is that the screen where you can try again if you lose an event?

Man, I should also prepare to go through some playthroughs just getting money to buy sets from both Lucky Rabbit and Bk Maniac.

To answer the questions...

On hyper, it's more practical to do as many paid promotionals with single slot lessons until you get the fanbase to make an endrun at an IA, hit image level 16, or you know you'll be fine. (Regular promotions net you about 1/3 the paid, but considering that paid ones cost like 30-50k, and regular promotions give you 20-40k, you can see that tapering off can help)

That number 1 can happen at any time (although I very much doubt you'd get into the top 10 until the thrd release without a super break). It is incredibly unlikely that you'll sneak in a number 1 on hyper mode without either revivals or a break.

(In normal, a good player should be able to nail a number 1 by song release 3 or 4.)

(The two common opportunities are either 4th song revival after your last song stops selling, or barring that, breaking the your last song before the end of the game. You'll probably need 3 million sales at this point though, so don't break too late.)

The sales reqiuirement is NOT the number of fans, it is the total number of CD sales you need to make. Having a good happy (red) fan count is important here, but it's important to also have the count.

At top tier, the highest fan gainer is in fact the quintet lives, but you don't always get to pick where they end up. Festivals that permit a 40000 fan gain are available at ALL the areas at all times, so it makes a more flexible option, when you need to get 150000 fans in a region in a specific area.

Paid promotionals give slightly more than the festivals (Assuming top 20 status is gained) but they cost 50000 per use. They however automatically set that region to its highest happy state, so it's a good idea if you've already scored (you need to score once before the song hits the charts, don't forget that) and you can't find a national audition to boost happiness that week.

No repeats explictly refer to the second IA match against RK, and the week 54 match against Jupiter, and you end up using the time warp. Essentially, no hell training allowed. (I believe this applies to the IA elimination week, if you fail to hit the top 20 by week 37 or so, but I don't think I've EVER had that happen to me.)

I've got to resume my Chihaya Hyper run, but I also got to do L4U stuff before that too. I've pretty much exclusively decided to stick to Hyper runs. It's more interesting than the regular game, to be honest, but I DID play the X360 game to death.

satty

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 16, 2011, 09:03:27 am »
To answer the questions...

On hyper, it's more practical to do as many paid promotionals with single slot lessons until you get the fanbase to make an endrun at an IA, hit image level 16, or you know you'll be fine. (Regular promotions net you about 1/3 the paid, but considering that paid ones cost like 30-50k, and regular promotions give you 20-40k, you can see that tapering off can help)

That number 1 can happen at any time (although I very much doubt you'd get into the top 10 until the thrd release without a super break). It is incredibly unlikely that you'll sneak in a number 1 on hyper mode without either revivals or a break.

(In normal, a good player should be able to nail a number 1 by song release 3 or 4.)

(The two common opportunities are either 4th song revival after your last song stops selling, or barring that, breaking the your last song before the end of the game. You'll probably need 3 million sales at this point though, so don't break too late.)

The sales reqiuirement is NOT the number of fans, it is the total number of CD sales you need to make. Having a good happy (red) fan count is important here, but it's important to also have the count.

At top tier, the highest fan gainer is in fact the quintet lives, but you don't always get to pick where they end up. Festivals that permit a 40000 fan gain are available at ALL the areas at all times, so it makes a more flexible option, when you need to get 150000 fans in a region in a specific area.

Paid promotionals give slightly more than the festivals (Assuming top 20 status is gained) but they cost 50000 per use. They however automatically set that region to its highest happy state, so it's a good idea if you've already scored (you need to score once before the song hits the charts, don't forget that) and you can't find a national audition to boost happiness that week.

No repeats explictly refer to the second IA match against RK, and the week 54 match against Jupiter, and you end up using the time warp. Essentially, no hell training allowed. (I believe this applies to the IA elimination week, if you fail to hit the top 20 by week 37 or so, but I don't think I've EVER had that happen to me.)

I've got to resume my Chihaya Hyper run, but I also got to do L4U stuff before that too. I've pretty much exclusively decided to stick to Hyper runs. It's more interesting than the regular game, to be honest, but I DID play the X360 game to death.

Ah, thanks for the help then, Setsuna. Hope you do well on that Hyper run.
--Under Construction---