Username: Password:

Author Topic: One year ago today.  (Read 2667 times)

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
One year ago today.
« on: February 18, 2010, 10:18:20 PM »
THE iDOLM@STER SP series came out one year ago today. It was the introduction of one of the best things to come to the iM@S franchise.

No, not portability. 961 Pro. With just one song, they destroyed the many 765 Pro created. None of that cutesy lighthearted crap. Overmaster was one of the best things to ever grace your ears, and if you disagree, you're lying. It's that good.

To celebrate this one year anniversary, you should all pledge your allegiance to 961 Pro. If you find that much too difficult to do, then go ahead and stick with your poor run down 765 Pro, if you can even call it pro at all. Alternatively, you could also show your appreciation towards 961 in any way, shape, or form.

That glorious banner up there will stay there for a week to remind you which production company is superior. This is fact, it was featured on CNN.

It's 961 week.

Cien Laguoire

Re: One year ago today.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 10:31:55 PM »
And with that not so subtle "stroke my ego" speech, let's celebrate the one year anniversary of the most accessible Idolmaster game. I'm certain that those that have played an Im@s have played this game first, though if you played the 360 Im@s games, you must be very wealthy, or if you played the DS game first, you did it wrong. ;)

So congrats on the 1 year anniversary of Im@s SP, with it's accessibility, portability, two great new characters, and one not so great CEO. ;D

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 10:33:33 PM »
Why not just pledge allegiance to iM@S XD I love 961 Pro and all, though I can't ditch 765 entirely. :D

Happy Anniversary, iM@S SP and 961 Pro. Thank you for being region free. XD

Not that I know the coding ability to do this, but wouldn't it be neat if instead of the general white & blue theme of the site, it was replaced with gold & black to match the banner? The yellow banner looks a bit out of place. XD

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 10:45:54 PM »
Sadly it couldn't be done. ;____;

blake307

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 11:24:47 PM »
Yes! This is the one year anniversary when two of 961's great songs Kiss and Overmaster came out, the anniversary of when im@s SP came out and the anniversary of Takane, the amazing silver queen's first appearance. XD

I really like the banner by the way. It fits perfectly for this one year anniversary.  ;)

Haldo

• ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 11:29:23 PM »
Happy aniversary, SP series and 961pro! And happy aniversary to Hibiki's first apperance! :D
Yattaaaa! The forum is back!!!

Benpc91

• View Profile
    • IMMWS
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 11:45:20 PM »
Happy birthday 961 Pro.

The iDOLM@STER MAD World Service
The Gentlemen's Guide to THE iDOLM@STER

digi162

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 12:57:26 AM »
Man I just want to congrats SP for making my im@s dream come true.  If this hadn't of come out for PSP I still would have had this game up on my list of things to play at some point.

Also cien is right, if you've only played DS version or started there, you're doing it wrong.
MCDONALDS x YAYOI FANFIC PLZ

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 04:08:03 AM »
Thank you 961Pro for giving us (765Pro and the rest of iM@S) Miki, Takane and Hibiki.

At least for today let's all ignore the fact that you firing those three at the end of the games because of Kuroi's 'policy' may be the biggest mistake you made, and just have fun. XD

@Cien: Probably true. 360 is considered to be closest to canon, and the DS is a spin-off title, so yeah.

Cien Laguoire

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 05:13:47 AM »
@Cien: Probably true. 360 is considered to be closest to canon, and the DS is a spin-off title, so yeah.
Well, with the whole thing being "canon", both the 360 and PSP versions of the game follow their own, so saying that one version's canon is closest is rather redundant. Just saying.

RoninatorMarx

• Producer
  • Break Time---!!
    • View Profile
    • Marx's Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 05:25:44 AM »
I meant as close to the first ever game (i.e. the Arcade).

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 05:39:30 AM »
We don't talk about the arcade.

Ever.

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 02:50:25 PM »
Crappy shopping but meh, who cares.

Lushe

• The Power of the Sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 12:04:06 AM »
About one year ago, I decided to buy Perfect Sun (despite knowing almost nothing about Idolm@ster). Then, I really liked it, and decided to get Wandering Star. After that, I officially became a big im@s fan, and decided to get Missing Moon and Dearly Stars.

Happy 1st anniversary, SP!

I know the Iron Eyes will guide me!

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 01:49:41 AM »
Aww man, you were on a roll until you got that fan-made game.