Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 153543 times)

GreyToshiaki

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #300 on: August 19, 2011, 09:05:26 pm »
Auto-commands would be when you tell your idols to do something themselves. i.e. before you go to a audition/lesson, the 2 commu-boxes pop up. The blue one on the left is to do it yourself, the right one is to leave it to your idols.

I'm already at week 36, it never happened to me.

After performing Live, there's an extra encore where you can perform as duo. Is there any way to change who will be performing?
Is there any effect of doing this encore? I can change the song but does it affect my KEEP?

And, is the PV in the ranking affects the rank? Can we change the PV?

iM@S Anime in Malay sub here!! http://Animage-RE.blogspot.com

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 19, 2011, 10:55:34 pm »
I'm already at week 36, it never happened to me.
Unlocked after 1st playthrough

After performing Live, there's an extra encore where you can perform as duo. Is there any way to change who will be performing?
Not really, for Solos the game'll use member lined up at slot 1 and members 2 and 3 for duos. You can change the member line up before starting the rhythm game part of stages after 1st playthrough iirc.

Is there any effect of doing this encore? I can change the song but does it affect my KEEP?
This affects nothing in the game, gameplaywise, but people use it for uploading solo, duo or quintet replays on the leaderboards.

And, is the PV in the ranking affects the rank?
No

Can we change the PV?
Select save replay after a stage performance. The game uses your last saved replay, made with that unit, for that song.

Imo unless you want a spot on the leaderboards, pvs are a waste of time in story mode. You'll be skipping it most of the time neways. You can save some time by disabling it in the options menu.

DJStarstryker

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 20, 2011, 06:56:22 am »
I wanted to go ahead and put another link to the English language im@s wiki project. Again, it's different from this site's wiki. It's more of a translation/strategy guide project. My "partner-in-crime", SakuraSylph, has actually added a ton of pages in the past almost 2 weeks. He's doing almost all of the work.  :P

Current pages include:
- Amulet (Charm) Guide
- Costume / Accessories Guide
- Evening Communications Guide
- Unlockables
- Achievements Guide
- Story Timeline/Calendar Guide

...and the general game strategy page. This latter one is my own personal project that I'm working on right now. It's very, very, very incomplete and not very good yet. But the rest should hopefully be useful! Link is below.

http://imas.wikia.com/wiki/The_Idolm@ster_Wiki

We are focusing on im@s 2 right now. We're probably going to go back to im@s 1 360 and im@s SP at some point. Live 4 You is extremely low priority since you don't really need any Japanese for that except for possibly menu navigation.
GIZA!

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #303 on: August 20, 2011, 07:20:19 am »
In case it helps.

Speaking of which, there've been some numbers on score/voltage bonuses up on the Japanese wiki, but some of those numbers I can't corroborate, strangely enough.

Code: [Select]
(Didn't get all of these.)

small medium large super
Regular Appeal Voltage UP x1.15 x1.3 x1.5 x3.25
Regular Appeal Voltage DOWN x0.85 --- --- ---
Specific Appeal Voltage UP x1.25 x1.35 --- ---
Specific Appeal Voltage DOWN --- --- ---
Memory Appeal Voltage UP --- x1.05 x1.8
Burst Appeal Score UP ---
Burst Appeal Score DOWN ---
Regular Appeal Score UP ---
Regular Appeal Score DOWN --- --- ---
Specific Appeal Score UP x1.1 ---
Specific Appeal Score DOWN --- --- ---
Memory Appeal Score DOWN --- ---

(Reporter) Ataku x1.4

Reporter Boost seems to be x1.4. If you've got multiple bonuses, they seem to stack multiplicatively (Reporter and Regular Appeal Voltage UP (medium) looks like 1 x1.3 x1.4 ~ 1.82, rather than 1 + .3 + .4 = 1.7).

I also have no clue what mail boost does, it didn't seem to affect the number of beats to a full Voltage meter for me.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:24:03 am by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

GreyToshiaki

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 22, 2011, 01:51:44 am »
I wanted to go ahead and put another link to the English language im@s wiki project. Again, it's different from this site's wiki. It's more of a translation/strategy guide project. My "partner-in-crime", SakuraSylph, has actually added a ton of pages in the past almost 2 weeks. He's doing almost all of the work.  :P

Current pages include:
- Amulet (Charm) Guide
- Unlockables
- Achievements Guide

...and the general game strategy page. This latter one is my own personal project that I'm working on right now. It's very, very, very incomplete and not very good yet. But the rest should hopefully be useful! Link is below.

We are focusing on im@s 2 right now. We're probably going to go back to im@s 1 360 and im@s SP at some point. Live 4 You is extremely low priority since you don't really need any Japanese for that except for possibly menu navigation.

Great!
But the one that I really needed is the menu translation (especially option menu). Can someone translate the manual?
I still dont know about those danketsu meter.
iM@S Anime in Malay sub here!! http://Animage-RE.blogspot.com

MissDeidara

• Afuu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 04, 2011, 09:02:37 pm »
Current pages include:
- Amulet (Charm) Guide
- Unlockables
- Achievements Guide

Woah, these are really helpeful! I got the feeling I will be using it often when I get my Idolm@sterc copy. Thank you for your hard work!

I have a tiny question about the gameplay ; I know at some point in the game you get to invite two of Ryuugu Komachi's idols for a quintet live, and there are possibilities to get ditched by them. I already know I have to invite Ritusko so I can unlock Ryuugu Komachi's outfit, but who is the other one I should choose? I wanted to invite Azusa simply because she is one of my favorite, but then I remembered about her terrible sense of direction and thought it wasn't a good idea. So, is there really a better choice (like Iori or Ami) or are the possibilities of getting ditched are just random?

On that topic, I have another question that may sounds silly ; to do this quintet live, one of your released song has to be one of the song that can be performed in quintet, right? Or do you have the possibility to choose one when you decide to do the concert?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:05:41 pm by MissDeidara »
While being a fangirl of Touma, MissDeidara really enjoys beating this latter in Fes.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 04, 2011, 11:50:16 pm »
I have a tiny question about the gameplay ; I know at some point in the game you get to invite two of Ryuugu Komachi's idols for a quintet live, and there are possibilities to get ditched by them. I already know I have to invite Ritusko so I can unlock Ryuugu Komachi's outfit, but who is the other one I should choose? I wanted to invite Azusa simply because she is one of my favorite, but then I remembered about her terrible sense of direction and thought it wasn't a good idea. So, is there really a better choice (like Iori or Ami) or are the possibilities of getting ditched are just random?
Does not matter at all. Character traits aren't a factor in this game, unlike iM@S1 where we had downwards spirals, end of the week regenerating tension and happy go lucky members.
Gameplay wise the first time you invite an idol they will pretty much always appear for the encore. Afterwards it depends on how well you get along with the individual idol and how often you invited an idol for quintets. For producable idols this reflects on how often you used them in units, commus etc.
Although you don't actually need to invite any of the RK unit members, there's an achievement associated with inviting all of those.

On that topic, I have another question that may sounds silly ; to do this quintet live, one of your released song has to be one of the song that can be performed in quintet, right? Or do you have the possibility to choose one when you decide to do the concert?
Quintet performances are mere encore songs and encores don't affect anything gameplay wise. For regular encores the game allows you to select any song you've produced with your current unit but for quintet ones you're allowed to select any song that's compatible for quintet use.
Because encores happen after the actual scoring game, it's pretty much pointless wasting too much time on deciding on who you want to use. Just leave that for S4U, just go with RK members first and afterwards you could pick who you want.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:54:18 pm by BT2 »

MissDeidara

• Afuu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 05, 2011, 09:50:41 pm »
Does not matter at all. Character traits aren't a factor in this game, unlike iM@S1 where we had downwards spirals, end of the week regenerating tension and happy go lucky members.
Gameplay wise the first time you invite an idol they will pretty much always appear for the encore. Afterwards it depends on how well you get along with the individual idol and how often you invited an idol for quintets. For producable idols this reflects on how often you used them in units, commus etc.
Although you don't actually need to invite any of the RK unit members, there's an achievement associated with inviting all of those.
Quintet performances are mere encore songs and encores don't affect anything gameplay wise. For regular encores the game allows you to select any song you've produced with your current unit but for quintet ones you're allowed to select any song that's compatible for quintet use.
Because encores happen after the actual scoring game, it's pretty much pointless wasting too much time on deciding on who you want to use. Just leave that for S4U, just go with RK members first and afterwards you could pick who you want.

I see.
I had pretty much guessed it wouldn't be that important, but I wanted to make sure. Thank you for the answers!
While being a fangirl of Touma, MissDeidara really enjoys beating this latter in Fes.

DJStarstryker

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 05, 2011, 10:07:45 pm »
So I ran into something weird last night. I'm working on my 8th play through and this is the first time I've seen this happen.

I thought Super Breaks worked similar to normal Breaks, where you could only get it around 10 weeks after a song had been out, but it just made your song jump up higher on the chart than a normal Break. I had been doing auditions/lives every single week with Kyun! Vampire Girl since choosing it. I had a pretty decent score (over 50k) and I had good fan awareness in several places on the map. The week that Kyun! Vampire Girl debuted on the charts... BAM! I got a Super Break and it debuted at #2 on the chart with an insane amount of sales. The Super Break status made it easily go to #1 the next week. Now that it is done gaining sales, the #2 on DoTop TV isn't even close.

How common is it to get a Super Break on the very first week something is released? Also, is it possible to debut at #1, or do you always start at #2 at the highest?
GIZA!

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 05, 2011, 10:27:49 pm »
I thought Super Breaks worked similar to normal Breaks, where you could only get it around 10 weeks after a song had been out, but it just made your song jump up higher on the chart than a normal Break.

8<----------snip

How common is it to get a Super Break on the very first week something is released? Also, is it possible to debut at #1, or do you always start at #2 at the highest?

Actually, you can only get super breaks at sales week 1 and it doubles the sales coefficient iirc. I'm not sure if it's possible to get 1st spot in week 1 even with doubled sales, it's been months since I last played this game so I don't recall the approximate numbers one gets and the amount of sales the current #1 has.

For reference:
Do a Fes to get a Break, obtainable at earliest on 6th week of sales, or 10 weeks since selecting the song. Only works on latest song, this allows your latest song to sell for 4 weeks again.
Do a Live to get a Keep, works only on your latest song and only keeps your sales coefficient from dropping too much, useless after a few weeks.
Do an Audition to get a Revival, only possible if the song you're producing isn't your latest. Basically a break for anything other than your latest song.
Do S. Lives to get a Super Break: Only obtainable by doing special lives and before the sales actually starts; the 4 weeks gap between selecting and selling. Greatly increases sales coefficient for the initial 4 weeks.

It should be noted that special lives aren't the same as regular ones and won't trigger keeps.
It's unknown whether national auditions trigger revives.

DJStarstryker

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 06, 2011, 06:09:59 am »
Great!
But the one that I really needed is the menu translation (especially option menu). Can someone translate the manual?
I still dont know about those danketsu meter.

We're working on the manual and other options. It's just slow because Sakura is a perfectionist and keeps wanting to make Photoshopped translations.  ;)

Here's our page for Danketsu. We took pictures of all of the statuses (well, minus two - but we hope to get them at some point) and will post them next to the statuses. But if you need the pic now, compare to your manual. It's in the same order.

http://imas.wikia.com/wiki/Danketsu_Status_Indicators
GIZA!

faythz

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2011, 11:59:51 am »
I have a question
how can I change My Mood unit?
It's been a three week and My unit still had a Demoralized mood because They lose to RK
How can I fix that? I try to give them OFF but still didn't work

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2011, 12:25:22 pm »
Freetime's only useful for recovering from fatigue caused by self commands.
The best way to restore the bonds in your unit is by selecting the correct answer during evening commu, though for people who don't like looking up things when playing one could always try tactically selecting answers during morning commu.
Buying a lot of items at once/ spending a lot when shopping also improves mood but depending on this is silly because shops will eventually run out of items :|

faythz

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2011, 12:59:34 pm »
Freetime's only useful for recovering from fatigue caused by self commands.
The best way to restore the bonds in your unit is by selecting the correct answer during evening commu, though for people who don't like looking up things when playing one could always try tactically selecting answers during morning commu.
Buying a lot of items at once/ spending a lot when shopping also improves mood but depending on this is silly because shops will eventually run out of items :|

for correct answer during Morning commu which expression is the Right one ?
I always get 1 Girl Happy but 2 of them seems mad is It this correct one or 3 girls must happy?
btw I can't read moonrune sorry.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 12, 2011, 03:34:14 pm »
Imo the "not being able to read moonrune" excuse is moot seeing as how the game only has a certain amount of prefixed questions with prefixed answers that affects your unit in the same way everytime a certain answer's picked.
The same questions always produce the same +++ and --- answer or the same -++ and +-- answer.
After 15-25 weeks of game time one should be farmiliar with the questions and their associated answers.

Anyways, for me a correct morning commu involves the least amount of angry faces you'll see when you pick an answer; 2 happy 1 mad or 3 happy.
I've been referring to such answers as -++ and +++ answers for some time now.

Ideally the quickest way to get out of strained is by selecting a +++ answer in the morning and selecting the correct answer during evening commu, most people might not like having to look up everything on the internet all the time when playing a game so there's the morning commu method.

For ease of explanation I've made these illustrations in ms paint for the morning only method. Note. images are for illustrative purposes and aren't accurate, though they should still give some insight on how juggling mood works for iM@S2. Also, the game doesn't give you a clear indication on the individual tension between your idols but that doesn't really matter neways.

Assuming you'd just lost to RK, member 1 and 2 will be angry at Leader.

The fastest way to get back to neutral would be to balance the tension between the 3 idols; we want to make L happy while retaining or lowering 1 and 2 evenly.
Assuming yo get unlucky and get +-- and -++ answers, obviously pick ++-, if you can pick +++ go for that one.

Here I'm picking an answer that negatively impacts 1 while raising L and 2 (-++)

See how the distance between 1 and L decreased?
Now do the same but for member 2

The tension between the 3's somewhat balanced by now and the overall status should be back to neutral now.
Though 2 weeks should be enough, repeat when necessary if it's not back to neutral yet.

While we're still talking bout plus and minusses, because unity's the game's main theme one can't randomly raise tension.

Assume one's been focusing plusses on one idol
Nothing wrong yet but..

With the surplus of plusses the other 2 will think the happy idol's annoying and/or can't cope with their stupidity/sillyness which'll turn the overall mood to Turnoff [Sweatdrop]

Onoz [lightning bolts], if you don't fix this soon we'll have a falling out soon..

This also applies to getting surplusses for 2 idols and leaving one out, we'll get the [broken heart] instead of a sweatdrop then.

Also, I know I picked horibad colors but I'm too lazy to redo those images. Just squint a bit if you're having a hard time differentiating pastel yellow from white.