puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)  (Read 247948 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Games, Games, GAMES!! (Besides iDOLM@STER, of course XD)
« Reply #2670 on: December 22, 2016, 03:11:51 PM »
Finally started playing Witcher 3, and yeah, the game really is as good as everyone is saying, especially the quest design. Every side quest really has a story and i have yet to encounter a simple fetch or kill quest, there is always some investigation and stuff necessary before you can find the monster you are supposed to kill.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: January 02, 2017, 06:24:13 AM »
Been playing Final Fantasy 15.

What's interesting is that there's a special teammate move from a temporary party member called Lion's Roar which shares the same name as Leon's Burst in One for All.

@Naryoril

I never played Witcher 3.  But, it sounds similar to Final Fantasy 15 since there are a lot of quests and exploration.

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: January 08, 2017, 01:17:10 PM »
Well, I just beat Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson. I didn't know about the whole cast (only Mingos as Ikaruga), but there's some interesting people, like Eri Kitamura and Yuka Iguchi. And if I not wrong, Yumi Hara and Hiromi Hirata are part of another Senran Kagura cast (I just remember seeing a trailer).

Anyway, I just have to finish some stuffs before start playing Azure Striker Gunvolt 1.

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: January 08, 2017, 05:28:36 PM »
Currently I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse which I got as a christmas present. It i my first game of the main smt series and I am really liking it. I thought that it would be a lot different than persona or devil survivor but I must say it is really similar (except you talk with the demons to get them) The Story is also interesting, and like all SMT games about a battle between angels and demons. (I really like Halleluja, he's my cutiepie) I'm nearly finished with my first run and chose the "good" route for it (wanted to be a renegade but if I went for apocalypse route I would lose all my items because I was kind to my partners. yes there really is a penality for that!) also I may sound bad but It's great that all characters I found annoying are dead xD
So I am kinda excited to see what the apocalypse route will hold for me, but it will take some time till I get there. Just wished there would be a funktion to switch to japanese cast because yuki kaji and hiro shimono are the main characters voices. but the english dub is a okay. maybe I will get the other SMT iV game for the 3ds (the prequel xD) even if it's a standalone story  the apocalypse game, but there are many characters which seem flat to me baecause tehy got all their development in the main game and not the sequel.

Now I am waiting to get Persona 5 in english, which has been pushed back from february to april -.-

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: January 09, 2017, 07:15:41 AM »
Currently I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse which I got as a christmas present. It i my first game of the main smt series and I am really liking it. I thought that it would be a lot different than persona or devil survivor but I must say it is really similar (except you talk with the demons to get them) The Story is also interesting, and like all SMT games about a battle between angels and demons. (I really like Halleluja, he's my cutiepie) I'm nearly finished with my first run and chose the "good" route for it (wanted to be a renegade but if I went for apocalypse route I would lose all my items because I was kind to my partners. yes there really is a penality for that!) also I may sound bad but It's great that all characters I found annoying are dead xD
So I am kinda excited to see what the apocalypse route will hold for me, but it will take some time till I get there. Just wished there would be a funktion to switch to japanese cast because yuki kaji and hiro shimono are the main characters voices. but the english dub is a okay. maybe I will get the other SMT iV game for the 3ds (the prequel xD) even if it's a standalone story  the apocalypse game, but there are many characters which seem flat to me baecause tehy got all their development in the main game and not the sequel.

Now I am waiting to get Persona 5 in english, which has been pushed back from february to april -.-

Ehhhhhhhhhhh... very nice. I was thinking about buying the Final version, but I dunno. I usually go for neutral path because chaos or law path don't "satisfy" me and I leave like that. Like the SMT 4 I played. OK, I destroyed the world in my first playthrough and that wasn't supposed to happen, but anyway.

Anyway, it's a different story. It's about samurais, two different worlds, demons and, of course, polemics (Hahaha...). I'm thinking about getting the other endings as well (chaos and law), even if it is... predictable.

Edit: Just a quick edit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POsTR5iy_TI

After a collab with Atlus, Fire Emblem will have a collab with Koei Tecmo.
And there's a new Shin Megami Tensei game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPnrLzcGbr8
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:56:49 AM by Yui »

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: January 16, 2017, 06:20:52 AM »
I guess this could be video game related.

I watched the Final Fantasy 15 movie called Kingsglaive.  It was pretty awesome.   Love the action scenes and visual effects.  Obviously, the movie was made for the game so you’ll like it if you’re planning to play the game like what I’m doing right now.  Movie takes place like 1-2 days before the game starts.  Since it’s an international release there are different audio languages.  I watched with Japanese voices, but ironically the lip-synching is based off the English voices.

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: January 20, 2017, 06:12:47 PM »
My... that last Nintendo Direct was sure emblematic. 4 Fire Emblem games announced. A remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden for 3DS, a hack'n slash and a working title game for Switch, and a smartphone game that resemble Fate Grand Order or Granblue Fantasy. That's sure a lot.

Verita V.

• Greenhorn
  • Forum plumber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: January 21, 2017, 01:03:59 PM »
Rant incoming.
I played Akiba's Trip 2 for 6 hours just to find that the game balance is broken on the highest starting difficulty (Gamer). Having heard people calling it a simple brawler really mislead me. Despite the main characters keep saying how the Player Character is way stronger than average enemies, in real gameplay the PC can be taken down by less than 8 hits even by the weakest enemy, while the PC needs to land around dozens of attacks to take down an enemy. Better equipment and items will only give insignificant advantage.

What makes it even annoying is that the PC never fights only one enemy at a time; enemies usually come in packs ranging from 3 to 12, and in cases that a fight starts with only one enemy, bystanders and police will join the fight within 40~50 seconds and their first target will always be the PC. The only way out from brawls in most situation is to have a NPC partner do all the offensives while the PC distract some enemies, but then NPCs are not reliable half the time, and what's the point of a brawler game where you can only run around in fear of being crushed?

I tried the game in a difficulty one step lower than the previous one (Called Casual, probably to mess with some people), and discovered that the PC is ridiculously overpowered that I could mash 3 buttons with eyes closed to clear any brawls. What a killjoy.

At least the story felt really interesting. I was let down as I felt that the previous game, Akiba Trip Plus didn't have the same balance problem; sure, the PC gets weaker as difficulty increases, but it'll never be weaker than a mook.

And if I not wrong, Yumi Hara and Hiromi Hirata are part of another Senran Kagura cast (I just remember seeing a trailer)

I'm sure that Yumi Hara voices Yumi, and she seems to be a part in the main cast, being a school clique leader and all.

Maestra

• Greenhorn
  • poof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: January 22, 2017, 02:55:49 AM »
My... that last Nintendo Direct was sure emblematic.

get out

Seriously these new Fire Emblem announcements have gotten me so hyped. I'm looking forward to playing the Gaiden remake that'll come out in a few months (I'm on the "never played the original" train), dungeon crawling in FE looks interesting not to mention Hidari's doing the art *_*. Also can't wait for FE Hero's gacha to make me salty, but it'll be fun regardless.

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: February 06, 2017, 08:28:52 PM »

I'm sure that Yumi Hara voices Yumi, and she seems to be a part in the main cast, being a school clique leader and all.

Ehhhhhhhh... very nice.

get out

Seriously these new Fire Emblem announcements have gotten me so hyped. I'm looking forward to playing the Gaiden remake that'll come out in a few months (I'm on the "never played the original" train), dungeon crawling in FE looks interesting not to mention Hidari's doing the art *_*. Also can't wait for FE Hero's gacha to make me salty, but it'll be fun regardless.

Me too. I'm really looking forward for all of those games.

@topic

Well, I just finished the 2 Azure Striker Gunvolt games. I enjoyed that. A blue protagonist, a muse giving me support at my side, and so much danmaku. This is so like me. xD
Anyway, I think I just finished that in time to watch the anime.

DawnHibiki

• Apprentice
  • Dog Lover & Idol
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2680 on: February 24, 2017, 02:36:31 AM »
I've been playing Cave Story again since back in 2012, and I've loved the game ever since I've played it.  It's easily one of the most well-known indie games ever, and I literally can't believe that it's already 12 years old, yet it still rocks even today.  It even has ported to consoles, such as the PSP, Nintendo DS, GameCube, and even Sega Mega Drive.  The gameplay feels like Metroid, one of the series that Pixel, the creator of the game, actually played as well, because Quote gets to pick up life capsules, missiles, and other weapons, as well as fighting bosses before Quote moves on to the next quest.  It has a variety of weapons, including picking up the Polar Star, the starting weapon, or the Snake, which is an upgraded form of the Polar Star and the Fireball.  The game is really challenging, but pretty fair, although there are tough moments that Quote has to deal with like spikes, Basil, or even water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY72WmB7czo&t=3259s
"Would that you might see fit to grant the honor of your guidance to one yet so inexperienced as myself. Know that our cooperation is anticipated with pleasure." - Takane Shijou

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: March 03, 2017, 10:00:31 AM »
I should be able to pick up my Switch from the post office this evening, i'm really looking forward to Zelda: Breath of the Wild

And apparently the eShop doesn't require a credit card of the corresponding region, and you only need to create a corresponding account to get access to another region's eShop. So this should make buying japanese games really easy. Now i'm dreaming about a Dearly Stars comback on the Switch...

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: March 06, 2017, 01:31:35 PM »
After playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for a weekend, i have to say the game is amazing. It simply is fun and challenging, and it just invites you to explore the world on your own. In fact, it pretty much forces you to do so, there is very little guidance.

While it also has towers which reveal a part of the map, it only places very few symbols on the map, symbols to show villages for example. All the items you have to find and discover are not shown on the map until you actually find them. So you often climb a mountain or hill or whatever and look around where you can see something that looks interesting. Then you can mark that place through some kind of binocular and then proceed to go there. And whatever you see, you can reach at any time, provided you prepare for it. For example, there is at least one high mountain, you can climb to the top of it, but it's very cold there. So you either need to find warm clothing somewhere, or you can cook food or elixirs which increase your cold tolerance for a certain time, so you don't need any special equipment. In fact, all you need to solve every puzzle or to reach any spot you want, is given to you in the tutorial area. You could even go and fight Ganon right after, you get the quest to do so. You will get one-hitted by every enemy in the area there and you would have to hit them i don't know how often to kill them, but it is theoretically possible.

I can't wait until work is over, so i can continue playing, even on the way home.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: March 06, 2017, 02:26:13 PM »
Glad to see you've dug in already, Naryoril. My console should come around next Wednesday, though I intend to score my friends a purchase before prices get too crazy. Nintendo still blows at stock.

Truthfully, I never really hard-committed to a Zelda playthrough before (often due to not owning a Nintendo console), but the amount of great things I've heard for BotW will finally make it otherwise.

Perhaps I'll see you on the other side? Much more to the point when you're also a hikkomori fan. <3
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: March 07, 2017, 03:09:20 PM »
If anyone is interested, my Switch Friend Code (*sigh* it's unbelievable this is still a thing) is SW-6335-1953-3507