puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gameplay Thread  (Read 18482 times)

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
Re: Gameplay Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2011, 02:34:53 AM »
It's based on your idol rank. The higher the rank, the harder lessons are, and hence the more the bar fills up.

IIRC, it's possible to steal a High Tension Perfect with A-A-A-A-A-A at Rank B, and it becomes slightly more lenient at Rank A/S (You can have a B or two, basically.)

That makes sense. I never really bother past rank B or C.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2012, 03:57:52 AM »
This topic is so dead but I don't really want to make a new one just for this question. I thought someone had asked it already but I can't seem to find the answer.

Do song remixes in L4U work without the original song?

I was thinking about getting the ジャパニーズウェーブ Cute & Girly recolor  but in L4U it's attached to Do-Dai's remix A. I don't have enough points to buy the original song and the remix, and I don't want to buy it if the main download is useless, so I was wondering.

It seems like that would be an awfully cheap way around new songs and I think I'd see a lot more of the remixes if that was the case. But hey, if I can get away with it...

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2012, 10:38:05 AM »
Yeah, you can buy the remixes without the original song. Do-dai sucks anyway.

But... all of the remixes, sans maybe one or two (a remix of My Best Friend comes to mind), are awful.

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2012, 10:14:16 PM »
Yeah, you can buy the remixes without the original song. Do-dai sucks anyway.

But... all of the remixes, sans maybe one or two (a remix of My Best Friend comes to mind), are awful.
Sorry for the redundancy but you can buy them -and- use them or just buy them and not be able to use them until you get the original?

I guess I shouldn't be so picky, anyway. Buying a remix with a costume is cheaper than buying a costume recolor by itself...

I can't vouch for any of the remixes being better than the original songs but they add some variety. And most of them are bearable. Remix A of My Best Friend is horrible but hilarious, probably the single worst remix in my opinion but funny because of that.

edit: I tried it anyway, and...wow, you really can use the remixes without the original song. Cool beans.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:12:53 AM by TweenDoriru »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2012, 01:47:57 AM »
I used to do that in SP (I don't have xbox live because I don't have wifi on my xbox).
Too bad the remixes like noted above tend to almost always be crap.

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2012, 04:08:36 PM »
I used to do that in SP (I don't have xbox live because I don't have wifi on my xbox).
Too bad the remixes like noted above tend to almost always be crap.
I must just be really tolerant or something XD I don't think they're all crap, on the contrary I think more of them are decent than are not. XD

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »
I must just be really tolerant or something XD I don't think they're all crap, on the contrary I think more of them are decent than are not. XD

True, when you're unable to afford the actual song, it's pretty enjoyable just to have it.  :D Aren't all the catalogs like suuuuper discounted though?
I remember on SP it was literally like only 2 hong kong dollars for a remix or something like that.

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2012, 08:29:33 PM »
True, when you're unable to afford the actual song, it's pretty enjoyable just to have it.  :D Aren't all the catalogs like suuuuper discounted though?
I remember on SP it was literally like only 2 hong kong dollars for a remix or something like that.
They are, they are.
Remixes are 150MSP (default songs are 600MSP).
Given that they used to be 300MSP (and 1200MSP), that's excellent.
I'm waiting for iM@S2's store to do that before I buy anything...