Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER TCG (Weiβ Schwarz)  (Read 72297 times)

Fuyuhotaru

• View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER TCG (Weiβ Schwarz)
« Reply #420 on: August 30, 2012, 11:20:19 am »
I remember when I bought a box of iDOLM@STER 1 packs. Cracked Haruka SR and Haruka RR (Aka the one on the ban list...). Still have them, nicely sleeved and kept in front of my computer. Fuyu is probably jealous of me.
I'd take a picture now, but I should get some sleep.
dayum
I sure am jelly

TheTanStar

• View Profile
    • Twitch.tv Livestream
« Reply #421 on: August 30, 2012, 06:35:38 pm »
Here's the picture. The Haruka sleeve is what the type of sleeve they're in (Don't want to take another picture for the reverse side). Quite fitting, if I do say so myself.

Byuusan

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 30, 2012, 08:55:43 pm »
that must be some good box, those 2 cards are the 2 most wanted cards for the series :)

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 30, 2012, 03:34:39 am »
Dunno if this is common knowledge or not, but apparently some Weib Schwarz decks have been released for the English market.  I saw decks for Madoka Magica and Fate/Zero at a local con.  We'll see if it catches on here or not.  Same dealer claimed they saw a preorder notice for Idolmaster anime, though I'm not yet convinced.

So, is the game balanced?  Which card game does it most closely resemble?  I may need to make a spot purchasing decision.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #424 on: September 30, 2012, 05:27:38 am »
Wait, there's an American dealer with them? I'm interested to know who.

Can't actually answer your question though, so I'll just say what stands out to me. Keep in mind, this really boils down to first impressions, I haven't really played it much.

Generally speaking, I find the game about as volatile as Marvel vs. Capcom or a game of Koi-Koi, mainly because of the ever-present chance of an attack's damage being nullified. It seems like everything else in the game feeds off this either directly, or indirectly. Without getting into much detail, I'll say that there's a huge luck factor involved, and because of this, the game gives you a lot of information (what you won't draw, what your opponent has in his deck but can't use until many turns out, both players' chances of damage cancel) and heaps of card draw in the hopes of bringing the luck factor back down and make it controllable at the same time. Luck manipulation is a part of the game, at high levels I imagine there's a lot of card counting going on as well.

If you make the right decisions, the numbers will like you, but in the end they're still numbers. Some people like the unpredictable nature of the game, others are turned off.

As far as if it's balanced... is any card game ever truly balanced?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:30:50 am by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #425 on: September 30, 2012, 05:43:14 am »

Hammer Girl Anime

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 30, 2012, 06:18:31 am »

Can't actually answer your question though, so I'll just say what stands out to me. Keep in mind, this really boils down to first impressions, I haven't really played it much.

Generally speaking, I find the game about as volatile as Marvel vs. Capcom or a game of Koi-Koi, mainly because of the ever-present chance of an attack's damage being nullified. It seems like everything else in the game feeds off this either directly, or indirectly. Without getting into much detail, I'll say that there's a huge luck factor involved, and because of this, the game gives you a lot of information (what you won't draw, what your opponent has in his deck but can't use until many turns out, both players' chances of damage cancel) and heaps of card draw in the hopes of bringing the luck factor back down and make it controllable at the same time. Luck manipulation is a part of the game, at high levels I imagine there's a lot of card counting going on as well.

If you make the right decisions, the numbers will like you, but in the end they're still numbers. Some people like the unpredictable nature of the game, others are turned off.

As far as if it's balanced... is any card game ever truly balanced?

It's a small local dealer, so I imagine a lot of other shops have access to the decks.

No, no card game is ever balanced, but some put more effort into balancing than others.  Magic is still alive through judicious use of pruning, right?

I suppose I should be more specific about what I don't like, based on experience.
1) Being able to speed through your entire deck without consequences, thus building up an enormous card advantage.
2) Easy win mechanics that run counter to the game's core concepts, like how those old Pokemon haymaker decks made evolution look bad by comparison.

I suppose I might as well bite the bullet and buy a deck.  I guess I'll go with Fate/Zero.  I hate how both properties have been touched by Gen Urobuchi though.