puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Strategy SP - Question & Answer thread  (Read 36758 times)

digi162

Strategy SP - Question & Answer thread
« on: July 16, 2009, 04:35:37 AM »
Throwback to the old thread that existed on the old board.
Feel free to ask questions, contribute information, get help, etc.

I can't remember all the useful information the first one had but I'll post up something to start with.
Code: [Select]
Which versions have which idols:

Perfect Sun:
Idols - Haruka Amami, Yayoi Takatsuki, Makoto Kikuchi
Rival - Hibiki Gahana

Missing Moon:
Idols - Chihaya Kisaragi, Ritsuko Akizuki, Azusa Miura
Rival - Miki Hoshii

Wandering Star:
Idols - Yukiho Hagiwara, Iori Minase, Ami and Mami Futami
Rival - Takane Shijou

// Note
You can only go through Story & Free Produce with the idols available for your version.  
All idols (and rivals) are available for play in Office Mode though regardless of version.  
You must unlock the rivals to play them in Office Mode (reach producer rank 5).

Here are some useful links I'd like to post:

Official website-
http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs/list/idolmaster/sp/

Playstation Store page-
http://www.jp.playstation.com/psn/store/pickup/imas/index.html

im@s SP translation project-
http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php?title=Idolmaster_SP

Getting Perfect Communications-
http://www.icomu-master.info/
I use this site in order to get perfect communications.  All three SP games are listed on the left in the menu.

Idol performance videos-
http://www.youtube.com/user/ImasPSP
Person hasn't logged in for a while, but you can use these videos to preview songs before you buy them.

Guide for playing SP-
http://whitefox284.livejournal.com/75999.html
I wrote this poor thing up haha.  It's not perfect but I think it could be of some help to newcomers that are lost.  If linking to this isn't cool I can copy & paste the info here too.

Additional guide but for 360 version-
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/934453/54858
Written by the legendary Kyo.  Hope you don't mind me linking this, but this contains useful information as well even though it's not directly for use with SP.

If there's anything you want me to include/remove in this first post let me know ;)

// Additional

Debug Mode-
http://www.project-imas.com/w/THE_iDOLM%40STER_SP_Debug_Mode
Muhahahaha
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 05:03:27 AM by digi162 »

curriegrad2004

• Orbital Strike... Your Area...
    • View Profile
Re: Strategy SP - Question & Answer thread
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 04:59:38 AM »
What about the cheats from the Wiki? Especially the debug mode and other stuff
Got time? Know Japanese, then please help out with the translation project!

digi162

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 05:05:09 AM »
Oh yeah, those haha.
I'll edit those in the post, thanks for reminding me :3

TweenDoriru

• Producer
  • inactive like crazy
    • View Profile
    • sometimes drawing stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 07:26:51 PM »
Maybe just, as people come up and ask questions + get answers, put them in the first post? I think that's what happened on the last Q&A thread XD

Lushe

• The Power of the Sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 11:31:29 AM »
Hello! I'm new here, and I'd like to discuss something my brother and I have accidentally "discovered" in Idolmaster SP. x_x;

Everyone knows that auditions are composed of three phases, and each phase contains nine turns. Well, when my brother was doing an audition in Wandering Star, he was intending to make a dance appeal for the first turn of the first phase, so he pressed the button that corresponds with dance appeal. However, after pressing the button for dance appeal, he accidentally (and consecutively) pressed the button for visual appeal! Strangely enough, both appeals registered, and he was able to appeal to TWO judges in a single turn!

However, the points that he got for both visual and dance were cut in half (for example, if he only did a dance OR visual appeal, he would have gotten 128 points in either category. However, when he made a dance AND visual appeal in the same turn, he only got 64 points in both categories), but in that single turn, he was able to get points for both visual and dance! Of course, we were both shocked, because after playing Idolmaster for about 2 months, neither of us knew that making multiple appeals in a single turn was possible.

So, to test this out even more, my brother tried to appeal to ALL THREE judges in a single turn, and as he predicted, the points that he got for each category was only a third of the points that he would have gotten if he only made a single appeal in one turn (instead of getting 128 points in either vocal, visual, or dance, he only got 43 points in each category).

Of course, we found this tactic to be quite effective in pulling off genocides. For example, this is a typical "balanced" approached to a single phase in an audition:

()()()()()()()()() <-- these represent the 9 turns in a single phase

(da)(da)(da)(da)(vo)(vo)(vo)(vi)(vi) <-- the typical "4-3-2" strategy (assuming that dance is most popular, and visual is least popular)

Total points received at end of phase:
4 Dance appeals, 3 Vocal appeals, and 2 Visual appeals
Dance: 128 x 4 = 512
Vocal: 128 x 3 = 384
Visual: 128 x 2 = 256

Now, instead of pulling off the usual 4-3-2 strategy, we did this:

(da/vo) (da/vi) (da/vo) (da/vi) (da/vo) (da/vi) (da/vo) (da/vi) (da/vo)

Total points received at end of phase (using "double-appeal" approach):
NINE Dance appeals, FIVE Vocal appeals, and FOUR Visual appeals!
Dance: 64 x 9 = 576
Vocal: 64 x 5 = 320
Visual: 64 x 4 = 256

A different variation of "double-appeal" approach:

(da/vo) (da/vi) (da/vo) (da/vi) (da/vo) (da/vi) (da/vo) (da/vi) (vi/vo)

Total points received at end of phase (using the variation):
EIGHT Dance appeals, SIX Vocal appeals, and FOUR Visual appeals!
Dance: 64 x 8 = 512
Vocal: 64 x 6 = 384
Visual: 64 x 4 = 256

We did two appeals in one turn, and we alternated between dance/vocal and dance/visual. In the end, we got about the same number of points we would get if we did the typical 4-3-2 approach. However, because we appealed to the dance judge EVERY turn, that judge's interest was decreased by a huge amount by the end of the phase.

So what makes this approach special? Well, in a usual genocide, I noticed that a player would only do one kind of appeal for several turns, to try and bring the judge's interest down to zero. However, a straightforward approach like that is dangerous, because the player may not get points/stars for the other two categories. By using the "double-appeal" strategy I just explained, the player can not only decrease a judge's interest by a huge amount, but he or she can also get points/stars for the other two categories that are not being genocided.

Now, I don't know whether people already discovered this or not (and please don't flame me if other people already discovered this before we did x_x), but I just thought that sharing my game experiences/strategies would be helpful to some, because all the FAQs I've read never mentioned this at all! x_x;

EDIT:

Of course, you can also do a "Super Genocide" by appealing to ALL judges every turn! XD

(da/vo/vi) (da/vo/vi) (da/vo/vi) (da/vo/vi) (da/vo/vi) (da/vo/vi) (da/vo/vi) (da/vo/vi) (da/vo/vi)

Total points received at end of phase (using triple appeals):
NINE Dance appeals, NINE Vocal appeals, and NINE Visual appeals!
Dance: 43 x 9 = 387
Vocal: 43 x 9 = 387
Visual: 43 x 9 = 387

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:49:23 AM by Lushe »

I know the Iron Eyes will guide me!

Nanashi

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 12:45:18 PM »
First of all, hello and welcome! I sense a true theorycrafter here. Or I guess iM@S would make it a theoryM@STER?

I never paid all that much attention to it, but I always assumed the amount of interest a judge loses because of an appeal is directly proportional to the amount of points that the appeal receives. (Can anyone confirm that?) If it's not, that would be interesting indeed. In any case, I personally like to triple-appeal whenever reasonably possible anyway simply because 43 x 3 > 128.

By the way, the reason you didn't notice them before might be the fact that multiple appeals aren't available when you start playing the game at first, they only become available after reaching a certain producer rank. (普通 for double, 中堅 for triple).

Which reminds me... the wiki needs articles on gameplay stuff like this.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:06:24 PM by Nanashi »

curriegrad2004

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 07:52:38 PM »
You could do that at a certain level. Producers that are just starting out can't appeal to two or more judges at once

Lushe

• The Power of the Sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 09:23:21 PM »
Ah, I see. I guess you're right, because when I found out about multiple appeals for the first time, my producer rank was already very high! XD

curriegrad2004

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 02:49:29 AM »
Ah, I see. I guess you're right, because when I found out about multiple appeals for the first time, my producer rank was already very high! XD
You can also use CWCheat to get multiple appeals (Though I don't really recommend cheating at any game)

Logan

• ζ*'ヮ')ζ<はーん
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 08:10:57 AM »
 :( Whenever I try this CFW and cheating stuff it never works even when I try following the tutorials in read me's and stuff...

can someone send me / pm me a very easy to understand guide?...

curriegrad2004

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 09:03:30 AM »
Did you enable the cheat plugins in the recovery menu yet? You have to enable them at the recovery menu in order for the PSP to load the CWCheat plugin

Logan

• ζ*'ヮ')ζ<はーん
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 09:57:09 AM »
Did you enable the cheat plugins in the recovery menu yet? You have to enable them at the recovery menu in order for the PSP to load the CWCheat plugin
...Recovery menu...?

Drunken Watermelon

• Producer
  • Mmm, that's tasty!
    • View Profile
    • The Internet Starts Here
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 10:01:57 AM »
While booting up the PSP, hold down the Right shoulder button.

Lushe

• The Power of the Sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 10:07:49 AM »
Do the 961 idols never make accidents in their performances? Because after months of playing SP, I have never seen Hibiki, Takane, or Miki make a single accident during their performances in Office Mode (even though their vocal, dance, and visual stats aren't maxed out).

...or am I just really lucky?

Logan

• ζ*'ヮ')ζ<はーん
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 10:13:52 AM »
While booting up the PSP, hold down the Right shoulder button.
It boots up normally when I try that..

**edit**

I added earlier that I need a guide also on custom firmware.. I've tried doing all that but it wouldn't work.. unless recovery menu works without CFW..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:16:00 AM by LegendxofxSpira »