Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 153808 times)

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #435 on: November 16, 2011, 03:32:39 pm »
I've been meaning to ask, is their some way to unlock S4U? Appears to be shown as three question marks for me.

I'm guessing it requires one playthrough to beat, but my playthroughs thus far have been... horrid.
Sorry if this sounds super obvious, but S4U is written as ステージフォーユー!on the menu and not S4U! or Stage For You!. If you can't read kana, maybe you missed it? Either way, it's the option on the main menu right under プロヂュース / Produce.

Anyway, like Setsuna said, it's unlocked from the get-go. So it should already be on your menu.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:36:58 pm by TweenDoriru »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #436 on: November 16, 2011, 04:16:00 pm »
On the same topic what is that ? ? ? thing.
I haven't beaten my first playthrough yet so I was curious.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:21:33 pm by animagic4u »

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 16, 2011, 04:19:51 pm »
On the same topic what is that ??? thing.
I haven't beaten my first playthrough yet so I was curious.
Ryuuguu Komachi Extra Episode?

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 17, 2011, 12:17:49 am »
Ryuuguu Komachi Extra Episode?

Yep! I've beaten my first playthrough and once you do as well, it will unlock and you can play them! :D
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #439 on: November 26, 2011, 03:46:49 am »
Hey guys! Quick question...
what does "offer" mean on a 5 girl live?

:'( No one is in the mood today except Yukiho.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 03:51:00 am by animagic4u »

Crisu

• Filled with danketsu
    • View Profile
    • ISML
« Reply #440 on: November 26, 2011, 03:56:25 am »
Is that the counter that keeps track of how many times you've asked them to perform with you thus far in the game?  In my first run, I only did 5 quintets, enough to use each girl exactly once.  So I haven't experimented with asking a girl more than once, but I would assume that spreading it out as evenly as possible would prevent a girl from wanting to ditch the quintet.
くっー

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #441 on: November 26, 2011, 03:57:46 am »
Nope because my brother just unlocked RK and both Azusa and Ami have offer 1 with the blue emote face.

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 26, 2011, 04:07:44 am »
Nope because my brother just unlocked RK and both Azusa and Ami have offer 1 with the blue emote face.
I think it was said earlier in the thread that it's something of a "trust" level with them. The more you invite them, the more likely they are to show up and (I think) the face will eventually turn back to a smiley face.

I'm not on my Xbox right now and I haven't played the actual game anytime recently so I don't have a concrete example with the faces. But I always invite Ami and Ricchan and they -always- show up.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #443 on: November 26, 2011, 04:11:03 am »
I think it was said earlier in the thread that it's something of a "trust" level with them. The more you invite them, the more likely they are to show up and (I think) the face will eventually turn back to a smiley face.

I'm not on my Xbox right now and I haven't played the actual game anytime recently so I don't have a concrete example with the faces. But I always invite Ami and Ricchan and they -always- show up.

Thanks! We'll try this!

nyachan

• Resident Photoshop Monkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #444 on: November 26, 2011, 09:35:50 pm »
Okay, I have a question.

I've been having a really tough time with the Utahime-Utaoji Fes in the upper region (上方, for Phoenix Red), but I haven't really had any trouble with the others. I don't exactly have a lot of memories (and the AI does seem to spam the 5 it has), should I go and spam promotions to get more? I only have memory level 2 right now so...

Oh, and other info that might help: unit is Takane (L), Haruka, Yukiho; song is Kiramekirari; Image level is 16 with Dance focus (and a fairly decent vocal stat as well, Visual is basically untouched); have tried using Awanko and Sugamo amulets (usually I use awanko for obvious reasons, but the AI gets bursts really fast so I tried sugamo but it doesn't really help either). Oh and I usually have been using Takane for bursts?

yeah, uh, what should I be doing different or am I just being bad at this? ;w; I had trouble with this one in my last run too (Yayoi/Mami/Makoto, Vis focus, READY!! and rinkamo/sugamo both didn't help), but I gave up since it was the end of the game anyways and just went on with something else.

*edit: oh and their status is the color-changing glowing one (enthusiastic on the wiki).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 09:37:49 pm by nyachan »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #445 on: November 26, 2011, 09:37:47 pm »
Maybe you should try gaining more hearts (appeals) and lessons.
How much are you usually losing by? If I only lose by a bit I usually retry. ;)

nyachan

• Resident Photoshop Monkey
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #446 on: November 26, 2011, 09:41:51 pm »
Maybe you should try gaining more hearts (appeals) and lessons.
How much are you usually losing by? If I only lose by a bit I usually retry. ;)
I've been loosing miserably (10k+ ish? I forgot to look last time I tried) because the AI either gets bursts way too fast (because of the memories for the most part and I don't have enough to push it back down all five times they use one). Even with Sugamo, I can't burst fast enough. Admittedly, I haven't put too much focus in getting memories so these last two runs I haven't had many, but in my first I only got to level 3 but still was able to clear Ocean Blue and Snow White fairly easily even without sugamo and just using Rinkamo...

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 26, 2011, 10:10:03 pm »
That'd be a waste of money imo, unless you're playing hyper.
Just pick up Ataka or Yamahara and abuse the increased voltage gain whenever you think you can't win with 2 mem appeals.

Funkies

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 27, 2011, 07:10:39 am »
That'd be a waste of money imo, unless you're playing hyper.
Just pick up Ataka or Yamahara and abuse the increased voltage gain whenever you think you can't win with 2 mem appeals.

I agree with this, as Jun can make the difference against any opponent.  Sometimes it seems he's necessary, and if you're lacking Memory Appeals... he's the guy to get.  Otherwise you could so some regular Promotions (not those you have to spend money for), unless you're really crunched for time.  I always tend to think of it as trying to gain a Memory Appeal per 10 weeks, that way you should be ready for just about anything past Week 41.  Up to you if you stop gaining Memories at that point, as four seem to get the job done for the most part.

You may even be able to drop Sugamo-chan with him in tow, as the decrease in Burst Appeal score really hurts.  Perhaps try Mushaharu (if you have it) or Ryuuguu no Tsukai instead?  The RK amulet, for some reason I'm not aware of yet, gives a bit more score if your Danketsu is really high.  I don't know how or why, I just know it's provided higher scores in later weeks over Mushaharu for me.

Good luck!

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 28, 2011, 04:35:54 am »
Major question!!!!

One of my songs is currently at a keep! Do I use the song or do I just leave it be?
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!