puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Characters / Re: Favorite Idols
« Last post by Kimiko on June 03, 2017, 09:44:20 PM »
Sorry for steering off the beaten path, but I'd like to ask the female members who claimed to love female idols within this thread;
Do you love them in the yuri-kind of way? Or is it just sisterly kind of love?

I'm asking this out of culture shock; female anime fans around me loathe idols in general, especially idolmaster, so it would be interesting to discover polar-opposite opinions.

I don<'t like them in a yuri way I just love their charakters, backstories and voices. I think femalse can Like female characters/idols without romantic feelings involved.
Characters / Re: Favorite Idols
« Last post by Verita V. on June 03, 2017, 08:02:30 PM »
Sorry for steering off the beaten path, but I'd like to ask the female members who claimed to love female idols within this thread;
Do you love them in the yuri-kind of way? Or is it just sisterly kind of love?

I'm asking this out of culture shock; female anime fans around me loathe idols in general, especially idolmaster, so it would be interesting to discover polar-opposite opinions.
General chatter / Re: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)
« Last post by Verita V. on June 03, 2017, 07:13:29 PM »
Finished a route in Kimikiss.

The protagonist was...overwhelmingly beta. He came up to a girl of his own class and literally asked 'Can I be your friend?'
I felt like losing a bit of my pride after putting myself into his shoes.

At the very least, the heroines were highly likable.

By the way, I want to get into Persona series, would anyone give recommendation on where I should start?
Community works / Re: OC Bios
« Last post by Verita V. on June 03, 2017, 06:59:43 PM »
No, it is deliberate. It's Takane just being Takane.
I have a head canon that while Takane acts dignified and polite most of the time; while she's around her sister she acts more outright childish.

Personally I found that sounds more like something Puchimas Takane would do.

That got me thinking; imagine the sisters doing some comical skits amidst the dramatic turn of events. How's that for a fanfic inspiration?
Other iM@S discussion / Re: Unpopular opinion
« Last post by Verita V. on June 03, 2017, 06:52:03 PM »
I believe that the imas fandom can do without the 2011 anime.
To this day I still hate how that anime pigeonholed every idols' personalities and only put 3 of them onto spotlight.
I would've preferred the anime if they made it in Omnibus style like Amagami; 4 episodes centered on each heroine, that which I call fairness.
They give very vague and half the time incorrect summaries for series
I found it funny one time they were showcasing a series but never once mentioned that it was a full-blown yuri. They just played it up that the two protagonists were simply very close friends.

Heh. Shouldn't have expected anything else from a state-run channel, fake news and all that. It's simultaneously understandable yet funny seeing how they're trying to uphold their position as moral guardians while promoting indecent material (At least by East Asian standards, that is.), considering their background.
Tonari no Totoro didn't even make it into top 100.
Love Live made it into top 10 while Clannad didn't.
Gundam Seed actually made it into top 50.

Guess we're into something weird. Maybe they were judging the shows based on how popular they were, not because of quality.

That's spot-on how NHK does ranking. They go by popularity (including game series if applicable for a anime/manga series). That's why iDOLM@STER most likely made it. I don't use NHK at all for anime/manga rankings. I find their program "imagine-nation" horrible. They give very vague and half the time incorrect summaries for series (normally only mainstream stuff you'll eventually see dubbed in other countries outside Japan).

I found it funny one time they were showcasing a series but never once mentioned that it was a full-blown yuri. They just played it up that the two protagonists were simply very close friends.
« Last post by Hime Idol on June 03, 2017, 04:21:42 PM »
Minami is younger than Takane, right? I can understand if this was the latter's deliberate mistake though.

No, it is deliberate. It's Takane just being Takane.

I have a head canon that while Takane acts dignified and polite most of the time; while she's around her sister she acts more outright childish. Despite being the oldest she refers to her sister as "Mina-nee" or "Mina-neechan" instead of "imouto" or just plain "Minami/Minami-chan". The only time she 'correctly' refers to her is when she calls her either by the less frequent nicknames "Mina-chan" or "Mimi-chan" and doesn't use the "-neechan" honorific at all.

It's more a play on the fact that Minami acts like the big sister and is the most mature out of the two of them.

The same is with Sakura when she refers to Ichiko as "Iko-neechan" and Chinatsu as "Chitsu-neechan". Sakura has a lot of her mother's speaking quirks and doesn't see a problem with referring to younger people as "-neechan".

Atsuko refers to her sister, Ichiko, as "Puchi-nee" simply because she thinks it sounds adorable otherwise she just calls her Ichiko-chan or just plain Ichiko.
Tonari no Totoro didn't even make it into top 100.
Love Live made it into top 10 while Clannad didn't.
Gundam Seed actually made it into top 50.

Guess we're into something weird. Maybe they were judging the shows based on how popular they were, not because of quality.
« Last post by Verita V. on June 03, 2017, 08:05:31 AM »
Name: Shijou Minami (四条南実)
Birthdate: July 23
Nicknames: Mina-nee (Takane’s childhood nickname for her)

Minami is younger than Takane, right? I can understand if this was the latter's deliberate mistake though.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]