Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 153568 times)

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #390 on: November 12, 2011, 04:30:22 am »
Thanks!

I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 12, 2011, 05:17:06 am »
Is there a way to get the PVs or pics that you put in your albums in the game online? Like on Youtube or somewhere else?

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 12, 2011, 05:45:28 am »
Is there a way to get the PVs or pics that you put in your albums in the game online? Like on Youtube or somewhere else?
Sure, you get a capture card, the extra cable and fork out the extra couple of hundred for good equipment and then split-

Okay, that was pretty silly. No, they wouldn't make it that easy. But essentially, you can't just upload it to youtube - If it was really that easy I wouldn't have needed to spend the money required for it.

There is an internal network which you can share PVs, with others with the game. They however need the same DLC if you have DLC in use if you want to watch it.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 12, 2011, 05:48:35 am »
...oh.

Thanks setsuna. I probably won't try because it's too confusing.

Do you think they will put Kyun! Vampire Girl for DLC for PS3?

Also, I know you guys have already explained it to me, but CAN you by the Burger Skater outfit or can you only get it by having Yayoi as a leader and finishing the file?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 05:57:48 am by mallory627 »

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 12, 2011, 05:58:05 am »
...oh.

Thanks setsuna. I probably won't try because it's too confusing.

Do you think they will put Kyun! Vampire Girl for DLC for PS3?

Gotta protect my monopoly, or something. If anyone can just get in on it, I'd be out of busiess...

Except I don't make any money.

On a serious note - if you did run a direct to youtube service, you run the (Very real) risk that you'd actually invalidate your IP because you have to give them permission to upload the material.

Realistically, you'd have to put it up on your own network, with their own T&C (one which says that you can't claim any material as your own.) which is what the im@s PV internet essentially is.

Other games that do this include Skate, from memory.

Kyun Vampire girl will be released as a full priced DLC at some point. I don't know the exact timing though.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 12, 2011, 06:15:12 am »
Gotta protect my monopoly, or something. If anyone can just get in on it, I'd be out of busiess...

Except I don't make any money.

On a serious note - if you did run a direct to youtube service, you run the (Very real) risk that you'd actually invalidate your IP because you have to give them permission to upload the material.

Realistically, you'd have to put it up on your own network, with their own T&C (one which says that you can't claim any material as your own.) which is what the im@s PV internet essentially is.

Other games that do this include Skate, from memory.

Kyun Vampire girl will be released as a full priced DLC at some point. I don't know the exact timing though.

Thanks Setsuna.

LOL CHANGE will probably be DLC soon as well!

Also, I know you guys have already explained it to me, but CAN you by the Burger Skater outfit or can you only get it by having Yayoi as a leader and finishing the file?

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #396 on: November 12, 2011, 06:38:37 am »

I guess your question got skipped so you're asking it again?

Either you get it as soon as you finish your file with Yayoi-leader, or you can only buy it after you finish your file with Yayoi-leader.

I don't own the PS3 copy, but it's a pretty safe bet you won't get your hands on it in any way until you complete the game with Yayoi as leader.

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 12, 2011, 06:41:41 am »
I guess your question got skipped so you're asking it again?

Either you get it as soon as you finish your file with Yayoi-leader, or you can only buy it after you finish your file with Yayoi-leader.

I don't own the PS3 copy, but it's a pretty safe bet you won't get your hands on it in any way until you complete the game with Yayoi as leader.

Aw Darn it!!!! >:(

Thanks though~

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 12, 2011, 04:45:24 pm »
Clear the game with Yayoi in your unit and you'll get it for free. The accessories associated with it however requires you to play hyper.

She doesn't need to be the leader nor is it a shop unlock, you'll directly get it after the credits and the evaluation screen.

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 12, 2011, 04:53:51 pm »
She doesn't need to be the leader nor is it a shop unlock, you'll directly get it after the credits and the evaluation screen.
oops. Does that go for all of the other Extend stuff, too, that they just have to be somewhere in your unit and not necessarily leader?

MissDeidara

• Afuu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 12, 2011, 05:27:53 pm »
oops. Does that go for all of the other Extend stuff, too, that they just have to be somewhere in your unit and not necessarily leader?

Personnally, I finished the game (normal mode) with Miki as my Leader and I unlocked the Burger Skater, the Little Match Girl extend, the Dragon Palace and some luxury recolor. I did have Yayoi in my unit, though.

Between, I know in the Xbox version, you'd unlock the Beyond Stars extend by finishing the game with either Miki, Takane or Hibiki as your leader, but apparently it does not apply to the ps3 version, or at least not with Miki.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 05:29:33 pm by MissDeidara »
While being a fangirl of Touma, MissDeidara really enjoys beating this latter in Fes.

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #401 on: November 12, 2011, 05:39:56 pm »
Can someone explain to me what the selections I have to choose mean? Like, during Lessons auditions & concerts I sometimes get two or 3 selection choices. I kinda think that one of them is like to do it yourself which is usually the red box. But the blue & yellow just have me very confused.

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 12, 2011, 05:46:53 pm »
Personnally, I finished the game (normal mode) with Miki as my Leader and I unlocked the Burger Skater, the Little Match Girl extend, the Dragon Palace and some luxury recolor. I did have Yayoi in my unit, though.

Between, I know in the Xbox version, you'd unlock the Beyond Stars extend by finishing the game with either Miki, Takane or Hibiki as your leader, but apparently it does not apply to the ps3 version, or at least not with Miki.
You need to beat the game with all 3 of them to get Beyond the Stars in the PS3 version instead of just one of them. If you don't need to have the character as your leader, then you just need to do a produce with Hibiki & Takane in the unit. Or maybe you need to still use each as leader. Not sure DX

Can someone explain to me what the selections I have to choose mean? Like, during Lessons auditions & concerts I sometimes get two or 3 selection choices. I kinda think that one of them is like to do it yourself which is usually the red box. But the blue & yellow just have me very confused.
When you first arrive at an area:
left (blue) choice: do audition/live/fes yourself
right (red) choice: have the idols do it themselves

Immediately before audition/live/fes:
left (blue) choice: change your idols' stage positions
top (yellow) choice: change the song you're using out of songs you've produced
right (red) choice: proceed with the audition/live/fes

« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 06:10:15 pm by TweenDoriru »

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #403 on: November 12, 2011, 06:28:49 pm »
When you first arrive at an area:
left (blue) choice: do audition/live/fes yourself
right (red) choice: have the idols do it themselves

Immediately before audition/live/fes:
left (blue) choice: change your idols' stage positions
top (yellow) choice: change the song you're using out of songs you've produced
right (red) choice: proceed with the audition/live/fes

Thank you! At least now the game is easier for me to get through now.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 12, 2011, 09:49:56 pm »
You need to beat the game with all 3 of them to get Beyond the Stars in the PS3 version instead of just one of them. If you don't need to have the character as your leader, then you just need to do a produce with Hibiki & Takane in the unit. Or maybe you need to still use each as leader. Not sure DX

All character based unlocks are obtained by having the idol in your unit so you can get all of those former DLC costumes as gifts in 3 playthroughs if you add a bit of variety to your units.
Beyond the Stars however requires you to use the 3 as leaders, hence why you can't obtain and use it in your first 3 playthroughs.