Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread  (Read 154159 times)

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER 2 Gameplay Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2011, 01:53:27 pm »
I like to think that super lesson improves the mood of your unit better because you can have more attempts but that's a totally unconfirmed and unbased claim, still after a few lesson parts your idol will start talking and acting happy so meh.

Also, while it's true songs with faster beats give less points per appeal; if a song is faster it'll give less points "to balance it out".
NBGI messed up with this cause you can get more points by having a really long combo and the voltage gain for faster songs is just the same as slower songs per appeal, so you can sometimes squeeze out an extra burst.

Memory appeals aren't too interesting to use outside a FES imo, it's only worth it at the very start to raise interests when the combo meter is still at 0 and have a quick voltage gain, I don't think memory appeals are affected by combo bonusses so you'll be missing out several hundreds of points if you do one later on.
That or if you want to squeeze out one more burst at the very end but that's it for usefulness.

kiryogi

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2011, 02:17:37 pm »
Speaking of improving moods. How do you deal with the more irrates moods? Like where one member is unhappy? or they're quarreling. Is it thru communications or they'll eventually go away? It seems like right before the major crucial story moments, they end up acting up somehow...

Katsuyuki-P

• Ufufu...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2011, 03:03:56 pm »
Speaking of improving moods. How do you deal with the more irrates moods? Like where one member is unhappy? or they're quarreling. Is it thru communications or they'll eventually go away? It seems like right before the major crucial story moments, they end up acting up somehow...

It usually goes away after a while, but I do know that after being thoroughly wasted by RK during the Fes on Week 10 your unit's morale takes a nosedive for several weeks.
Days! Just a few days away!

Ufufufu...

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2011, 03:34:25 pm »
Just spent 550k buying that aloha costume, I feel like I've been robbed even though it's probably the best dance costume in the game.

Only obstacles in the game I'm not confident about clearing are the special Fes. Which I usually skip by picking アイドルにお任せ and 全力で to clear. As long as my high score for a song is over 45,000, they'll automatically clear.

I have actually been manually doing 歌姫 festivals and one thing I've noticed is that your opponent will almost always memory appeal constantly once you've hit a certain score. I can't even win with the Sugamo amulet.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 04:07:35 pm by Elixir »

hotsoup

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2011, 06:26:11 pm »

Picking the right choice during night time after viewing the charts  (which you can choose whether to talk to your idols or not) can greatly increase the chance to improve the idol(s)'s mood on the following day.

hotsoup

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2011, 06:37:24 pm »

Anyone found any good strategies for high score? My max so far on 3.5 playthroughs is about 55,000. You need 65,000 to have a chance at clearing VESPERIA with お任せ.

I managed to get a high score of 63k during my last playthrough.

Increasing the third stat (usually with the super amulets, we tend to focus on 2 stats only) can greatly improve the burst appeal scores in late game because by then, your idols' 団結力 would be very high and according to p26 of the manual, higher 団結力 means higher burst appeal scores. I find that in late game, burst appeal scores make up about 40% of my total score compared to only 10-20% at the start.

Other than that, you can snag 安宅 純 reporter before challenging for a high score.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2011, 09:20:46 pm »
Super Dance Lesson and Normal Dance Lesson gave me more or less the same rate of increase with Perfect+Bonus gauge, the reporter, AND the Dancing mood thing. So I'm not sure in your case if it's just the numbers lining up or what. Which week were the lessons done on?

My memory could be a bit fuzzy, but I know for a fact I skipped Lv. 4 entirely, and I'm almost positive I did it with a super lesson. I had the lesson reporter, and... two people humming, I think.

Thing is, I think... I've done the reporter/humming combo before on regular lessons, and not gone up a level immediately (can't remember). I may try today if I think it's worth it and if all those factors line up, but if you ever get three people humming/dancing/sparkling with a reporter, do a regular lesson, nail every norma without mistakes, and -don't- gain a level... then by definition, super lessons must give more.

This happened really early game, right after I released my first song (can't remember if it was the same week or if I hit another audition or something afterwards). I popped the reporter (on luck, totally didn't check) and immediately hit the lessons.

EDIT: Just did three people humming, reporter, Lv. 13. No miss clear, maxed + 2 norma. No level gain. Maybe earlier levels are easier to gain?

I have actually been manually doing 歌姫 festivals and one thing I've noticed is that your opponent will almost always memory appeal constantly once you've hit a certain score. I can't even win with the Sugamo amulet.

If that score is always the same, you think it's possible to creep up to that score towards the end of the Fest, then drop the bomb? And do they get more than three?

Also, if you go one-for-one on Memory Appeals, I think both sides still get net gain? Can the computer Memory Appeal faster than you (if you're aiming for Perfect Memory Appeals)?

For what it's worth, I think the one in the Southern area (Fukuoka/Kyuushuu)... happened around 13000 - 14000?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:40:12 am by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

kiryogi

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2011, 10:05:56 pm »
Picking the right choice during night time after viewing the charts  (which you can choose whether to talk to your idols or not) can greatly increase the chance to improve the idol(s)'s mood on the following day.

Speaking of that, what is the one game they're asking you to do when all 3 of them speak up? I know about janken and the whose voice guessing.

Picup

• Producer
    • View Profile
    • justice to believe - wordpress blog
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2011, 10:24:04 pm »
Speaking of that, what is the one game they're asking you to do when all 3 of them speak up? I know about janken and the whose voice guessing.

I'm not 100% sure, but is it the one where you're suppose to pick who didn't speak?  It might sound like all three, but one of them didn't.  Those were the only three games I came across...

KIRBYSIM

• 笑止!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2011, 10:33:45 pm »
I managed to get a high score of 63k during my last playthrough.

Increasing the third stat (usually with the super amulets, we tend to focus on 2 stats only) can greatly improve the burst appeal scores in late game because by then, your idols' 団結力 would be very high and according to p26 of the manual, higher 団結力 means higher burst appeal scores. I find that in late game, burst appeal scores make up about 40% of my total score compared to only 10-20% at the start.

Other than that, you can snag 安宅 純 reporter before challenging for a high score.

OMG thank you so much for this!!!

Tried your advice and I managed to jump from 56000 to 71064 just because of that one extra Burst Appeal spurt at the end.
KIRBYSIM's channel for Idolmaster 2 videos:http://www.youtube.com/user/KIRBYSIM?feature=mhum
Please rate and "Like" the videos if you've enjoyed them. Thanks!

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2011, 01:40:16 am »
I apologize if it seems like I'm concerning myself over little things, but...

... The overflow from a Perfect, a Normal, two actual Perfects, and a Secret Communication which was probably a Perfect (could've been a Good) got me one full heart. So, I'd say four Perfects will give you one heart, or very close. This means in eight or nine weeks, minimum, you can have three Appeals. You can wait for Secret Communications too, I've seen... four or so that give you heart (at week 51). Last one was at... around 45.

EDIT: Memory Appeals seem to give increasing meter if done in succession. The first gives you around 25%, the second will set you at around 65%. The third will give you the rest of the bar.

EDIT 2: Just something I'm thinking having done two Special Fests...

Against an opponent with more memories than you, if they're determined to memory bomb -> burst, I'm not sure if even Sugamo can stop them unless you happen to be sitting on a burst when they start (that way, you can fit in an extra voltage drop). And with Sugamo, if they burst once, that's pretty much it.

So, maybe the strategy is to try to fit in two bursts, while keeping your opponent to one?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 07:39:09 am by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Pizzaman

• Will sell pizza to Makoto.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2011, 07:57:33 am »
I'm pretty certain that in a high difficulty Fes, it's impossible to lock your opponent out of a Burst.
I think whatever the situation, they'll always manage to get one Burst in.
A professional amateur.

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2011, 10:24:48 am »
I'm pretty certain that in a high difficulty Fes, it's impossible to lock your opponent out of a Burst.
I think whatever the situation, they'll always manage to get one Burst in.

Yeah, it will just spam memories, and because you can't see your opponent's memories, they can do it as many times as they like.

Also pretty sure that the opponent bursting relates to either your own score, or is done at a set time.

Here's the costume that cost me 550k.

More pics and stuff here

hotsoup

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2011, 10:30:49 am »
Not sure if everyone knows already...If you do a memory appeal, then press LB and do a memory with a different idol consecutively, you get a duo appeal. And if you switch your third idol and do a 3rd successive appeal, you will get a trio appeal. Duo and Trio appeals provide large bonuses to the voltage meter and score. With the reporter and musha charm, you can max out the voltage meter instantly from zero with a duo appeal.

kiryogi

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2011, 12:18:11 pm »
:o Didn't know about that actually and was gonna post my frustration...

Can't seem to beat Jupiter @ Fireball Fes @ all!!! I can't even get off one burst appeal. They keep murdering my voltage, which in the end gives me a dramatically lower score. Currently @ level 3 memories and lv16 image. What am I doing wrong! Oh and not just that, it always seem that the day of something bad goes wrong with the team chemistry. Like one feels worthless, or they quarrel ~_~

edit: I DID IT! EAT IT JUPITER! After grinding to lv4 memories and toying with duo/trio appeals, I finally beat them. At first trio didn't work, next time I tried 2x duo to keep them at bay and it ended in a 35000 to 30000. Pretty close... That said, I think I'm definitely gonna get producer rank D haha.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:59:18 pm by kiryogi »