puppies-volcanic
Username: Password:

Author Topic: On Layering Ami and Mami's Voices  (Read 331 times)

Producerchan

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
On Layering Ami and Mami's Voices
« on: May 20, 2017, 02:35:07 PM »
I can't help but feel that it would have been better if they used different recordings of Asami Shimoda's singing for each of the twins. I mean, they probably took multiple takes of her doing the songs already, I don't think it would have been hard. Ami's voice could be a more childish version (around the lines of how she sounds in Triple Angel) and Mami's could be a more feminine, tweenage sounding version (how she sounds in THE IDOLM@STER).

As it is now, you can't really have them duet together without it sounding really harsh, and depending on the song, together they can overpower the vocals even in quintets. Idk, I just feel like it was a missed opportunity?  :-\

Kimiko

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
Re: On Layering Ami and Mami's Voices
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 02:52:33 PM »
I can't help but feel that it would have been better if they used different recordings of Asami Shimoda's singing for each of the twins. I mean, they probably took multiple takes of her doing the songs already, I don't think it would have been hard. Ami's voice could be a more childish version (around the lines of how she sounds in Triple Angel) and Mami's could be a more feminine, tweenage sounding version (how she sounds in THE IDOLM@STER).

As it is now, you can't really have them duet together without it sounding really harsh, and depending on the song, together they can overpower the vocals even in quintets. Idk, I just feel like it was a missed opportunity?  :-\

It would cost much more to make 2 diffrent voice tracks for ami mami, and it would also be a lot of work asami shimoda. I think she has been asked why not record 2 diffrent tracks for ami and mami and she said something about it, but I don't know where I read that. (maybe I have been imagine it xD)
I too would love if mamis voice sounded different from ami but I don't think it would ever happen

Producerchan

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Re: On Layering Ami and Mami's Voices
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 11:25:34 PM »
Here are what songs I associate with whom:

Ami
Amaterasu
I Want
Visionary
Kosmos, Cosmos
Colorful Days
MEGARE!
Ippai Ippai
My Best Friend

Mami
THE IDOLM@STER
Kyun! Vampire girl
Kiramekirari
9:02 PM
L•O•B•M
DREAM
Overmaster
Meisou Mind
JIBUN REST@RT
Honey Heartbeat

Not a complete list, and I know they both sound the same, but if I were to differentiate the two by voice I'd say they ought to sound like they do in the songs listed above.