Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Other iM@S discussion / Re: Unpopular opinion
« Last post by Naryoril on June 22, 2017, 03:22:22 PM »
Second unpopular opinion, despite me being introduced Im@s via cute songs on YouTube, the anime could've fleshed out more time on the other idols. It might as well have been called "Haruka-Miki-Chihaya" M@ster.

Third unpopular opinion, I don't get the point of Xenoglossia. :-/

I wouldn't call these "unpopular opinions", afaik that's what the majority of people think.
« Last post by Sylphony on June 22, 2017, 02:13:07 AM »
I haven't, but I most likely will when I get the chance to.

Thanks for the link.
Platinum Stars video requests / Re: Platinum Stars Request Thread
« Last post by NubilaWind on June 20, 2017, 02:18:25 AM »
@Hime Idol

Thank you for the clarification.  :)
« Last post by NubilaWind on June 20, 2017, 02:14:34 AM »
@Sylphony

You bring up a very good point here.
But have you seen the manga adaption of IdolM@ster? It expands the characters' beautifully. (in my opinion it does) If they had of incorporated the manga chapters into the anime, it would've tied up many loose ends and linked stories together so well!

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/the_idolm_ster_mana/c001/
« Last post by Hime Idol on June 20, 2017, 02:06:30 AM »
@Hime Idol

:D Thank you so much for the videos! They're amazing! <3

Also, I'm sorry to hear that a bunch of ungrateful brats/trolls attacked you regarding these requests. :-( It's such a shame! You don't deserve it at all.

In any case, you can clear the MEGA files for more space.

By the way, I do have a question, would making a request on 7/5/17 fall within the timeframe?

Thankies!

Yes since technically your next request date would be 6/27 (server time).
« Last post by NubilaWind on June 20, 2017, 02:01:53 AM »
 @Hime Idol

:D Thank you so much for the videos! They're amazing! <3

Also, I'm sorry to hear that a bunch of ungrateful brats/trolls attacked you regarding these requests. :-( It's such a shame! You don't deserve it at all.

In any case, you can clear the MEGA files for more space.

By the way, I do have a question, would making a request on 7/5/17 fall within the timeframe?

Thankies!
Other iM@S games / Re: THE iDOLM@STER SideM: LIVE ON ST@GE!
« Last post by Nagi on June 19, 2017, 11:03:11 AM »
Tell that to Idolm@ster SP and iM@S 2, buddy. They aren't rhythm games but they have what Idolm@ster does best. Idol producing and LOTS of idol interaction.

SideM (card game) doesn't have much of that and I do hope Live On St@ge will give us something similar to that.
Expecting a Produce game similar to the main series is having so much hope, and even if that was the case the main gameplay would still be rhythm. They followed that path for both Deresute and Millitheater, and there isn't really any other gameplay for idol games on phones other than the tapping ones. I do hope we can get something similar to Millitheater tho, as it seems it will be the closest it can be to a main game but for phones.
« Last post by Sylphony on June 19, 2017, 03:19:44 AM »
I didn't mean to drive potential fans out, by the way, but it sort of disappointing to find out that many fans' understanding of the idols do not go beyond the anime. As that is the case then the anime should've been a verbatim adaptation of the games.

I agree with the disappointment but I wouldn't want the original anime to be a "verbatim adaption" of the game.  If I wanted that, I'd just play the game in the first place.  I think the anime, while it could have focused more on the other characters, stands out as good as it is because it doesn't try to follow the game to the exact detail but still ensures the characters' identities are incorporated.
Characters / Re: The Idols' Ages??
« Last post by Producerchan on June 18, 2017, 09:50:19 PM »
I get annoyed reading the idol's ages/measurements for sure. A lot of them are contradictory (Miki being lighter than Haruka despite being both taller and curvier), unfair (so you're telling me Kanako Mimura's 25.5 inch waist makes her self conscious and "trying to lose weight"? Do me a favor and google "25 inch waist" right now; I assure you, in real life, that is not "fat". And the fact that they give her enormous tits as "compensation" adds insult to injury. Gross.), and, at times, kind of random.

I don't even pay attention to their ages. There's no way, in Japan's competitive job market, that Ritsuko became a producer at 18-19, tbqh.

My headcanons for the cast's ages are as follows. Most of them are about the same
Ritsuko: 25
Azusa: 24
Takane: 20
Haruka: 16
Miki: 17
Chihaya: 18
Makoto: 19
Twins: 15
Yayoi: 15
Iori: 15
Yukiho: 18
Hibiki: 19

I mean, I understand the fantasy about wanting all these girls to be "in their prime". But most thirteen year olds don't look as lean and Ami or Mami, and high school, for most people, is a really embarrassing point in their lives.
I think the games could have been really interesting if they explored how the main cast's career progressed and how their lives are as veteran idols. But we keep getting rewound, game after game, to their "beginnings". I want to see Haruka learn that life as a celebrity is not always so black-and-white. Maybe Chihaya has to struggle between choosing creativity and what will appeal to the masses. I'd love to see an adult Mami or Ami, too, tbh.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10