puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE IDOLM@STER Prologue SideM -Episode of Jupiter-  (Read 334 times)

Clear Blue

• Producer
  • Omigosh!!!
    • View Profile
THE IDOLM@STER Prologue SideM -Episode of Jupiter-
« on: September 25, 2017, 06:32:59 AM »
Since no one is going to open up a new topic for the prequel episode, I might as well do that.

THE IDOLM@STER Prologue SideM –Episode of Jupiter- will broadcast on Sept 30th. But on Sept 24th to 29th, there will be early screenings in Japan that comes along with The Idolm@ster Movie.

Official Website
Prequel Episode PV
"My name's Amagase Touma, A-ma-ga-se To-u-ma, got it?" - Amagase Touma

Chihayaa

• View Profile
Re: THE IDOLM@STER Prologue SideM -Episode of Jupiter-
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 07:07:39 PM »
Man this episode was definitely a lot better than I expected. That intro with Alice or Guilty was just awesome and running into Haruka another time was great, too! This prequel seems to take place during the whole dome concert in the iM@S movie, so unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll get any Million Live! cameos (on billboards, posters, advertisements, etc.) for a while, since they're trainees right now in the anime universe. Perhaps some Cinderella Girls cameos? I loved seeing all the 765PRO cameos in Cinderella Girls so I hope they do something cool for SideM!

I guess the only thing that really caught me off guard were those really sudden instances of CGI during Brand New Field? You have really gorgeous 2D animation that's just suddenly interrupted by really obvious CGI that kinda looks like the CGI used in the movie's M@STERPIECE sequence. The 2D dance animation has improved so much from Cinderella Girls and anim@s (it's waaay less stiff and choppy) but the CGI just takes me out of it. In fact it seems like A-1 Pictures used CGI in the fourth season of UtaPri that they did a while ago, and iirc the first season didn't use CGI at all. Guess it's an unfortunate budget issue from A-1 :( At least the 2D animation looks stunning!

Everything else about the episode was great, and for me it left a great first impression for the rest of the show. All that's left is the mystery of the Producer's gender...

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 05:03:00 AM »
Just watched the Jupiter Prologue.

I thought it was pretty good.  We get to see Jupiter’s life after quitting 961 and their struggles with starting from scratch and having to live up to their fans’ expectations despite their lack of resources.

I liked their Alice or Guilty and Brand new Field concerts (though seemed like they used a bit of CGI in the later)

The prologue does sort of bring out their character.  Some people think they’re just “bad guys” since they were rivals in im@s 2 and anime.  But, that’s because of Kuroi's lies and manipulation.  From the prologue, they’re actually nice guys who just want to make their fans happy and keep moving forward despite their dark past with 961.  That’s something I acknowledge them doing.  Not dwelling in the past but pushing forward to reach their goals and dreams with hard work and determination despite the odds going against them.

In addition, their bond of friendship is strong. They stuck with each other even after quitting 961 and often look out after for each other.

Plus, they really care about their fans.  They mention not wanting to join agencies since those agencies’ goals are entirely about money and not the fans.  After quitting 961, they had a distrust with agencies and don’t want to repeat that mistake again.   They want to keep their fans smiling (which is why they held back sharing their 961 past in the interview recording.)

I have to admit, those moments with the 315 president were pretty amusing.

It was nice to see the cameo appearances with 765 via posters, TV screens, and M@sterpiece concert.  And, yes.  I was happy to see Haruka and Touma interacted a little bit.  I wish they could interact more (I sort of like pairing them together, but that’s just me. Wish the script writers would develop more with that.)

But, in conclusion, the prologue had a nostalgic feeling.  Jupiter sort of helped me get into im@s way back in early 2011.  So, have to give my respects to them. 

Really glad Jupiter have found a place that accepts them and where they can continue pursuing their dreams.  Will keep following them.  Hope to see more character development from them in Side M.

gioiadeasis

• Apprentice
  • Anderson Cooper's loyal wife❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 10:26:09 AM »
I have watched the episode as well and I am so hyped. I agree with the aforementioned people. They really do stick together and look out for each other. It is seriously hard to start from scratch and the fans keep them going. By the way, the animations are so detailed I really did see an improvement when Haruka and Touma's scene came. I ship them! Haruka x Touma! That Alice or Guilty opening number was worthy of a fangirl moment! DAMN YOU HOKUTO I really love how shy Touma is (like he's such an Iori material), and Hokuto's maturity, and Shouta's free spirit. They look way too better than they were in the 2011 anime and the movie. Oh, that ending was a certain cliffhanger! But I just wish Producer-san is a girl!

PS: Saitou Takashi is one of the most funny presidents of this franchise! I REALLY LAUGHED WHEN HE POPS UP TO SCOUT JUPITER IT'S SO CUTE!

I love anime, food, news and Anderson Cooper. ❤