Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Other iM@S games / Re: THE iDOLM@STER SideM: LIVE ON ST@GE!
« Last post by Clear Blue on June 18, 2017, 07:48:39 PM »
I mean, what would be the point of the game then? Watching the 3D MVs?
Tell that to Idolm@ster SP and iM@S 2, buddy. They aren't rhythm games but they have what Idolm@ster does best. Idol producing and LOTS of idol interaction.

SideM (card game) doesn't have much of that and I do hope Live On St@ge will give us something similar to that.
Characters / Re: Hibiki Ganaha - Nankurunaisa!
« Last post by Lucky Joestar on June 18, 2017, 02:35:09 PM »
Happy birthday, Hibiki! XD
(I'm thinking I should start celebrating the birthdays using Japan's timezone lol, so I'm not always so late all the time.  ::))

Here's some Okinawan theme food I made, goya champuru!

That looks like something I might’ve had as part of the lunches at the public schools I work at.
Characters / Re: The Idols' Ages??
« Last post by Lucky Joestar on June 18, 2017, 02:32:42 PM »
I for one would like to see age progression run its course, pegging Azusa’s birth year at 1990.
Characters / Re: List of birthday dates
« Last post by Lucky Joestar on June 18, 2017, 02:07:53 PM »
If the characters were to have a birth year, it'd be pushed back and change every year.

Going on the 2011 calendar on the wall in the first anime episode and Miki stating that she was in ninth grade at the time, I very much assume the following birth years for the characters:

Azusa — Thursday, 19 July 1990
Ritsuko — Tuesday, 23 June 1992
Takane — Friday, 21 January 1994
Haruka — Sunday, 3 April 1994
Makoto — Monday, 29 August 1994
Yukiho — Saturday, 24 December 1994
Hibiki — Tuesday, 10 October 1995
Chihaya — Sunday, 25 February 1996
Iori — Sunday, 5 May 1996
Miki — Saturday, 23 November 1996
Yayoi — Wednesday, 25 March 1998
Mami & Ami — Friday, 22 May 1998

I guess that makes them all millennials.

Anyhow, I share a birthday with Ikebukuro Akiha, my own birthday being 10 June.
Welcome Center / Re: 関西からはいさい!
« Last post by Teddie on June 18, 2017, 01:46:03 PM »
Welcome to the forums! It's nice to see another HibikiP~
Welcome Center / Re: Where are you from ?
« Last post by Lucky Joestar on June 18, 2017, 01:42:51 PM »
Born in: Long Beach, California

Grew up in: Manville, Rhode Island

Attended university in: Pomona, California

Currently living in: 和歌山県橋本市
Welcome Center / 関西からはいさい!
« Last post by Lucky Joestar on June 18, 2017, 01:39:07 PM »
I’ve been a fan of Idolmaster for quite a while. I’m a damn yankee living in the 関西 region of Japan. As you can tell, Ganaha Hibiki is my favorite idol.
Other iM@S discussion / Re: Unpopular opinion
« Last post by NubilaWind on June 17, 2017, 09:27:15 PM »
I really hate Haruka. She's just annoying to me. Too much optimism is irritating! >.>

Second unpopular opinion, despite me being introduced Im@s via cute songs on YouTube, the anime could've fleshed out more time on the other idols. It might as well have been called "Haruka-Miki-Chihaya" M@ster.

Third unpopular opinion, I don't get the point of Xenoglossia. :-/

« Last post by Chihayaa on June 17, 2017, 06:43:36 PM »
Yeah for me personally I think it's gonna be a rhythm game. I think rhythm games are the best way to advertise their music. Have either ML! or SideM earned a Gold certification for any of their CDs? I know CG has a few times but I've never heard of a SideM single getting Gold.

I definitely think SideM has the ability to stand up on top. IMHO no other male idol franchise will top SideM's songs (in fact a lot of idol franchises under the Lantis label have good music) and character designs and it's one of the only couple of male idol games out there that doesn't rely on the whole high school, otome, romance, or all of the above trope. I think the premise of SideM alone (men quitting their jobs to become idols)  really helps it stand out. Not sure what it is with male idol series taking place in high school and 90% there's a female student producing them, haha. THOSE are what I'd consider money grabbing tbh.
« Last post by Nagi on June 17, 2017, 10:35:29 AM »
It is obviously going to be a rhythm game. I mean, what would be the point of the game then? Watching the 3D MVs? And why would Scamco make a rhythm game for CG and ML! but not SideM? Besides, the screenshots of the main menu gives enough clues that this will be a rhythm game.

Also, we all know the game will be a cash grab. Every iM@S game is a money printer for Scamco tbh, but at least in rhythm games you aren't forced to pay, unlike in the mobages where ppl who pays have more privileges and its easy for them to get the event cards. In rhythm games there's still the gacha, but you can get the event cards easily by just grinding some points every day.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10