Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 154162 times)

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #225 on: April 06, 2011, 05:35:34 pm »
You basically need to achieve 2 Breaks/Revives with a single, er, single to reach the top at the end of the game.

My personal highest for one single is something like 240+ I think. And I had the top three spots back to back to back. Breaks and Revives, with the occasional dose of a Super-Break, are your best friends.
No you don't, one is enough. Imo you don't need to worry about sales and position at all, it's not visible on the leaderboards so it's pretty much pointless. Or if you like recording your results you could take a picture with a camera or some screen recorder or so of your results.

This is the lazy "I don't like to plan and/or focus on pointless or annoying details" man's method
You can actually play like you want until week 48, never switched any songs and never gotten any special condition and just go for CD5.
The best part with CD 5 is that if you don't switch it it'll basically be the only CD(assuming you aren't delaying a new release) you'll be producing for more than 10 weeks in a row.
Why is this good?
By playing normally you'll be getting lots of stars by getting perfects or one could even use a set bonus. After week 48 or so keep doing FES's until you get a break.
Assuming you already had 130-145k sales on cd5 and you have 500k+ fans, your end value will at least double after 4 weeks of break.
Pointless story: The first time I got a break with CD5 was in my 2nd playthrough and it was after I beat Jupiter :|
So even if you have bad luck, you technically have up to week 54 for FES's but you'll only get the first week of break sales.
With 130-145k, you'll still have 200-225k or so.

Again, this isn't the best method, but rather the crudest and probably worst though easiest method because you don't need to micromanage, plan ahead, hope luck is on your side and/ or keep track of pointless details.

tldr; don't worry about special conditions up till week 48 if you're lazy or dont like to think too much.
Stick to the same song and keep doing FES's after it's been in the chart for at least 10 weeks.

I've always gotten a break in week 48-53 in all my playthroughs after my 2nd with song 5.

Also, there's in fact an achievement for getting dotop rank 1.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 05:41:11 pm by :| »

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 06, 2011, 06:53:50 pm »
Yeah you're right, you may or may not need to achieve 2 Breaks/Revives with a single CD to reach the number 1 spot at the end. It really depends on how many fans you've got, etc etc.

I think on my 2nd playthrough I didn't manage to snag the number 1 spot at the end of the game because after achieving a Break with my 4th single I was just 10,000 sales short of no.1 or something. My 5th single's total sales for the first 4 or 5 weeks failed to break that barrier too - and because I had delayed the release of some of my singles, I could not try for a Break for the 5th single.

But if you've got the right strategy, getting to number 1 is quite a cinch really. On my 3rd playthrough I got to no.1 way before week 40, and then I just focused on getting my other singles as high as possible so that I owned the top 3 spots.
KIRBYSIM's channel for Idolmaster 2 videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/KIRBYSIM?feature=mhum
Please rate and "Like" the videos if you've enjoyed them. Thanks!

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2011, 12:45:00 pm »
Here's a really odd question, but...I just want to know XD Has little to do with actual gameplay, but...

whenever I'm in S4U mode (haven't tried it in story mode, though it's probably the same) and use a duo for Smoky Thrill, there seems to be a bit of a glitch with the voices? Where the song goes:

(leader) Sayonara
(other) Otodoioide
(leader) Oh, saraba
(other) Awayokuba mata

Azusa's voice always cuts out to the other person's. Hibiki's does, as well, but...only with some idols...geez, this sounds crazy. Nonetheless, I haven't tried it with everyone, and it seems that...well, if everyone did it, it would've been noticed by now for sure.

(cue super-fuzzy rushed demonstration video)

Seems to be mainly an Azusa issue, but I was trying to make a video with Hibiki as leader and it happened. Small issue, but annoying.

So does everyone's game do this and NBGI is cutting corners?  :(
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:05:53 pm by TweenDoriru »

kasmichan

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 07, 2011, 05:13:15 pm »
You basically need to achieve 2 Breaks/Revives with a single, er, single to reach the top at the end of the game.

My personal highest for one single is something like 240+ I think. And I had the top three spots back to back to back. Breaks and Revives, with the occasional dose of a Super-Break, are your best friends.

I don't even know if I'm already using Break or Revive after a live..XD when I got another opportunity to perform, I often hit "duet" then select the song that is actually 10 weeks old..though seems like it doesn't work that well in my case..oh well..I'll just go focus getting the true ends..I'm after the story more than the ranking..hehehe and I think there's nothing special with it aside from getting an achievement unless there's an unlockable packed with it..after getting the true ends I'll go replay my Idolm@ster game..I'm still not finished with it..

Oh another thing..no more awakened Miki here or there is?

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 07, 2011, 05:45:50 pm »
Yeah you're right, you may or may not need to achieve 2 Breaks/Revives with a single CD to reach the number 1 spot at the end. It really depends on how many fans you've got, etc etc.
Assuming one aims for a true end, one should at least have 500k fans so I don't really think one'd need more than 1 break with cd 5 for first place.

[Edit]
It's possible to get 1st without using a special condition, got one a few days ago.

But if you've got the right strategy, getting to number 1 is quite a cinch really. On my 3rd playthrough I got to no.1 way before week 40, and then I just focused on getting my other singles as high as possible so that I owned the top 3 spots.
While it's commendable for doing so, personally I think it's a waste of time. After a few playthroughs one'd get sick of overplanning stuff so imo being lazy's a better option if one doesn't intend to aim for a leaderboard slot.
If one is aiming for a leaderboard slot, going for a true end's technically a waste of time because you'll be wasting weeks you could've used better.

I don't even know if I'm already using Break or Revive after a live..XD when I got another opportunity to perform, I often hit "duet" then select the song that is actually 10 weeks old..though seems like it doesn't work that well in my case..oh well..
Selecting a song for an encore doesn't influence much(anything at all?) and is just there for having a different video for leaderboards pvs imo.
If you succesfully obtained a special condition, it'll be marked accordingly on the dotop charts on the upper right part of the info pane.
You can somewhat measure how many stars you've obtained already for a song but personally I wouldn't bother too much with it; even if it says the song's very popular(すごい人気), you'll still need tons of stars

Oh another thing..no more awakened Miki here or there is?
No
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:35:50 pm by :| »

kasmichan

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 07, 2011, 05:50:45 pm »
I see thanks..^^

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 10, 2011, 12:18:25 am »
You can somewhat measure how many stars you've obtained already for a song but personally I wouldn't bother too much with it; even if it says the song's very popular(すごい人気), you'll still need tons of stars

Hey thanks for this great tip!! Wow I don't know how many times I gave up on a Keep/Break/Revive because I thought it would just never come.

Oh yeah, btw have you ever seen a "Keep" status displayed in Dotop TV ranking? Or are Keeps just not indicated?

And yeah, I agree, it's a waste of time to go for the superfluous stuff unless you're trying to rank in... but it's still kinda fun and basically just mess around to see what I can do, as long as it doesn't take extra time to do it. Like for instance there's no good reason to touch Vesperia at all, but I'd attempt it if I can get a high score of 75,000 and above - might as well, right?
KIRBYSIM's channel for Idolmaster 2 videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/KIRBYSIM?feature=mhum
Please rate and "Like" the videos if you've enjoyed them. Thanks!

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2011, 12:52:58 am »
I don't think keeps're supposed to be marked but I never got one, nor do I bother watching the numbers on DoTop so what do I know :|

I can't beat Vesperia with a 76,7k score song and image 16; completely filled up main stat and trained to 40% maxed secondary stat to reach said level, for those who forgot; items don't affect image level, so my secondary stat's pretty high as well.

The reason why I'm mentioning the last part is because I've noticed how I can only beat certain special fes's with the auto-command set on full power with an image 13, main stat maxed out only, whereas I tell my unit to preserve their strength with my image 16 one. Both using a similar highscore.
This makes me believe either or both image level or total stats seem to affect the auto-stage commands as well. Selecting my weaker set-bonus set-up tends to make me lose more often as well.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:18:18 am by :| »

kasmichan

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 10, 2011, 05:14:06 am »
I don't think keeps're supposed to be marked but I never got one, nor do I bother watching the numbers on DoTop so what do I know :|

I can't beat Vesperia with a 76,7k score song and image 16; completely filled up main stat and trained to 40% maxed secondary stat to reach said level, for those who forgot; items don't affect image level, so my secondary stat's pretty high as well.

The reason why I'm mentioning the last part is because I've noticed how I can only beat certain special fes's with the auto-command set on full power with an image 13, main stat maxed out only, whereas I tell my unit to preserve their strength with my image 16 one. Both using a similar highscore.
This makes me believe either or both image level or total stats seem to affect the auto-stage commands as well. Selecting my weaker set-bonus set-up tends to make me lose more often as well.

can you translate those auto commands? I can't understand those so I often select the one with the "!" in it..hehehe

oh yeah.. just noticed..after getting the top 1 on DoTop, my idols tend to take day-offs automatically...is there a way to prevent them from doing it? they're doing it every other week and I'm week 47 now and I need to max my image lvl...

the way I did to get top 1 is to reserve the special fes's..I just maintained the 100k fans for each prefecture and hit the special fes in 5 consecutive weeks..I found it raises the salesquicker than doing special fes's quickly after getting 100k fans..

airgeneralpong

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 11, 2011, 06:02:07 am »
I have completed up to level 3 and have my office changed.
But wonder why does the game allow only my 2nd Unit to have the new office ?

Before I complete my 1st Unit, I have 5 units on my list. But once I complete my 1st Unit, the other units do not have the new office except the 2nd unit. Does anybody know why ?

Actually, I also would like to know what the game actually asks at the end after showing the playing stats and comes back to main menu (asking like if I would like to save or something).

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 11, 2011, 06:46:51 am »
can you translate those auto commands? I can't understand those so I often select the one with the "!" in it..hehehe
For both stage and lessons, left is strongest and most tiring, right is weakest and less straining whereas the upper choice is somewhere between the two.

oh yeah.. just noticed..after getting the top 1 on DoTop, my idols tend to take day-offs automatically...is there a way to prevent them from doing it? they're doing it every other week and I'm week 47 now and I need to max my image lvl...
Stop abusing auto-commands, especially the go all out one.
Having an interval between usages will give your idols some time to recover but if it gets serious, look at the danketsu circle, give them a week off. It's a lot better than them taking one themself.
It seems to recover more, also you get 1 point of danketsu for the  day off command and 4/2 danketsu in the morning.

I have completed up to level 3 and have my office changed.
But wonder why does the game allow only my 2nd Unit to have the new office ?

Before I complete my 1st Unit, I have 5 units on my list. But once I complete my 1st Unit, the other units do not have the new office except the 2nd unit. Does anybody know why ?
Clear the other units?
It's probably something designed so you can only see the new building skit once per upgrade or just some poor coding thus saving building data in an unit slot, but saving the "trigger the new building event" flag in the producerdata. The game probably only checks the building level at the start of a new game and it only checks for said flag once and afterwards unflags it, thus showing the event only once.

Actually, I also would like to know what the game actually asks at the end after showing the playing stats and comes back to main menu (asking like if I would like to save or something).
Isn't it obvious?
Do you want to save clear data blabla, clear data won't be usable anymore blabla.
It's nothing special.

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 11, 2011, 10:24:31 pm »
*totally ignored!* ; ;

anyway...is there any way to turn off the lyrics in performances? I'm hoping it's just something really obvious that I missed, but I remember you could just hit 'Y' in L4U performances to shut 'em off.

HeavenS

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2011, 05:05:11 am »
Does anyone know the exact dates the BK Maniac has their 10% off sales at all?

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 12, 2011, 09:56:32 pm »
Something I wrote when my internet died.
Note. values mentioned below are mostly exagerated or unconfirmed but should still give a decent view on why something is or isn't awful.
Though unscientific it should still shed a new light on certain aspects people tend to forget.

Scoring and me
iM@S2's scoring system is needlessly complicated and badly worked out. NBGI programmers in charge of it should be sacked.

There are many songs one can select in the game, though it might seem that it doesn't matter which one one should select, it's in fact wrong.
There's a great difference in scoring potential between songs with a high bpm and songs with a low bpm.

Songs with a high bpm give less score and voltage, but has more appeal chances when compared to a song with a low bpm.
NBGI poorly thought up a way to counterbalance the difference between the amount of appeal chances and scoring;

Combos and bursting1
Songs with a bpm of 120 earn 1.5 times the amount of points a 180bpm song gets. NBGI doesn't use exact differences as modifiers but uses some other vague value.
While this sounds fair on paper; 150 chances to appeal with a 1 multiplier vs 100 x 1.5 multiplier it doesn't because NBGI forgot to factor 2 elements in, namely combo bonuses and burst appeals.

Because the combo bonus is calculated as combo+5, having a longer combo will give more points, in the long run it'll be a difference of a few thousand points.

The biggest problem however's burst appealing. Bursting score is based on a special stat called "danketsu"(and nothing else!) times the stat multipliers x2 times character based bursts.
The way danketsu can be acquired is mentioned in an earlier post.
The biggest problem is that because bursting eats up approx 10 appeal chances AND because danketsu doesn't get offsetted by the low bpm bonus multiplier, you'll basically be spending 1.5 times more time to get the same amount of score as a faster bpm song.

Memory appealing and bursting2
For dual route users who use a special charm, there's nothing more pointless than memory appeals outside of fes's with the exception of bumping up your multiplier after a burst.
Using a memory appeal will give a good amount of points but it eats up 6 or so appeal chances after your initial usage and gives out a mediocre amount of points during those missed chances. Not only do you lose the chance to raise your combo bonus with 6 but you've missed out 6 chances to get more score by using your main stat.

Characters with a 6/2/2 burst, Chihaya and Hibiki, set your multipliers to 0.9 0.9 1.3
Using a secondary stat to raise your main stat back from 0.9 to 1.1 takes 0.2/0.036 or approx 6 appeals. Using a memory appeal not only gives you a good amount of points initially but also sets your main and sub stat back to 1.1
Though it's also usable on Miki with 5/3/2, you'd be losing out a 3x multiplied burst chance so Miki isn't really recommended anyways.

I'll laugh at you if you use a char with a 4/3/3 burst, not only won't they need the mem appeal because they'd be faster off doing 3 regular secondary appeals, you'd be losing out tons of points on bursts.
You're a fool if you burst with anyone other than Chihaya, Hibiki or Miki and the latter's already debatable. Mami sucks too if you can have Hibiki instead.

Multipliers.
Assuming one uses a dual appeal route, one'd use approx 0.08 secondary stat multiplier to bump up main's with 0. 36, but is it really worth it?
CaelK already showed us that one'd need approx 32% of a song to max out one voltage bar.
What this tells us is that assuming one bursts immediately, one needs to win back the difference between the scores gained from secondary and the gained difference with main.
Or, assuming appal chances= 0.85x bpm (this is a rough number, don't take it too seriously) we'll see that a 180bpm has 153 appeal chances and a 120bpm 102.
Again, these values aren't correct but are a quick mock-up for easier calculations.

It takes 14 secondary appeals to get main to 1.5
For slower songs that mean they need to spend 14 out of 120*0.32 or 38-14(38 in incorrect but let's use this number because I didn't feel like looking for the actual one), meaning they have 24 appeals left to win back the lost stats.
For faster songs this means 180*0.32 or 58'ish to get a full bar. 58-14=44 appeals to win back te difference.

How much you'll need to break even depends on the difference between your main and secondary stat; assuming your main's on 250 and secondary on 90, after one secondary appeal you'll bump the main multiplier with approx 0.036. In case of 250 it means you gain 250*0.036 or 9 points per appeal. This means you win back the 160 in 18 appeals (160/9).

For a 180bpm song this means that you'll win back the costs after 18 appeals, thus leaving you with 26 appeals with 9 profit.
For a 120 bpm song assume you have the same stats, but you get the 1.5 multiplier. This means you'll spend 18 appeals out of 24 to break even, thus giving you a profit
of 13.5 for 6 appeals.

Doing more secondary appeals to bump up main should produce similar results, faster good, slower bad but with far greater value differences.

When wanting to burst more often one needs to determine the hotspot between secondaty and main, cost and profit.

Tldr; faster songs have better scoring potential than slower ones.

Bursting, the early weeks.
Because you start out the game with 20 danketsu, one doesn't need to be a rocketscientist to notice it sucks early in the game.

For people who're using specialised dual route gear it means that bursting early on in the game's just retarded.
Don't burst because I've seen many people doing bursts that give less score with the 3 multiplier than just using their main appeal on yt and livestreams.
For a quick reference, assuming one wants to break the charts by getting in the top 20 asap, one has approx 33 danketsu in week 3.
Bursting with 33x 3 would be stupid if your main stat gives 200 with a 1.5 multiplier when using a slower song.
In week 6 you shouldnt've shortened the distance between the 2 by a whole lot, you'd have approx 45-50 danketsu by then and it should give 150 at most with the highest multiplier..
Because bursting also lowers your multipliers not only do you lose out on points, you also will be killing your multiplier.
Many people seem to have a hard time getting 30k only because they burst.
Assuming one uses up their slow songs asap, there's even less reason to burst!
Only burst near the end of the song!

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 12, 2011, 11:12:47 pm »
Does anyone know the exact dates the BK Maniac has their 10% off sales at all?
I think it's actually just random, unfortunately. While Yasuko is nice to us and has 30% off sales the same weeks every time you play...it seems you only get the BK 10% discount when BK himself is not there.