puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Prerelease Thread: THE iDOLM@STER Stella Stage (PS4)  (Read 3101 times)

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
Prerelease Thread: THE iDOLM@STER Stella Stage (PS4)
« on: September 19, 2017, 05:08:31 PM »
Confirmed today at PlayStation Press Conference there's a brand new 765 AllStars idol raising live game! A few hours afterwards there was a nico live stream held called Stella Channel which gave us more information. The game releases December 21st 2017! New song is ToP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N8OJtgAuxk

Big news is there are NO more P Drops, and DLC bought from Platinum Stars carries over to Stella Stage!

More info and screenshots can be found at Dengeki Online's article! http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/593/1593618/

Edit: Changed title slightly now that Stella Stage has it's own section
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:33:03 PM by Okayu »

darkthunder

• Apprentice
  • STRICTLY A NORMAL HUMAN
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Stella Stage (PS4)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 04:16:25 AM »

Big news is there are NO more P Drops, and DLC bought from Platinum Stars carries over to Stella Stage!
Now regretting for not buying DLC during sale

Clear Blue

• Producer
  • Omigosh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 05:40:14 PM »
Another new idol from 961Pro?

Could it be Leon with shorter hair?
"My name's Amagase Touma, A-ma-ga-se To-u-ma, got it?" - Amagase Touma

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 10:01:12 PM »
Here comes a new challenger!
Well, this "generation" couldn't pass without 961Pro having a rival.

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 08:31:26 AM »
Another new idol from 961Pro?

Sorry for the double post, but...

Challenger revealed!

The name's Shiika (I think), 17 years.
Anyway, it showed in the iM@S Live just now.

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 09:42:38 AM »
Im just not sold on that returning gameplay from Platinum Stars. It seems they think a selling point is finally getting the girls out of those awful track suits... I guess it is for some. So whats really new? OFA style menu system and some new interactions? I just cant imagine having a huge amount of reasons to play this game with the Platinum Stars gameplay returning. Maybe they have something up their sleeve or some good incentives planned out, but I had my fill of Platinum Stars. Maybe this new girl means rival battles are returning? Would love to see Rin Shibuya, if she shows up im sure it will cost 2k yen just to have her in a rival battle. Sigh. Hope im wrong and the game is great but frankly I dont believe it will be... Probably pick it up no matter what if the Asian release has English subs but I most certainly will not import this new at 8k yen after Platinum Stars.
PSN Reikuo

darkthunder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 12:34:59 PM »
Im just not sold on that returning gameplay from Platinum Stars. It seems they think a selling point is finally getting the girls out of those awful track suits... I guess it is for some. So whats really new? OFA style menu system and some new interactions? I just cant imagine having a huge amount of reasons to play this game with the Platinum Stars gameplay returning. Maybe they have something up their sleeve or some good incentives planned out, but I had my fill of Platinum Stars. Maybe this new girl means rival battles are returning? Would love to see Rin Shibuya, if she shows up im sure it will cost 2k yen just to have her in a rival battle. Sigh. Hope im wrong and the game is great but frankly I dont believe it will be... Probably pick it up no matter what if the Asian release has English subs but I most certainly will not import this new at 8k yen after Platinum Stars.
Seeing all the day one bonus that they give and I can already sense how weird the money loving Scamco acting here. To be safe lower your expectation to zero and expect nothing.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 03:06:26 PM »
More info on the new rival.

Name: Shika
Voice Actress: Rie Takahashi
Birthday: September 16th
Height: 158cm
Weight: 43kg
3 sizes: 82/53/80
Blood Type: A
Hobbies: Collecting music boxes, Robot toys

She was raised in Austria and came back to Japan. (I'm guessing that means she's part Japanese)
Due to her upbringing she already has a foundation in music.
It also mentions her having experience in ballet and fashion modeling.

There's only one image of her line but her using the phrase "it's been an honor" (光栄です) reminds me of how Chihaya talks.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:51:08 PM by Okayu »

darkthunder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 03:27:49 PM »
Name: 詩花 (I think people are reading it as "Shiina" but I'll edit this if the official reading changes later
Is it Shiika or Shiina?

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 06:08:52 PM »
Oh, more data. Nice.
As for her name, I still can't say for sure. Although I heard the girls saying "Shiika".

She was raised in Austria and came back to Japan. (I'm guessing that means she's part Japanese)
Due to her upbringing she already has a foundation in music.
It also mentions her having experience in ballet and fashion modeling.

There's only one image of her line but her using the phrase "it's been an honor" (光栄です) reminds me of how Chihaya talks.

Ah... Austria? I thought I heard Australia.
As for her data, actually I thought that was Takane after reading this. Then... a mix of Chihaya and Takane?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 06:10:38 PM by Yui »

SapphicSari

• Greenhorn
  • Mami Futami IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 09:55:55 PM »
*gasp* A new rival! And she has more than one outfit this time! *cough*Leon*cough* And I could have sworn it was Shiika, where are you getting Shiina from? I just looked it up, the translator I used is giving it as "Shiika", which means "poetic flower". I wonder what her personality will be like...maybe she'll be friendly to the 765 girls, like Leon was, or maybe she'll be a high-and-mighty jerk...I'm so excited, she looks amazing!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:58:20 PM by SapphicSari »
Bruce from Finding Nemo is just Syoko's fursona and you can't tell me otherwise

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛いさは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 10:31:18 PM »
Ah... Austria? I thought I heard Australia.

I double checked, it's Austria.

And I could have sworn it was Shiika, where are you getting Shiina from? I just looked it up, the translator I used is giving it as "Shiika", which means "poetic flower".

That's what I was told, there's no official furigana reading at the moment, both articles I checked only had the kanji.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 05:29:15 AM »
From the looks of it, they're going with Shika? Apparently, that's what people heard her name as.
She's from Austria, Vienna to be more specific.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 10:54:44 AM »
(Don’t mind me.  Just thinking aloud what’s been presented.  This is all just my personal opinion.)

Based on what’s been shown, I’m sure this game will at least be better than PS.  I mean, they finally removed that awful P drop system (meaning no more drops), which everyone hated.  Also, they brought back casual outfits, which is nice to see (and they’re back in the office).

There’s seems to be a skill system too.  So, it seems they are implementing some OFA stuff into this game.

And, that’s good that they’re letting us use PS DLC we spent money on to be transferred.  That would help some of us save some money (though I can imagine how much extra DLC they will put in to make up for that.)

Based on what people seen in TGS, it seems gameplay will be largely similar to PS.  I guess like people said the game is like PS with some OFA like changes/additions.

I’m pretty surprised how soon this game came out.  Then again, PS didn’t fare well with everyone, and Namco wanted to end it right away.  So, I suppose this game is an apology for that. 

Obviously, there were several major things wrong with PS.  But, one of my main complaints were the communications.  I recall way back before PS came out about my concerns for communications in PS. (Turns out my concerns were right.)

Unfortunately, the communications in PS were lacking.  Not only in quantity but also in quality (meaning, in my definition, I didn’t feel that close personal (or intimate depending on the idol) relationship that I experienced with the previous games.) (I can’t speak for all idols since I didn’t play through all the routes, but that’s the general feeling I got with PS.  PS kept touch scenes in communications, which is good but like I said, it just seemed lacking overall compared to previous games.)

Since there will be a rival character and rank up scenes, for sure there will be more communications quantity wise in Stella Stage compared to PS.  But, “quality” wise (in my definition), I can’t say for certain until I play the game.

Personally, I don’t mind the resets.  Every console game does that.  I guess it’s sort of the tradition.  I mean, I like re-experiencing the story and relationship building (with Chihaya only of course).  But, that’s just me.

But, even if there aren’t many communications (quality and/or quantity) maybe they’ll add it as DLC since I'm assuming they’ll be doing catalogs for a while.  (though will cost more money, nonetheless).

But, we’ll see.  Again, everything I’ve said is just my opinion.  At this point, only way to know for certain if I’ll like this game is to actually play the game.  (Though, for sure I'm going like it better than PS at the very least.)

So, I’ll be preordering this game.

Being an 765pro only fan,  I’m grateful they’re still releasing stuff.  I just hope the communications will be as good as the previous games since PS was disappointing.  I feel like that’s one of the foundations that Namco seemed to have forgotten.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:15:48 PM by mariokirby »

CrimsonBlaze

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 01:10:55 AM »

WHAT!!!! Where did they mention about it??
Didn't recall reading any info on Gematsu and such about the DLC can be carried over to Stella Stage
Heck, even about the dreaded P-Drops as well..
If they can be carried over, then perhaps Stella Stage COULD HAVE OTHER different songs (DLCs) than Platinum Stars.

Oh boy..~~
Looking forward to December now..  8)