Username: Password:

Author Topic: I am completely new to playing this game, help?  (Read 6550 times)

digi162

• View Profile
Re: I am completely new to playing this game, help?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 05:17:40 AM »
ROFL me and my shitty joke there xD

Yeah that's the best part of Office Mode.  I've spent more time there then the actual game sadly haha.  But yes, any song DLC you purchase for an idol will work in that mode.  That reminds me of the complaint with purchasing songs for Takane, etc.  You could only use them in Office Mode because you can't produce them, so it feels like a waste to buy a song for the idol when you can only use it in that mode.  DLC works like the savefile for the game- it's used amongst all 3 versions of the game, so it doesn't matter which game you're using.
MCDONALDS x YAYOI FANFIC PLZ

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 04:57:12 PM »
Alright, I have a Japanese playstation store account now.

I just have a question.

Where do I get points cards, and how do I redeem them?

Kyo

• Perverted Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 05:08:39 PM »
Buy them, of course. You can look for JP PSN cards on places like Play-Asia, and to redeem them you just enter the code in the Redeem Codes option of the PSN main screen.

This line in my signature will be removed when Idolmaster Xenoglossia is included in Super Robot Wars

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 05:10:32 PM »
I'd recommend getting cards off of ebay or so, because the seller will email you the code on the card, and you can get your DLC faster (I'm not sure if Play-Asia mails the physical card, or if they send the code as well).

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 05:16:53 PM »
I think Play-Asia e-mails the code as well.  I've never bought a card from them because they're really expensive.  When I bought all mine, I kept getting them from the same source and he'd send me a code via e-mail in less than 24 hours.  Was nice 8D

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 05:45:14 PM »
I figured it out myself and I got one from Play-asia.

They didn't send me a code, but I was told from a guide that you can email them for the code. I emailed them for the code, hopefully that guide was right and I get it...

Maybe I should have done ebay instead...

Either way, I can't wait.

How much does the average song cost? I got a 30,000 yen card, I believe (I forgot), so how much would I generally be able to get?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 05:52:48 PM by ninjamitsuki »

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2010, 07:18:42 PM »
Uhhhh I think you mean 3000 yen, unless they sell them that high which I would be impressed xD

Songs cost 150 yen per character.  Remixes are 30 yen per character.
Outfits are generally 1000 yen, but there are a handful of 300 yen ones.

I'd recommend not getting any of the 500 yen dresses as they're just color swaps of existing dresses in the game.  Also don't spend 300 on the swimsuit, I think it's a better idea to get the free swimsuit and spend the saved 300 on two more songs instead.

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 05:59:15 PM »
Yeah, I meant 3000 xD.

Umm, how exactly do I buy them? I accessed the store through the game, but only a few DLC are appearing, and if I try and buy one, I get "Playstation network *moon runes*". DO I have to "log in"? How do I "log in"?

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 06:10:32 PM »
I never access the store through the game, I just buy it directly off the PSN network (unless it's not showing up there and I RLY want it).  You can do it both ways, but I've always found it easier to use the PSN one.

Do you have Download Plus installed?  I think you need it to display/download from all the catalogs, been ages since I installed that so I don't remember how.  I think it's for download on the PSN network.  You need to make a JPN PSN account and sign in using that.  If you have your code, you can plug it in by selecting the 12 icon and type in the numbers to redeem the code.  Your account will be credited and you can go buying stuff (saying all this assuming that's why you mean it says log on).

ninjamitsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 06:40:05 PM »
Yup, I just need to download from the playstation store and not through the game...

Got it!

I already bought Meisou Mind for most of the idols!

Too bad for one 3,000 yen card is only enough to buy three songs for all idols and maybe an accessory... I ended up buying two 3,000 yen cards, so maybe I'll only end up buying Meisou Mind, Cosmos, Kosmos, and Mega Au Toki, plus a few outfits and accessories.

Wish there was a "buy for all idols" option for songs, maybe at a bit of a cheaper price than if you were to buy them all individually, like how subscriptions for things work. xD

Edit: Wait a minute... I'm able to download through the Playstation Store, but the content is out of date.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 06:52:42 PM by ninjamitsuki »

Maiku_Ando

• "Ando P"
    • View Profile
    • Maiku Ando's Anime
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 07:48:59 PM »
Let me emphasize the fact that you can only have one account on a psp. If you continually switch between your NA and JP accounts, you'll break the licenses of all your content after 5 or so switches. So if you're planning on getting anything from the NA or JP store, stick with that.

Ok this kinda stopped me in my tracks... lol

So then I need to use a JP account to get that download plus thing... I have a real Asia PSN on my PS3 (i assume I can use the same PSN) - and a real Asia credit card, so I'm thinking using the Asia store is best for me, since no need to buy points and cards etc.

The other problem is I want to buy Valkeria Chronicles 2 - the pre-order comes with a DLC code for an extra mission, the game will be the UK version, so I assume it needs UK DLC (previous version of the game did) So do I need to switch to the UK store for that. That means I'm going to wear out most of my PSN switches in like a week...

Oh and its running CFW, so I'll prob have to switch to OFW to get on the PSN then back to CFW....
Maybe i should just buy a new PSP 3000 for PSN use.... or maybe just do none of the above and get an Xbox-J and use that, as SP dosnt do multiple idols :(
In Loving Memory of Yukiho Waifu 2005-2010
Idolm@ster, Live for You, SP ~ Wandering Star, 2 (Xbox and PS3).
Idolm@ster 2 Videos

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 08:01:40 PM »
There're a couple of different plug-ins that'll allow one to access the PSN on a CFW PSP, I heard some good things about something called PSNLover, not that it'd be too hard to get PSP content if you have a PS3..

Also, it's easy enough to switch PSN accounts on a CFW, you could use a program for it, PSN License Manager, or backup some file that's in your flash1 or 2, don't have my PSP with me so I can't be more specific on the filename or location.

Still, you won't be able to use DLC if you only have the files, but not the right to acces said file; you could download Valkyria 2 DLC, backup the registry file thing and delete the original, go to a JP PSN account and download iM@S stuff or so but then you won't be able to acces Valkyria DLC unless you switch back to your UK account.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:07:17 PM by BT2 »

Maiku_Ando

• "Ando P"
    • View Profile
    • Maiku Ando's Anime
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 03:58:27 AM »
There're a couple of different plug-ins that'll allow one to access the PSN on a CFW PSP, I heard some good things about something called PSNLover, not that it'd be too hard to get PSP content if you have a PS3..

Also, it's easy enough to switch PSN accounts on a CFW, you could use a program for it, PSN License Manager, or backup some file that's in your flash1 or 2, don't have my PSP with me so I can't be more specific on the filename or location.

Still, you won't be able to use DLC if you only have the files, but not the right to acces said file; you could download Valkyria 2 DLC, backup the registry file thing and delete the original, go to a JP PSN account and download iM@S stuff or so but then you won't be able to acces Valkyria DLC unless you switch back to your UK account.

Thanks for that, I didn't realise PSNlover allowed store access and downloads, that's pretty awesome, after playing around with it and some really bad instructions, I got it working with my Asia PSN account and got most of the free stuff - including the download plus app, and the swimsuit lol. Only problem is the DLC wont show up in the game which is odd, am using the iso from the TL project, am wondering if maybe it needs the UMD :/ I sooo wanted see Yukiho in that ickle swimsuit lol.

I'm gonna try the License Manager too, that sounds like a good idea. With that I wonder if I can keep my Valkeria DLC working? And just switch licenses when i want to play it?

Btw what do you mean about using the PS3? Can I use that to download PSP content and copy it over somehow? I've only had the PSP about a month and never tried using it with a PS3.
In Loving Memory of Yukiho Waifu 2005-2010
Idolm@ster, Live for You, SP ~ Wandering Star, 2 (Xbox and PS3).
Idolm@ster 2 Videos

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 05:25:52 PM »
if maybe it needs the UMD :/

And just switch licenses when i want to play it?

Can I use that to download PSP content and copy it over somehow?

Yes x3

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 04:22:16 AM »
Wait, on the same note,

you're allowed to have different region psn accounts on a ps3 as long as they're on separate accounts, right? (I hope this makes sense)

Because I have an asian account on mine and my brother has the american account on his.