Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 153763 times)

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #405 on: November 12, 2011, 09:59:35 pm »
All character based unlocks are obtained by having the idol in your unit so you can get all of those former DLC costumes as gifts in 3 playthroughs if you add a bit of variety to your units.
Beyond the Stars however requires you to use the 3 as leaders, hence why you can't obtain and use it in your first 3 playthroughs.
Roger. Thanks, fixed the info in that one post @.@

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #406 on: November 13, 2011, 10:28:22 pm »
How do I upload photo's that I've taken from the game onto my PC? I have a USB stick and copied to the Save data onto it and tried to open on my computer but that doesn't seem to be the way to do it.

Edit:
Forgot to mention I'm on the PS3 version of the game.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:39:20 pm by iTiffany21 »

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #407 on: November 13, 2011, 10:56:25 pm »
How do I upload photo's that I've taken from the game onto my PC? I have a USB stick and copied to the Save data onto it and tried to open on my computer but that doesn't seem to be the way to do it.

Edit:
Forgot to mention I'm on the PS3 version of the game.
The save data probably only holds the information for the game engine to reproduce the image; A computer can't read that properly. You probably need a capture card to take a screenshot.

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #408 on: November 13, 2011, 11:01:16 pm »
The save data probably only holds the information for the game engine to reproduce the image; A computer can't read that properly. You probably need a capture card to take a screenshot.

So that's why the files in the PHOTODATA folder were showing up as .PHT files? Is there no program that can open those kind of files?

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 14, 2011, 01:26:30 am »
WAHHHHHH!!!!!! :'(

I did my second playthrough and I didn't get any awards again!!!!

Can anyone tell me how I can win at least one award?!?!?
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 14, 2011, 02:11:41 am »
WAHHHHHH!!!!!! :'(

I did my second playthrough and I didn't get any awards again!!!!

Can anyone tell me how I can win at least one award?!?!?
Win 100,000 fans in any area (except Tokyo) and then win the 歌姫・歌王子 Festival that appears to get one of the general awards (differs per area).

To get the IA Grand Prix award, have at least one song in the top 10 on the charts, and have 300,000 fans. The fans part should be cake if you're winning the other awards. As for getting in the top 10 in the charts, well...follow any of the strategies posted in this topic, pretty much. If you can make it into the top 20 by week 8 (or at any point before your last release, really) getting a song into the top 10 should come pretty effortlessly.

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 14, 2011, 04:46:04 am »
Win 100,000 fans in any area (except Tokyo) and then win the 歌姫・歌王子 Festival that appears to get one of the general awards (differs per area).

To get the IA Grand Prix award, have at least one song in the top 10 on the charts, and have 300,000 fans. The fans part should be cake if you're winning the other awards. As for getting in the top 10 in the charts, well...follow any of the strategies posted in this topic, pretty much. If you can make it into the top 20 by week 8 (or at any point before your last release, really) getting a song into the top 10 should come pretty effortlessly.

Thanks! :)

Also, I think I have all the stages, but I don't have the stage that's on the yacht when you go to the IA qualification party. Are you able to get that stage?
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #412 on: November 14, 2011, 04:53:55 am »
Thanks! :)

Also, I think I have all the stages, but I don't have the stage that's on the yacht when you go to the IA qualification party. Are you able to get that stage?
I know that's a stage on the 360 version of S4U and it shows up for Lives/Festivals, so you should be able to unlock it.

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 14, 2011, 06:17:01 am »
how many stages are there to start with? at the moment i have 31 unlocked, i know im missing one which is the beachside one, so i know there at least 32

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 14, 2011, 06:31:02 am »
how many stages are there to start with? at the moment i have 31 unlocked, i know im missing one which is the beachside one, so i know there at least 32

There's in the 360 version 34 stages. No new ones have been added supposedly, so you're at least 2 down.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Corinth

• Greenhorn
  • Currently Producing Miki, Makoto, Yukiho
    • View Profile
    • Bilingual Gamer
« Reply #415 on: November 14, 2011, 06:32:53 pm »
I have a question!  Couldn't seem to find any information even when searching in Japanese...

I bought the mail pack.  Sometimes after reading an email, a little pink cell phone icon with a heart in the middle appears on the left side of the status bar section that appears in the top right of the game screen.  Anybody have an idea of what that does?

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #416 on: November 15, 2011, 02:38:14 am »
I have a question!  Couldn't seem to find any information even when searching in Japanese...

I bought the mail pack.  Sometimes after reading an email, a little pink cell phone icon with a heart in the middle appears on the left side of the status bar section that appears in the top right of the game screen.  Anybody have an idea of what that does?

Mail Boost. Supposed to increase Voltage gain or something, but it doesn't really do anything on the XBox360 version. At least, the gain is so small, it doesn't do anything.

On the PS3 version, it supposedly gives you a Voltage bonus when you Memory Appeal. Maybe it does this in the XBox360 version, I never checked.

http://www44.atwiki.jp/idolmasterim2/?cmd=word&word=%E3%83%A1%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%96%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88&type=normal&page=%E3%82%88%E3%81%8F%E3%81%82%E3%82%8B%E8%B3%AA%E5%95%8F
http://www44.atwiki.jp/idolmasterim2/?cmd=word&word=%E3%83%A1%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%96%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88&type=normal&page=PS3%E7%89%88%E3%81%A7%E3%81%AE%E5%A4%89%E6%9B%B4%E7%82%B9
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:45:46 am by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Alrin Kharr

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 15, 2011, 04:52:14 am »
Has anyone gotten the special amulet from the RK scenario and figured out what it does? I can't read Japanese very well, and I can't puzzle out what the wiki says about it, except for something about using all three girls and changing Burst Appeals in some way.

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 15, 2011, 04:58:55 am »
Has anyone gotten the special amulet from the RK scenario and figured out what it does? I can't read Japanese very well, and I can't puzzle out what the wiki says about it, except for something about using all three girls and changing Burst Appeals in some way.

Ryuuguu no Tsukai amulet burst

I don't know what that burst is called in technicality, though. And I don't know if the amulet does anything besides allowing you to use that burst. XD

Alrin Kharr

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 15, 2011, 05:05:04 am »
Ryuuguu no Tsukai amulet burst

I don't know what that burst is called in technicality, though. And I don't know if the amulet does anything besides allowing you to use that burst. XD

It seems to increase voltage from regular appeals as well, now that I look at it again. Seems unverified how large the increase is, though.

I need to finish my playthrough so I can get it and check it out, I guess. I wonder if it changes which appeals you get during the Burst, or if it still uses the appeal spread for whichever girl you have selected at the time.