Username: Password:

Author Topic: Idolmaster western release! What you can do right now:  (Read 12798 times)

Crisu

• Filled with danketsu
    • View Profile
    • ISML
Re: Idolmaster western release! What you can do right now:
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2011, 01:48:15 PM »
"Mr. President" perhaps?
くっー

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2011, 03:52:27 PM »
We Cheer came first, and by all accounts, the gameplay was better in We Cheer.  The style/soundtrack... not so much.

Few good ones though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVHCnea2KiU
Ah, sorry. Did no research before writing that post. I discovered the Japanese one first orz

Though, actually, We Cheer -does- look kind of fun.

(though I admit some of these are clever, like Chloe and Zoe)

Henry, Thomas, Shane, Mr. Blackthorne. And, Geeveegee. This cracked me up so much.

If it does get released here, I think they would go the subs-only route (a lot of anime I find are doing that nowadays -- less budget for voice actors?).

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2011, 05:37:40 PM »
lolololol.
That is just too hilarious...me and my brother were talking about how awful (and yet...somewhat hilarious) an adaptation would be.
I think I'm going to start telling everyone I'm a huge fan of Hannah! XD

Yes one of my favorite series's adaptation is purely subs and not dubs! The translation is pretty good too!

Actually, (on topic) I was thinking if some of the dramatic life stuff was taken out, Dearly Stars would prove a great adaptation since you play as the idols themselves, right?
They would also have to change Ryo to a girl (See trope: She's a man in Japan) But I think it would work out lovely!

PluggedBus

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »
Wow, that actually looks difficult at first glance.

I like how the USA Princess on Ice cover is not only Westernized but also very politically correct.

At this point, the anime is more likely to get brought to the West?  I think some anime that have been licensed are released with subs only, no dubs.  Bigger series like CLANNAD got an English dub, so who knows.  The trend lately, luckily, is that they keep everyone's names.  If this were ten years ago, everyone would be getting horrible new first names like so:

If the anime gets decent sales, maybe just maybe the game could edge out some sort of limited release?  </wishful-thinking>

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a dub that uses those names. It could be like some of those old DVD releases that use the English names in the dub and the Japanese names in the sub.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:26:27 PM by PluggedBus »

kaeru-P

• Apprentice
  • No need to grow those chihaya, Small bre-*SMACK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2012, 07:11:20 PM »
Wow, that actually looks difficult at first glance.

I like how the USA Princess on Ice cover is not only Westernized but also very politically correct.

At this point, the anime is more likely to get brought to the West?  I think some anime that have been licensed are released with subs only, no dubs.  Bigger series like CLANNAD got an English dub, so who knows.  The trend lately, luckily, is that they keep everyone's names.  If this were ten years ago, everyone would be getting horrible new first names like so:

If the anime gets decent sales, maybe just maybe the game could edge out some sort of limited release?  </wishful-thinking>

Mother of God....

This
is
Pure
GENIUS

I Literally couldn't stop laughing my ass of for the last few minutes xDDDDDDDD You sir

Im just wondering WAS THIS INTENTIONAL  ;D ;D ;D
http://sadpanda.us/images/822300-C33OCAB.jpg
Oh for the sake of Lolz This image is so Full of win I cannot even imagine to begin where to start xD

First of all Hanna Ftw xD *montana* *gets shot* and xD Poor Makoto, SAM xD  ;D ;D ;D Ellen Robin and Mandy ROFLING, Mr. Manager..... I NEED AIR PEOPLE AIIIRRRR, Geeveegee *laughing like a retarded seal clapping his hands on and about*

and Miki-Miki ftw, Its without a doubt Miki and I share similar names, My first name is Mihkael, Nicknames variate to Kael, Mickey, Miki, Mik-Mik (lacks the I's  ;)) and for a fact her english name is Mickey kinda makes me proud of my name and even in her japanese name we Still share similar names!!  :P  8) 8)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:13:20 PM by kaeru-P »

redhairedking

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2012, 05:40:34 AM »
Ah, sorry. Did no research before writing that post. I discovered the Japanese one first orz

Though, actually, We Cheer -does- look kind of fun.

Henry, Thomas, Shane, Mr. Blackthorne. And, Geeveegee. This cracked me up so much.

If it does get released here, I think they would go the subs-only route (a lot of anime I find are doing that nowadays -- less budget for voice actors?).
I'm late to the party, but that image is fabulous