Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 153552 times)

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2011, 10:52:38 pm »
Vs. Ryuugu Komachi (Week 10) - Forced Loss
Vs. Ryuugu Komachi (Week 21) - Must Win to Progress
Vs. Touma (Week ...34?) - Forced Draw
Vs. Jupiter (Week 54) - Must Win to Progress
Alright, thank you! :D

Himoto

• Apprentice
  • RUN FOR YOUR LIVES.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2011, 11:46:20 pm »
Got another two questions for y'all, if that's okay!

1. Is there a way of increasing the 'trust' level of Ryuuguu Komachi and Ritsuko for your quintet lives? I assume the playable idols you just have to constantly produce to raise their trust, but if I'm wrong I would appreciate an explanation on exactly how trust works.

2. Those little stars while you are getting perfect chains during auditions e.t.c. are used for increasing the chance of obtaining Keep, Break and Revivals, yes? If so, what would you guys recommend as the best amulet to increase the chance of getting these goddamn lucky stars?

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2011, 03:35:18 am »
So I just got past the IA Nomination event thing, I have one song in the Top 2, and I'm at Image Level 12. I'm really confused about what I'm supposed to do to "win" the game. Are there specific events I'm supposed to pass?

... Aim for whatever ending you want.

Really Bad End - No awards.
Regular Bad (?) End - Don't get the Grand Prix award, but get others.
Good End - Get the Grand Prix award.
True End - Get all awards.

Grand Prix = One song in Top 10, 300k fans.
Others = Get 100k fans in one area, win a special Festival (you get one chance per area).

... I wonder if a sticky would be nice for this sort of stuff. Only if the first post is updated regularly, I guess...
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2011, 03:54:16 am »
... I wonder if a sticky would be nice for this sort of stuff. Only if the first post is updated regularly, I guess...
I'll do my best to keep it updated ^^; But I can't follow half of the algebra-soaked complex info, and I wouldn't know how to put that up there, exactly D: Answered questions and such are cake, though.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2011, 04:35:07 am »
Oh, holy crap! Wow... thanks.

And uh... sorry, I didn't really mean to pile the pressure on...
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2011, 06:29:56 am »
Oh, holy crap! Wow... thanks.

And uh... sorry, I didn't really mean to pile the pressure on...
Actually, a bit of pressure is good ;) Keeps me motivated to keep it updated~

On that note, can I ask about the iM@S2 morning greetings? It seems that your idols come in, and you pick one of them (...for something), they say a little something, and you have a positive / negative answer choice...?

I know the morning greetings in iM@S1 were pure random choice, but what are iM@S2's? A general loose outline of them would be great, if no one minds :)

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2011, 07:58:46 am »
The game makes an absolute distinction between good and bad answers and no matter what was said before, and no matter which idol you're talking to, if one gets the same answers to pick from, the same answer will have the same effect as everytime you pick that answer.

This makes it possible to make a complete list of answers grouped by the answers you can pick from.

Basically everything's either:

Selected char, member, member:
Mood + + + or - - - ; good and wrong answer
or
Mood + - - or - + +; or being nice or being mean to your speaking partner.

This also brings up an observation I posted some while ago on irc, namely the fact that knowing who to anger and who to be friendly to can cut down the time you're stuck at certain moods:
The short version's something like: be mean to happy people and be nice to angry people.
The fastest way to reduce negative moods is by having similar moodvalues between all characters.

I.e. after you lose to RK most people will be stuck with strained atmosphere the most common and the most logical and realistic way to patch this up would be by trying to make everybody happy.
In practice one would notice that this takes way to much time and might not even give the wanted results.

A better and more efficient way would be by reducing the distance between the 3 members by being selective mean to your sub members;
If both your members hate the leader you should alternate between picking the wrong answer for member 1 and 2 untill the distance between the 3 has been reduced or pick a good answer that raises everyones mood.

1 L 2
- + +
+ + -

In other words, alternate between being mean to 1 and 2, thus wrongly answering for member 1 will reduces distance between leader and 2 and increase the distance between 1 and 2
Continue but pick member 2 and repeat untill necessary.

For people who aren't fluent at japanese I would refrain from picking answers at the end of a day when the unit isnt at a positive mood, cause one might make everything worse.

I can get a perfectly compatible unit back to neutral from strained in 2 weeks (after losing to RK) and 3 weeks if they are compatible to some extent this way.

[Edit]
By 2 weeks; I mean the weeks one can actually influence something, sure you start with strained at w10 but you can actually do stuff counting from week 11, so the 2 weeks refer to week 11 and 12.
In week 13 everyone'll be at neutral again.
Don't worry if the danketsu meter changes to a different negative mood, it'll always be be better than a black one.
Continue focussing on who to anger and who to befriend.

[13:34] <k0sm0s> game logic
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:06:51 am by BT2 »

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2011, 08:43:51 am »
Well, that does kinda make sense...It seems like it would make better sense to just be agreeable with everyone, but it does kinda have its own logic to it XD I'll link that post on the top page, thanks :3

So, who counts as an "angry" idols? Chihaya, but who else? XD

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2011, 08:55:40 am »
So, who counts as an "angry" idols? Chihaya, but who else? XD

With angry idols I'm not referring to the personalities of certain idols, but to their current mood.

An angry idol is someone who's angry at another idol, sometimes there are 2 of them.
You need to pay attention to the idols at the beginning of the week, just look out for sparks etc or idols forming seperate groups in your unit.

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2011, 11:22:39 am »
Does it matter if you isolated the sole idol who's happy/angry and pick the appropriate option (either +--, or -++)?

I've always just picked either the +++ option or the -++ one, and never really had any issues managing their moods.

Cos in real life, if you have someone who's isolated from the group, saying something that will make him/her happy and piss off the rest of the group, or something that pisses him/her off and makes the rest feel good, will only serve to isolate that lone wolf further, am-I-right?

How do you see the individual moods of each idol?
KIRBYSIM's channel for Idolmaster 2 videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/KIRBYSIM?feature=mhum
Please rate and "Like" the videos if you've enjoyed them. Thanks!

kiryogi

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2011, 12:49:25 pm »
Does it matter if you isolated the sole idol who's happy/angry and pick the appropriate option (either +--, or -++)?

I've always just picked either the +++ option or the -++ one, and never really had any issues managing their moods.

Cos in real life, if you have someone who's isolated from the group, saying something that will make him/her happy and piss off the rest of the group, or something that pisses him/her off and makes the rest feel good, will only serve to isolate that lone wolf further, am-I-right?

Don't think there is any way really outside of the Danketsu and how they react during the morning greeting. Well this was a good bit of insight. I've always tried to pamper the angry girl, but never thought about being mean to the happy ones. Hrm hrm.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2011, 06:02:11 pm »

Sure it might work but personally I dislike having to force a reset just to get a +++ all the time, but the reason why I posted that is because I'm convinced doing that is faster than fixing the mood by being nice to a specific or to all the idols.
I know juggling with mood is easy, especially for those of you who's been playing the game for a while but some people might have problems fixing the mood in the unit after RK and blame their sub-par highscores on that, btw you know who you are :|

[13:34] <k0sm0s> game logic
I know it doesnt really make sense cause technically by doing what I mentioned one would just create a 3-way war, but luckily there's no such mood in the game thus it can only get better if you do :|

Don't think there is any way really outside of the Danketsu and how they react during the morning greeting.
This

A fully compatible unit at neutral mood in week 13 using only the morning choices.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 06:13:40 pm by BT2 »

hotsoup

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2011, 07:57:24 pm »
I managed to get neutral mood on week 12 just by picking the right choice during the night on week 11.
JP wiki already has a comprehensive list of the correct answers.
After finishing the game multiple times, I can say for certain you do not really need to care much about the morning choices. Just pick the +++ choice or the -++ choice. Picking the correct answer during the night is far more important. And you do not need to talk to your idols at night if their mood is neutral or positive.

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2011, 12:02:51 pm »
I managed to get neutral mood on week 12 just by picking the right choice during the night on week 11.
JP wiki already has a comprehensive list of the correct answers.
After finishing the game multiple times, I can say for certain you do not really need to care much about the morning choices. Just pick the +++ choice or the -++ choice. Picking the correct answer during the night is far more important. And you do not need to talk to your idols at night if their mood is neutral or positive.

Yeah, same. If you use the night-time communication and pick the correct answer (the list on JP wiki is non-exhaustive, there was one I had to figure out for myself), it takes 1, maybe 2 weeks top to get back to peak condition.

Anyway, for those of you who'd rather use the morning communication method, here's a list of the responses I've compiled so far (may have missed one or two):

OK。覚えとく    +++
ふーん・・・・・・  ---

気にするな -++
そうだよな    +--

ちょっと         
どうかと思うぞ -++ 
たまには、そういう
こともあるよ      +--

ムリ言うなよ -++  
いい考えだな  +--

うん、考えとくよ +++  
本当か?             ---

うん、わかったよ       +++ 
なんだ、そうか・・・・・・   --- 

わからないな  -++
よくわかるよ   +--

よし、いい感じだな!      +++
おいおい、空回りするなよ ---

そうか。
俺も同じ気持ちだよ。 +++
えっ。
そうなんだ・・・・・・       ---

期待はずれだよ・・・・・・ -++
考えはわかった         +--

そんなこと言うなよ  -++
そうかもしれないな  +--

そんなこと
言われると困る -++
それでも
いいじゃないか +--

やる気を感じるよ! +++
余計なことは
言わなくていいぞ   ---

そうか、安心したよ  +++
不安だよ                ---
KIRBYSIM's channel for Idolmaster 2 videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/KIRBYSIM?feature=mhum
Please rate and "Like" the videos if you've enjoyed them. Thanks!

kiryogi

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2011, 08:47:21 pm »
Curious. What are the facial icons for when you pick guests for the quintet lives? Seems like more you use them, less likely they're going to show up or something?

Also, did I have to include Ritsuko in a quintet live in order to unlock the Ryuugu Komachi outfits? I didn't see any unlock message after my recent playthru where I gave her the proper answers.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:49:56 pm by kiryogi »