puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gameplay Thread  (Read 19110 times)

nikorai

• View Profile
    • Nick's personal page
Re: Gameplay Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 08:53:39 PM »
OK. So let's treat this auto-mode as a peculiarity of the game.
Well, before I mentioned this nobody complained actually. But of course my opinion will be that auto mode with dialogs tells on your comprehension when you feel like checking for unknown words but you can't effectively do that.
Nick

airgeneralpong

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 01:36:25 PM »
I have an urgent question. I've gained enough fans for rank B promotion, but the game didn't allow my idols to rank up (I got 700,000+, but my idols are still in rank C). Is there any else I need for ranking up to rank B?

BT2

• Producer
  • ξ*'ω')ξ にょわー☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »
Clear Song, Dance and Visual Dojo and you'll have a Rank B idol.

airgeneralpong

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2009, 04:32:40 PM »
Thanks! Oh..., not sure if I could finish all of them in time, cause now I have only 3 turns and 6 memory points left...
May I ask another question: how far must I be to be able to manage 3 idols on the next game play?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 04:45:44 PM by airgeneralpong »

h4ataraxia

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 09:47:24 PM »
Thanks! Oh..., not sure if I could finish all of them in time, cause now I have only 3 turns and 6 memory points left...
May I ask another question: how far must I be to be able to manage 3 idols on the next game play?

the same way you managed one, its just more of a burden with 3

nikorai

• View Profile
    • Nick's personal page
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 09:15:56 PM »
Hello.

I messed up at some point and started again with Iori.
Tonight I’ve passed 2 auditions. I figured that you need to distribute appeals between 3 judges and then you get high ratings. And I got a rank E after that. But I had to do an excessive number of lessons and that’s only possible at the expense of communication events.
So, my new question is, what’s the timeframe for each rank? I mean how many commu-events can I check before moving ahead? The guide marks around 5 events on each level as a ‘must-see’.
For rank F, I only watched “work in November”, “Meeting” (with Iori’s homeroom teacher), Live (at a live house), and CD sales. And I also had to call for a day-off because Iori for too tired to work any more.
Nick

Kyo

• Perverted Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2009, 02:11:36 AM »
Are you talking about the Master Book?

It marks those events as 'must-see' because they're interesting, not because you need to see them to rank up.

This line in my signature will be removed when Idolmaster Xenoglossia is included in Super Robot Wars

nikorai

• View Profile
    • Nick's personal page
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2009, 04:46:55 AM »
Are you talking about the Master Book?

It marks those events as 'must-see' because they're interesting, not because you need to see them to rank up.

Yep, I figured because I've just moved to rank C without checking any events at all.
Geez, I'm afraid I won't make it in time.

But my question is the same.
What is the timeline for each rank? I mean how many weeks do you usually spend before going to the next level?
Nick

nikorai

• View Profile
    • Nick's personal page
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2009, 05:10:33 AM »
Well, if we assume that there are 6 levels and  52 weeks. Then that makes it only 8 weeks a level, which is less than 2 months. Assuming that you have to distribute this time between events, lessons and auditions, the schedule looks pretty tough to me.
Nick

Kyo

• Perverted Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2009, 05:36:27 AM »
Well, if we assume that there are 6 levels and  52 weeks. Then that makes it only 8 weeks a level, which is less than 2 months. Assuming that you have to distribute this time between events, lessons and auditions, the schedule looks pretty tough to me.

You have lots of time in the early ranks, IIRC as much as 13 weeks to move on to the next rank. The timeframe gets shorter at the higher ranks, but by that time your idol should be pumped up enough to take on successive auditions without having to go for lessons.

In short, concentrate more on lessons in the early weeks and promotions and auditions in the later weeks. If you can, train your idol at the beginning to a level where she can jump into the Local auditions straight away.

This line in my signature will be removed when Idolmaster Xenoglossia is included in Super Robot Wars

nikorai

• View Profile
    • Nick's personal page
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 02:41:55 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, Kyo-san.

I think that I messed up with lessons a little bit because at first I couldn't get good results. And I'll skip promotions at first to have time to check other promotions on higher levels.
Nick

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 06:25:14 PM »
Have a question about Live For You!. I read that in the arcade version of iDOLM@STER, you unlock clothes by gaining fans and going to a stylist. Is it the same in L4U?

h4ataraxia

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2009, 08:42:58 PM »
Have a question about Live For You!. I read that in the arcade version of iDOLM@STER, you unlock clothes by gaining fans and going to a stylist. Is it the same in L4U?

no, you unlock outfits and remixes of songs depending on your score when you play "cheer mode" for the songs.

nikorai

• View Profile
    • Nick's personal page
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 02:50:23 PM »
Kyo

Finished producing Iori but not quite successfully. I reached rank B but didn’t have any time left. I also completed all of the special auditions. I cleared all Dojo, Masters, and finally, the Super Idol audition. I missed just around 12 thousand fans! Ah, if only I had one more week… This is the case when you say “close but no cigar”.

Super idol audition –

Rank B –

Budoukan concert.

Instead of Tokyo Dome I chose Budoukan. I succeeded with the concert but this is not the perfect ending. Note that the scale is marked as “mistake” instead of “failure”. It’s kind of Engrish, don’t you think? Because when seeing this you can’t help but think that “the concert was one big mistake.”

So I stated producing Iori again right after the final credits. Thanks again for the suggestion, Kyo-san. Now I spent 2 months on lessons but went straight to the locals and hit a 20k audience. So I got Rank E in one audition. And I’ll need just one more to get to Rank D.
Since I partially watched promotion events for Rank F and E on my first playthrough, now I’ll concentrate on Rank D and on.
It seems I got a knack of the game. I hope I won’t make the same mistake as I did on my first try.

Nick

h4ataraxia

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 08:00:33 PM »
try buying emails for the idols
because rarely when you do read the email the idol becomes really happy and gets this thing called "miracle boost" which makes it so that no matter what you do their tension doesnt go down and their stats are double - tripled and their face is all sparkly lol.