Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 153410 times)

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2011, 02:21:40 pm »
I apologize if it seems like I'm concerning myself over little things, but...

... The overflow from a Perfect, a Normal, two actual Perfects, and a Secret Communication which was probably a Perfect (could've been a Good) got me one full heart. So, I'd say four Perfects will give you one heart, or very close. This means in eight or nine weeks, minimum, you can have three Appeals. You can wait for Secret Communications too, I've seen... four or so that give you heart (at week 51). Last one was at... around 45.

EDIT: Memory Appeals seem to give increasing meter if done in succession. The first gives you around 25%, the second will set you at around 65%. The third will give you the rest of the bar.

EDIT 2: Just something I'm thinking having done two Special Fests...

Against an opponent with more memories than you, if they're determined to memory bomb -> burst, I'm not sure if even Sugamo can stop them unless you happen to be sitting on a burst when they start (that way, you can fit in an extra voltage drop). And with Sugamo, if they burst once, that's pretty much it.

So, maybe the strategy is to try to fit in two bursts, while keeping your opponent to one?

For getting Memory Appeals, I've noticed that even though I get Perfect Communication all the time, there are times when I have to do 5 to level up, and there are times when I have to do 6 to level up (5th one gets me to an almost-complete heart).

When selecting a Fes, you can see in the description whether it says your opponent has a lot of memories or no memories, etc. Regardless, my strategy is still to use the same one I use for Auditions/Lives, pump all lessons into one stat, and just take my opponent down with sheer overwhelming scores, regardless of how many times they Burst. Although if there is a really difficult Fes I should really switch to Sugamo (but more likely I will just Omakase).
KIRBYSIM's channel for Idolmaster 2 videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/KIRBYSIM?feature=mhum
Please rate and "Like" the videos if you've enjoyed them. Thanks!

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2011, 02:07:11 am »
For getting Memory Appeals, I've noticed that even though I get Perfect Communication all the time, there are times when I have to do 5 to level up, and there are times when I have to do 6 to level up (5th one gets me to an almost-complete heart).

Ah, okay. Maybe I missed one, or maybe Secret Communications can give you more. Maybe unit mood can change this as well?

Next run will likely be the experiment run for me.

Not sure if everyone knows already...If you do a memory appeal, then press LB and do a memory with a different idol consecutively, you get a duo appeal. And if you switch your third idol and do a 3rd successive appeal, you will get a trio appeal.

Oh crap, yeah. Aforementioned 25% -> 65% Voltage for consecutive Memory Appeals is assuming you do this.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:27:18 am by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2011, 06:51:57 pm »
Only obstacles in the game I'm not confident about clearing are the special Fes. Which I usually skip by picking アイドルにお任せ and 全力で to clear. As long as my high score for a song is over 45,000, they'll automatically clear.

To add to this, with post-game accessories the image level only needs to be 8 for a guaranteed clear of the 歌姫・(ry Festival. I still have no idea how to actually beat them manually though.

By week 20 I had taken out my first special fes, and obtained image level 8. I'll probably never do another lesson this run.

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2011, 07:51:46 pm »
To add to this, with post-game accessories the image level only needs to be 8 for a guaranteed clear of the 歌姫・(ry Festival. I still have no idea how to actually beat them manually though.

By week 20 I had taken out my first special fes, and obtained image level 8. I'll probably never do another lesson this run.

Right. Do you remember which area's special fes was it that you cleared with image level 8? Was it the left-most or right-most area?

Cos even though it's the same 歌姫 Fes, each area has its own difficulty level. Left and right-most are difficulty level 7, followed by inner-left and inner-right which are 8, and then the center-most area is at level 9.
KIRBYSIM's channel for Idolmaster 2 videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/KIRBYSIM?feature=mhum

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2011, 08:24:57 pm »
Right. Do you remember which area's special fes was it that you cleared with image level 8? Was it the left-most or right-most area?

Cos even though it's the same 歌姫 Fes, each area has its own difficulty level. Left and right-most are difficulty level 7, followed by inner-left and inner-right which are 8, and then the center-most area is at level 9.

Left. I'll get the lesson reporter and level up for the others, I'm guessing I'll need level 14 or so for all of them?

RitsuFan

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2011, 09:27:03 pm »
Do you have cell phone bonus?

Cell phone bonus is bonus to gaining memory. watch, it will bubble when you get the "Perfect Communication" notice at end of communication.

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2011, 09:33:03 pm »
Oh... does cell phone bonus come only when you buy an idol's email address though?

Cos I didn't buy any.

kiryogi

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2011, 11:04:45 pm »
Oh... does cell phone bonus come only when you buy an idol's email address though?

Cos I didn't buy any.

Yeah, the benefits of having their emails besides the extra pictures and communication is the bonus boost to memories.

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2011, 11:31:56 pm »
OK, finally took out the special fes third from the left. I don't actually know how to  take these things without just leaving my idols to it, but it required level 14 (I tried prior image levels as well).

So yeah, since the bottom right fes is unnecessary, I guess this is the hardest one.

Edit: Well, I managed to get all 5 festivals, image level 16, and even took a picture of my results screen... and only half paying attention, accidentally made a new producer over my current save. I think I'm done with this game.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:43:49 am by Elixir »

Saturos

• Producer
  • Ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2011, 03:40:01 am »
OK, finally took out the special fes third from the left. I don't actually know how to  take these things without just leaving my idols to it, but it required level 14 (I tried prior image levels as well).

So yeah, since the bottom right fes is unnecessary, I guess this is the hardest one.

Edit: Well, I managed to get all 5 festivals, image level 16, and even took a picture of my results screen... and only half paying attention, accidentally made a new producer over my current save. I think I'm done with this game.

dude... that is outrageously lame.
MAKO MAKO RIIIIIIIIIN!!

hamuzou961

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2011, 04:05:45 am »

who was your team and what did you have equipped?

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2011, 10:28:53 am »
who was your team and what did you have equipped?

Uhh... Hibiki/Yukiho/Makoto. I had the expensive headset, 550k costume, the あわんこ amulet and.. some other stuff that I can't recall and can't find out any more.

If anyone has a game save they could lend me, I'd appreciate it. I really don't want to reclaim those 55 hours.

Shijou

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2011, 06:03:04 pm »
So I just got past the IA Nomination event thing, I have one song in the Top 2, and I'm at Image Level 12. I'm really confused about what I'm supposed to do to "win" the game. Are there specific events I'm supposed to pass?

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2011, 10:38:44 pm »
Does anyone have a list (or general idea, really) of all of the "rigged" Festivals in the game? Or is Vs. RK at Week 10 it?

Magenta Galaxy

• Apprentice
  • Protege of 961
    • View Profile
    • Aesir Subs
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2011, 10:50:25 pm »
Vs. Ryuugu Komachi (Week 10) - Forced Loss
Vs. Ryuugu Komachi (Week 21) - Must Win to Progress
Vs. Touma (Week ...34?) - Forced Draw
Vs. Jupiter (Week 54) - Must Win to Progress