puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: I am completely new to playing this game, help?  (Read 6114 times)

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
Re: I am completely new to playing this game, help?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 12:45:23 PM »
you're allowed to have different region psn accounts on a ps3 as long as they're on separate accounts, right? (I hope this makes sense)
That is correct, also DLC and downloadable games will work on any account on the same machine as long as the DLC region and the region of your game matches;
For example you can use an EU PS3 with an EU PSN account, your game's region is JP and you downloaded stuff from the JP PSN and the DLC will be available as long as there's an user account on the machine that's allowed to run said DLC.
Also, because there's only the need of having an account that's allowed to run DLC, people tend to misuse the 'use your DLC on 5 machines' thing by sharing stuff with others but that's another story.

Maiku_Ando

• "Ando P"
    • View Profile
    • Maiku Ando's Anime
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 04:57:31 PM »
Yes x3

Awesome thanks.
Shame the UMD is needed, I quite liked using it on a memory stick :/ and the TL was helpful. Although maybe just having the umd in the drive and running the iso would work, will have to try that out at some point.
In Loving Memory of Yukiho Waifu 2005-2010
Idolm@ster, Live for You, SP ~ Wandering Star, 2 (Xbox and PS3).
Idolm@ster 2 Videos

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2010, 08:27:17 PM »
Although maybe just having the umd in the drive and running the iso would work, will have to try that out at some point.
It doesn't work like that.
Because iso's are basically emulated by the CFW, the PSP won't even bother looking at the UMD.

Maiku_Ando

• "Ando P"
    • View Profile
    • Maiku Ando's Anime
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 02:14:37 AM »
I tried my Wandering Star UMD but its refusing to play.
I have the ISO mode set to normal, and tried version.txt set to 5.50. I even tried different combinations of the iso driver mode.

Game starts, goes to main menu and when I try to do anything it loads for a bit, then just drops me back to the main menu again :(

Slightly off topic, but I also got the UK release of Valkeria Chronicles II today, it comes with a requirement for version 6.20 OFW. Which is total rubbish because i have the Japanese iso running on my gen 5.50 fine. Version.txt gets past the check, it tries to load but then drops out with an error number. :(
Idolm@ster 2 Videos

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 10:59:33 AM »
Perhaps I should've mentioned this earlier but iM@S SP has a couple of security checks CFW makers never bothered disabling.
The regular version of the games run just fine if you rip the UMD to an ISO and modify two certain files.

With Download+ NBGI forced you to use an UMD but because you can't just simply run the modified files from your memorystick and the UMD at the same time some Japanese anons hacked a CWCheat code that lets you bypass said check and lets you boot the game correctly.
Because there're two different versions of Download+, one with a certain feature that lets you play around with the iM@S models and one with that feature removed, and because I don't know if you have the JP or Asian version of D+, I'd recommend you get said cheat plug-in, start the thing in-game and look for the Download+ game ID at the top or simply copy the ID from your game folder and look for said ID in google.

As for the Valkyria thing, current CFW's can't run newer UMD's because the PSP doesn't really understand the UMD due to its out-dated PRX'es.
Some chinese hackers made a certain thing that allows you to play newer games, but involves messing around with ISO's.

Maiku_Ando

• "Ando P"
    • View Profile
    • Maiku Ando's Anime
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2010, 05:09:35 AM »
Well after some long thinking, I decided to put OFW back on it, so its now got 6.30 on it. Im@s plays great, with download+ and the (free) DLC, and also Valkeria 2 works fine as well. I was getting quite irritated with having to add in hack after hack to make stuff sort of work, not having remote joy is a bit of a shame but the graphics quality isn't great on SP anyway.

I do still have the upcoming issue of switching PSN accounts, however I may try using 2 memory cards, 1 for each region. Play imas on asia region. remove mem card. remove psn account, add in other psn account. add in second mem card. My theory being if the dlc is not in there when the account is switched it wont know/loose a switch out of the 5. If that fails then one of the games will simply not get any DLC buys.
Idolm@ster 2 Videos